Opinions on Chaos Mode?

So Chaos Mode has been out for a while since the difficutly patches and such for Xbox 360 Extinction.

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on Chaos Mode?

I love it

Im an Extinction addiction myself and an avid solo player so i really enjoy all the things they are adding.

I have yet to try Co-Op though and im sure thats super fun. 

Chaos mode is hard to learn like most side game modes but once you do, its really fun

if you enjoy Extinction.

Leave some thoughts and opinions if you have tried Chaos Mode!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried it solo, i haven't really gotten the hang of it yet.

It needs more trial and error, but so far it's quick, it's fun, but it's hard and I'm not sure that i know what I'm doing...then it's over.

Yup trial and error is key

Youll get the hang of it, its just about keeping your combo alive.

You can increase or keep it going buy pretty much doing anything in the maps,

-Pick up weapons

-Shoot aliens

-Traps

-Pick up boxs and upgrades that spawn on map

Basiclly if you can get a good start, its not to hard to keep going.

Yeah, it's the nuances and the paying attention to your combo and knowing what to do about it.

That all comes with practice, which i haven't had. Ha.

Edit: it would be nice if sometime did a strategy guide for it, with helpful tips/strategies. You know i would, if i had a clue. But i don't, yet.

I really hope that the extinction guides get more attention or more people writing some. We have zombie threads galore, I've done what I could for Safeguard (play the damn mode bitches! Oh, did I type that?). I have edited and revamped it like 100 times and while it still has a few unanswered questions, there is no thread like it on the web (because nobody gives 2 fecal matters about the mode).

I clearly don't know Extinction well enough or I'd do my part (hey, i did write down all of the equipment costs in that one semi-started thread).

Edited by 83457

I was so hyped about this game mode and I actually did not find it that great to be honest. What I did not like about it is that the game does not give you enough detail as to what is being expected and HUD can be a lil better. At first I thought we need to buy guns and it does not tell us when or if these guns will come back. I think it could have been bit better. Game play looks phenomenal.

Glad to have you guys opinion on this,

I agree 100% the HUD could have been way better

and as for explaining what to do, they pretty much throw you

in there and expect you to learn.

But for what it is i really like it, only because i really enjoy Extinction.

I've only played PoC and got Top 200 on 360 LB and

i have yet to touch the other maps but you bet im gonna try.

I like it when I need a distraction! It can be pretty fun at times, but also kind of too hectic at others. I also dislike that the mode gives you very little XP, despite how many Cryptids you kill. Either way, it's fun and and a fresh take on the mode. 

Also, @way2g00d we should really play some time. We haven't in what feels like forever.

I just find it super duper tricky. It is just like the mode suggests, Chaos! Im trying to think of ammo, gun, reloading, killing, the bar. Holy crap it's mental!

Hahahaha yup exactly.

Point Of Contact is the best to learn on but NF & MD are fun if you're good at keeping your combo going.