destiny_poster.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

LOOKING FOR PS4/PS3 DESTINY BETA CODES?  CLICK HERE (GameInformer is giving them away)

LOOKING FOR XboxOne/360 DESTINY BETA CODES?  Beta is live July 23rd, check back soon.

Destiny is an upcoming online multiplayer action role-playing first-person shooter video game in a "mythic science fiction" open world setting.  The game will be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One video game consoles on September 9, 2014, with a beta testing phase coming in July. The beta will launch first for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on July 17, 2014 - and on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on July 23, 2014.

Destiny - E3 Gameplay Experience Video

Bungie developer Jason Jones gives a thorough breakdown of what to expect in Destiny this fall.

Destiny - Official Beta Trailer

The Destiny Beta is your first step on the path to adventure, beginning July 17th on PlayStation and July 23rd on Xbox. Explore the vast expanses of the world of Destiny, fight through riveting story missions, strike deep within enemy strongholds alongside a fireteam, or compete for glory against your fellow Guardians in the action-packed competitive multiplayer.

*description borrowed from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destiny_(video_game)

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am SO STOKED for this game.

Just redeemed my beta code today

CxpZC31.png

It's cool I know you're jelly.

That first video up there, the "gameplay experience" one is AMAZING.  If you are not sold on Destiny yet, watch that video - it will seriously give you goose bumps.  I'm picking this up day one for the Xbone.  Anyone else going to be traversing the galaxy with me?

It's not that I don't think it'll be a good game. I've watched the trailers and seen the gameplay footage and read articles, and I still just don't understand, what is it exactly? Is it a shooter? Is it an RPG? How unique will my character actually be, apart from appearances?

What exactly is the goal that I'm playing to achieve?

I just haven't fully absorbed good solid answers to these. Maybe I'm watching the wrong footage. I dunno. I just have no tangible idea of what Destiny actually is, and as such I really don't have much feelings for or against it. All I know for certain is Bungie and Activision, and the largest budget for pretty much any project ever in the entertainment industry.

It's not that I don't think it'll be a good game. I've watched the trailers and seen the gameplay footage and read articles, and I still just don't understand, what is it exactly? Is it a shooter? Is it an RPG? How unique will my character actually be, apart from appearances?

What exactly is the goal that I'm playing to achieve?

I just haven't fully absorbed good solid answers to these. Maybe I'm watching the wrong footage. I dunno. I just have no tangible idea of what Destiny actually is, and as such I really don't have much feelings for or against it. All I know for certain is Bungie and Activision, and the largest budget for pretty much any project ever in the entertainment industry.

Destiny has quite a lot of different modes to suit everyone's needs:

• Story missions – soloable activities (you can still play them in groups of up to 3!), often with ties to the main story arc of Destiny (the campaign). These activities appear at various Levels (numerical, relative to the player) and choosing a higher level (relative to you) means you’re opting in for some additional challenge.
  • Strikes – 3 player activities, with bosses and loot at the end. Their goal is a highly replayable activity that will – at higher levels – lead you into the loot game.
  • Explore – cruise around the surface of a planet in Fireteams of up to 3, taking odd jobs and tasks for the City. You can find minerals and resources out in the world that you’ll have some use for as you find weapons in Destiny that you want to stick with. This is a lower intensity activity
  • Raids – 6 player, cooperative required, communication required gameplay. High challenge. We haven’t talked much about this yet and I’m not going start that conversation here on NeoGAF
  • Multiplayer - This is for the “shoot other players” mood.

It has similarities to Borderlands for it's co-op experiences and of course it will have some similarities with Halo because it's made by Bungie but in no way could you explain this game by just calling it Borderlands-Halo mash up.

It has MMO type gameplay, you will see other players in the world and can group up with them for example when a random event starts in the world. For example a giant robot spider will spawn and players in the world can take part in destroying it within the time limit.

I wasn't very interested in Destiny but after playing the Alpha I pre-ordered it straight away. The game will have just so much content to do and has HUGE replay value, and this is just for the base game I can't wait to see what they will do with DLCs.

There are 3 character classes: Hunter, Titan and Warlock. Each of them are unique but all of the classes have different subclasses that you can improve and build the character skills how you like. You will also improve your character by looting gear from different armor pieces to weapons.

So it's sort of a sci-fi action-mmorpg kinda sorta?

Thank you Matuzz. I'll have to pre-order it, at least to try out the beta.

I wonder how gimped the previous gen versions will be.

I may have to pick it up for PC, seeing as I won't upgrade consoles soon.

Yeah sorta :D

As of the PC version, it has not been confirmed. They might make a PC port later down the road like with GTA IV.

Destiny beta is LIVE for PS3/PS4!!! (updated OP with links)

Don't have a beta code?  GameInformer is giving away TONS of them - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/16/we_1920_re-giving-away-a-bunch-of-destiny-beta-codes.aspx

For any of you that already registered for the beta, here's an article explaining any info you may need - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/17/your-playstation-destiny-beta-codes-are-available-now.aspx

Apparently each person that registers for the beta get's 3 beta codes for friends???  That's pretty awesome.

I've seen some gameplay of the game of youtube videos, and overall it looks pretty, meh. I don't know if there's a difference between the actual videos I'm watching and actually playing it. Can someone give me some confimation? Because I was thinking of picking this up to fill up the gap until the release of a game I am completely hyped about (which rarely happens with me)  

Regards Yellow-card8

I've tried deciphering it but the closest I came too it was 

mend be the passaying mentence decide divine layers i new sign

I think the difficulty is if they are seperate words that no spaces exist.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

BtLqI6fCMAATFUa.jpg

Just got my codes :D

SOMEBODY CRACK THIS DAMN CRYPTOGRAM

Wild guess

What do you mean mend the rift? Stuhlinger: "

well maybe I don't wanna huh did ya think of that?" ?: "?!" Stuhlinger: "

Feel free to tell me to go back to Hangman @Grill.

you do whatever you want @way2g00d ;) - BTW you didn't tag me because you didn't put my name in all caps, get on my level!

Archived