Site restored, new forum!

Strwrsbob

Hello everyone,

First I'd like to sincerely apologize for the extended downtime that CoDz has had for the past few days. This is largely due to some issues my fellow administrator Lissa110 has had. Without expanding too much, I completely understand her situation and I'll always ensure she is in a good place before worrying about the status of this site.

That said, it's now extremely evident to me that steps must be taken to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen again. I'm currently discussing options with Lissa and several other staff members, and look forward to resolving this issue and moving into the future with everyone still being a part of this site.

As I'm sure you all know, Call of Duty: Ghosts released on Nov. 5th on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It will also be coming to next-gen consoles on their respective release dates. One of the new modes included in the game is "Extinction", an objective based gamemode where you and up to 3 friends fight off aliens to survive. This mode was worked on by Jesse Snyder, who some of you may remember being the "Father of Zombies" at Treyarch, creating the original mode that released on Call of Duty: World at War.

There is now a Forum for dicussion about Extinction. I encourage you all to head over there and start posting any finds you make!

On another note, Carbonfibah, the founder of this site, has reached the end of his assignment at Treyarch for Black Ops II. All of us here at CoDz wish him continued luck in his career, who knows what the future could hold!

I look forward to moving CoDz forward and exploring Extinction with you all!

Regards,

Strwrsbob

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, we're back. I'm glad to see everything has worked out for the most part. It's gonna be exciting to get back into the groove of things. I've unfortunately probably won't be picking up Ghosts at the moment, but I'll swing by the Extinction section to see how things are going.

Congrats to Carbon for having the opportunity to even be on the Treyarch team. Thinking about it, even having a temp job there is a HUGE accomplishment that I can only dream of. I heard he's looking into a job for the new TeenTitan Fall game but anything's possible. Good luck to you, creator!

((Off Topic: My posts seem to be getting shorter this go round. I hope this is just a phase...))

Ah, glad to be back ! :)

Life always presents us with unannounced twists and turns that can hit us at the worst of times. We cannot foresee them, only act appropriately to them after they've occured.

I hope everything is going well with Lissa, and I trust you'll do the things necessary to ensure these downtimes won't become regular.

• Administrators

Thanks for the communication! CoDZ is part of my daily (or even hourly) routine; time without it is like a part of me is missing :mrgreen: . It sounds like you are taking some precautionary measures for future site issues, and that is good to hear. Glad to be back!

• Tech Admin

Glad the sites back on and I hope Lissa110 is ok, I know how personal issues can be. I'm also sure Carbonfibah will find another job, he done an excellent shift on the 25hr charity zombie match and I was happy to watch and donate.

I know that personal life comes before a forum and that's understandble, however, I would say that my offer of assistance still exists if required, if not then that's ok. I'm happy to speak with the relevant person, as I know you don't really know me from Adam. I can assure you though, no sinister intentions exist only a genuine offer of help.

However, you still have errors within the forum, a users time zone still cannot be changed.

May I suggest the following, login to your control panel (probably cpanel) open up php myadmin and go to the table phpbb_users, browse this table and look for user_hide_reputation - if it exists then another issue occurs. However, the above error inidcates this column doesn't exist.

Enter the following sql query

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_hide_reputation` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

This should then resolve the problem of not being able to change the time zone. I'm not saying it is gaurenteed to work, so back up before hand. However, if everything is OK and no other issues exist with the MOD or other MODS then it should work.

May I also suggest changing colours for hover over topic titles/links. It's currently a dark grey on a black background. Fairly difficult to see, you may need to edit the css file for the skin being used.

See pictures

• 1 month later...