Introducing Chopper

Chopper

Hey guys, ques que up?

I've been on this site for over 2 years now, and I don't have an introduction.

What's ironic is that I reckon everything I write below, could be found somewhere else on the site, almost word for word!

So, my name is Ben, but most people refer to me as Chopper, including most of my family, and a few friends.

If I know someone well, I don't mind being called Ben. If not, I prefer Chopper :)

I got into zombies just after BO1 was released. At the time I was living in Australia, and one day a friend invited me over to play his new game. We spent 15 minutes in MP, then he mentioned a zombie mode. Been hooked since, I actually bought my first PS3 the day after we played for the first time.

I've played it ever since, I love the strategy aspect behind the game and discussing it with others.

In my real life I work as a Director at our family business, which sells aluminium scaffolding alongside my Father and my Brother.

I also have an import business based in Brussels, where my partner and I import various items from Cambodia.

I split my time between the countries, generally around a week here, a week there, although it can extend to 2 weeks on either side.

My family are my life. I have 2 little boys, one 11 months and the other 3 1/2 years. They come above absolutely everything I do. I'm lucky in a way that my lifestyle does permit me to spend some serious time playing zombies, which is about the only upside to spending a week at a time away from my family.

I grew up playing lots of sports, and I still play Golf.

I also trained fairly heavily in kickboxing and ju-jitsu when I was younger, but haven't done either for a few years now.

I love reading when I'm not playing. I read mainly fantasy, with some espionage thrown in.

Recently I've been getting into darker fantasy, and my favourite series is now from this genre......The First Law trilogy, by Joe Abercrombie. I went straight from that to what I'm reading now, The Broken Empire Series by Mark Lawrence. I just finished the first book, Prince of Thorns and it completely blew me away.

A few pics -

This picture was taken the day of my oldest sons Brit Milah. My fiancees Mum kept on and on and on at me to not cut my hair too short. This was the result. My fiancee found it very amusing luckily.

That's it for me guys. Don't believe it took me so long to get one done, but finally I did it!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family are my life. I have 2 little boys, one 11 months and the other 3 1/2 years. They come above absolutely everything I do. I'm lucky in a way that my lifestyle does permit me to spend some serious time playing zombies, which is about the only upside to spending a week at a time away from my family.

I absolutely can't wait till I have kids. I mean... I CAN but the idea of them growing up and raising them and watching all the little simple things of them taking after their parents and enjoying the same things you do. Heh, and I guess speaking of which I even mentioned to my girlfriend that I imagine being that kind of dad in this day in age instead of being like "You played a hell of a basketball game, son. Good job! *pats back*"

I'd be more like:

"Honey, your son just got a 10 killstreak! I'm so proud. :,)"

• 4 weeks later...

That was one hell of an intro there Chopper.

Your comments about your kids reflected a lot & I can relate directly.

My 5 month old is learning something everyday & they really do make you laugh & smile when they laugh & smile at you all the time.

Great introduction mate & thank you.

Take care & Enjoy your Slay!

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys.  It's really nice to realise that there are far more 'family' guys and girls out there than would be expected in the gaming community.

Maybe that's why CODZ is like a family more than anywhere else I've frequented on the web....the variety of users.