Chatroom

• Tech Admin

We have switched the chatroom service on, it has been tested and skinned accordingly to match CoDz. We are aware of the fact a chatroom once existed and impacted on the forum use. So remember, this is an open trial to all members for a period of 7 days and we will be monitoring the use of the forum and chat service.

We have a log of all chats that occur, so remember, we know if you are not adhering to the rules - we also reserve the right to remove it at any given time.

Have fun.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh another chat room?

First, a lot of people just use Skype anyways. Second, with an off season, I can guarentee you the Chat room will eventually see more traffic than the actual forums do. It's really just not a good idea, honestly. If you could set it up to have specific chat rooms for finding teammates or assistance/questions that would be one thing for a more immediate response, but other than that I don't see the need at all.

• Administrators

Ugh another chat room?

2509104-7661869788-buzz_.jpg

Now we don't have to use skype. We already chat, now we'll just do it somewhere else and as he said this is a trial and will most likely be subscription based. I'm not understanding why this is an issue.

Now we don't have to use skype. We already chat, now we'll just do it somewhere else and as he said this is a trial and will most likely be subscription based. I'm not understanding why this is an issue.

I agree Boom. I don't use Skype too often (which is why I was not overly present in the beta group chat :P), and would prefer to just use the chat on the site. If a person I am specifically looking for is not in chat, then fair enough I can tweet or skype them, but I am all for the chat being an option. I use several other sites with chat rooms and they all still get enough posts made to warrant keeping it. There is somethings that you simply cannot post in chats, like epic threads based on new found ideas or conclusions.

I am all for keeping it!

People called me a mad man and threw stones at me when I requested and supported this feature. Now I see nothing but praises except for Undead but he doesn't count.

I gave no opinion to this request… I would have gladly supported this if I had known it had existed.  ;)

I like the new chat thing, I think it will be useful for direct conversation!