Maxis' Master Plan - The Truth Behind Our "Friendly AI"

Good day to you all.

My name is Naitrax, and I've come here today to tell you the dark truth behind one of Zombies' most shadowy and secretive characters, Ludvig Maxis.

I'm just going to flat out say what this theory contains so you can decide whether to stick around or not.

TranZit took place very soon after Moon.

Maxis is the being "far more terrible" than Richtofen

Now, I know you're all thinking to yourselves "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!"

"But Nai, Maxis says in TranZit that he's been searching for decades for someone to help him." is probably what someone is thinking now. If not, now you are. Well, this is true. But how, you ask?

What I am here to explain is that Maxis was searching for survivors decades before Richtofen gained control.

Why that quote above contradicts is because of this quote right here, said when you first enter a TranZit game and collect a power up as Samuel (and I mean the very first time. This is a one time quote.)

"*Coughing* Excuse me, just getting used to the Aether. Wreaks havok on the pipes. Ah, right."

Notice how Richtofen says that he is just getting used to the Aether? You don't just get used to something if you've been doing it for decades, do you?

This is the reason I believe that Maxis programmed the Moon Nukes to hit the earth. He knew that he would have to power the spires in order for them to work as a catalyst to amplify his power.

This leads me to my next idea.

Maxis can't be an AI trapped on the Moon, but still somehow have the power to communicate via every electronic in the world, right? Correct.

If I can make you remember the radio on Moon where someone apparently shoots Maxis?
(Huge thanks to Black Hand Smith and DBZ for planting this seed in my mind) What if Maxis shot himself?

What this would allow the possibility for is a chance for Maxis to be absorbed into the MPD. After that, a hissing sound is heard. I believe this to be the sound of Maxis' soul being absorbed into the MPD, and then Samantha laughing because she has absorbed her father into safety?

I know this is a bit far-fetched, and it probably doesn't make sense because I'm tired but I felt like writing something so I wrote this.

Congrats if you made it this far.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxis has been searching for decades. However the spires had to be within the time pockets in order for them to work correctly. That's why I believe maxis launched the missiles at earth. He knew that if he got samantha out of the pyramid richtofen would most likely have them both killed anyways. So he shot himself and told samantha to kill all the 935 members. That way they wouldn't be able to remove him from the necessary computers for the missiles.

This would have never been accomplished if it weren't for Maxis. Richtofen did not discover a pyramid on the moon. What he discovered was a tiny time pocket and within this tiny time pocket there was a pyramid with maxis still inside. However the maxis from where the time pocket came from has been driven to insanity and evil in his eternal search for his daughter. When richtofen touched the pyramid he started hearing future maxis's voice and with the help of the voices Richtofen built griffon station using maxis's instructions. This whole time Richtofen has just been a pawn for future Maxis's plan. Even the Maxis that guides you in black ops 2 has become a pawn.

Maxis cares not for anyone except his daughter and he is willing to destroy his own body and purge the world if it means being able to be at samantha's side again.

Maxis almost got the tranzit Spire operational at least once. He had a group of 4 lwho got so close however richtofen ruined this plan. He convinced one of the members to kill the other 3. This same man then began the flesh society some time after richtofen abandoned him.

Time fliw differently within the time pockets an what is 1 day for richtofen can be 30 years for Maxis. This might explain why tranzit takes place in the 60's and Die rise takes place in the 90's

That's PERFECT!

This is the PLAN that Samantha mentions her father has in the ending cutscene.

Think of Moon as the transitional game where Eddy and Samantha switch "control". We already know Nuketown is happening simultaneously and from evidence of how the N4 met in the Buried intro combined with the presence of Marlton in the NT bunker, I think TranZit definitely happened during the timeframe you mention. The quote of Richtofen is a perfect marker as well. 

This kind of makes me rethink the ending cutscene more. It could've been meant as a metaphor to what was happening. Samantha and Maxis are making Eddy(RIchtofen) feel like a partner, and empowering him via MPD, but are conspiring together behind him an elaborate plan and regardless of how he struggles, his resistance only helps the plan succeed.

I'll have to give it more thought now, but I think you've definitely nailed down a timeline.

Nice post. I completely agree about Tranzit occurring right after Moon. Always thought so but didn't really think to use Richtofen's quote to prove it. The quote about searching for decades could easily mean the decades before the Moon rockets. Maxis is shot in the 40s. I think he was shot by one of the two other scientists with him, possibly grabbing their hand while the gun was pointed at his head or just knowing he would be shot once he told Samantha to kill them, but in any case, he knew he was dead once he said that line. So from the 40s on, wherever he went he had plenty of time to escape from that place, kind of like how the Weasel escapes the purgatory he is in. Al was killed in 1933, then stuck in the hell that is MotD, and sometime after 1942 he escapes. So Maxis, being smarter and familiar with some of these details, could have easily done the same thing, escaping back to the Earth and Moon where he has some control over electronic devices.

I think after he was killed and found a way back, he was somehow behind the Ascension project. And he was the one who had the rockets sent up to the Moon base. Same rockets from the Ascension loading screen. If the secret groups like Majestic 12 or the Illuminati were contacted by Maxis, a highly regarded scientist that did a lot for Group 935, they might have been willing to work with him, thinking they were furthering their own agenda. But his laugh after he blows up the Earth indicates, to me, that he was planning that the whole time. So we know the guy lied to the old group and he also lies to the new group. Destroying the Earth, activating the towers, and opening the Rift were all something he had been planning since he was freed from his afterlife. So he could have been planning it for decades.

And lastly, if any of this is true, I would say Origins was his Alcatraz. He relived a big moment in his life, which was discovering 115, and the moment always ends with Richtofen killing him, just like how Richtofen was behind killing him in real life. And he never reached Argatha, but he was able to escape his hell like Al, with the help of Samantha from the MPD. His radio messages on Origins are like Al's journal messages in MotD. He's piecing it all together. Thats why on Origins, Sam keeps telling us we are getting so close and we got farther then her dad did. He didn't reach Argatha but he got out. Then somehow the old 4 end up getting stuck in Maxis' hell till they reach Argatha.

Love it Nait!

I have always been a firm believer that Maxis did indeed kill HIMSELF on Griffin Station. The reason why is down to what he said in the radio message. He knew that he and Samantha would be killed by Richtofen (or his group) if he coaxed her out of the MPD, so he accepted his fate (with a plan on the side) and told Samantha...

"I need you do do something for me... Kill them all!"

He knew his own fate along with that of his daughters was sealed, so he concocted a plan to prevent Richtofen from having control over the Earth. At the time we assumed this plan was simply to take away Edwards plaything, but BO2 revealed that his plan was actually to try and gain access to Agartha where he could be reunited with Samantha.

My only issue with this direction was that Edward was now in the MPD, so why was Maxis trying to get to Agartha to free Samantha when she is actually still alive and well (technically) on Griffin Station. At what point in the story did she go to Agartha!?

That aside, I always assumed Tranzit took place very soon after the events of Moon. Maybe not directly afterwards, but I would say months rather than years.

Brains awarded!