What exactly is "g_spawn".

I've seen it thrown around youtube videos, live streams of zombies, on this forum and had it happen to me once on Die Rise.

But what exactly is it? I know it ends your game and it says something about entities or entries wasn't paying attention when it happened to me.

So what exactly is it and what causes it if we know?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

g_spawn error is a combination of all of these.

It occurs when there are too many interactive objects, or entities, on the map at once. This can include zombies, weapons, claymores, drops, bulidables, and anyother interactive items.

It can occur from placing too many claymores, or simply though glitchy zombie spawns, in which too many zombies spawn into the map. This is when you see very high rounds glitch out.

So basically what Tom said, just a bit expanded.

It cannot be a memory overload. I got this error (also the fake entity error) on PC the old days and how would you overload 16 GB of memory + pagefile. It must be based on the coding. Like there is an array of 128 length or something, or 1024, whatever number, but once exceeded the game crashes.

I think it's just too many things happening at one time. You are basically guaranteed to get it on Shangri La eventually. The Baby Gun is just so complex, and so the game gets strained, and eventually it just can't take it anymore.

Semtex is also complex, and that has been known to cause it. Stacking claymores, shooting Ballistic Knives, and firing other stressful Wonder Weapons (Sliquifier mainly) have been known to induce G Spawn.

My theory is that it's just when the game is pushed to its limit—not memory, but more like its elasticity when presented unforeseen situations—and it gives up. Enter G Spawn.