Perk importance (in order)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double-Tap: Opinions on this perk vary depending on who you ask, but my opinion: Just avoid it if possible. Honestly to me it just seems very counter-productive. All it does is increase your bullet output to make just about every weapon in your hand a Minigun. In short, unless you've got a robotically programmed trigger finger, you're going to be wasting a LOT of ammunition; It's going to end up costing WAY more than it's worth when it comes to the purchase of munitions. [Footnote]: The new fixed version of double tap increases both your weapons damage output and rate of fire, giving you a give or take option. If you want the extra power, and can deal with the cost of more frequently buying ammunition, then go for it, but preferably after you've acquired juggernog and Speed-Cola.

Double Tap 2.0 fires two rounds for every one you shoot, so it effectively doubles the amount of ammo you have, and reduces cost. Your argument stands for the original version though. I feel as long as your aim is good, it's not a problem. I usually have one wall weapon, and if it's not pack-a-punched, the cost of buying ammo is more than made up for in the points it's getting you. PAP, then yeah, you're not recouping. 

• 2 weeks later...