Hell's Retriever and Hell's Redeemer

WARNING: I am looking far too into this!

So we have the Hell's Retriever and the Hell's Redeemer. No big deal, right?....right?

"Wrong!" I say. What is the deal with these names. They're very unrelated to a tomahawk. So I was thinking about it, and something popped into my mind that I know is probably looking far too into things, but what else is this forum for! :D

As many know, I have claimed that Maxis the more evil of the two voices in Black Ops 2. I believe this may be hinted at with this tomahawk. I'm on my phone, so no pictures, but most have played it so you know what they look like.

Well, Hell's Retriever is an orange color. Orange is Maxis' color throughout Black Ops 2. Retriever means to retrieve or to bring back. So Hell's Retriever is kind of like a dog that fetches souls for Satan. So what if Maxis is Hell's Retriever? What if he is with Satan trying to send all souls on the earth to Hell? "You mean to destroy this planet and kill us all! So yea...keep talking. But no one's gonna hear you cuz we destroyed everything...everything electronic starting with that evil, radio box thing!" Sounds like he's yelling at Maxis.

Now Hell's Redeemer is blue. Blue has signified Richtofen in Black Ops 2. A redeemer is someone who gives another chance or brings one back. Salvation in a sense. Could Richtofen be salvation, a redeemer even, to earth. Could Richtofen bring salvation to the earth with his plan?

Discuss please I'd love to hear your thoughts on how I'm reading way too into the color and names of the tomahawk! ;)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised I haven't made the connection of orange to maxis and the blue of the redeemer to richtofen. Im also surprised that no one before you has either. Good find.

Yeah, me too!?

Fated... Great spot mate. I actually think you are right about your thoughts on Maxis and Richtofen.

I have ALWAYS thought Maxis was the evil one in all this. Richtofen is power mad, that is all. He has always wanted to rule all, and what would be the point in him destroying the world, and thus having nothing to rule over. NO!

He is trying to repair the rifts in time and space, and heal the planet, so he can rule it with an iron fist. Maxis I believe wants to destroy us now. The messages on the TV in Green Run said that those who chose not to follow a side were hunted down. If he is trying to save us, then why would he kill those who did not comply with him?

Another good post Titan mate, and one I completey agree with. :)

Very nice thought process, Fated. Here's the pictures you'll need:

The colors are practically identical.

As per Richtofen saving the Earth, I think you're spot on. Remember that quote we have from him at the end of the TranZit Easter Egg?

Ya, ya.. you did it. Soon this beautiful planet will be healed once more and the flesh will cover the Earth. What a glorius day that will be for you. You will be the hero that has saved all of Earth... For me to play with! Hahahaha!

Or, maybe it's all overthought. I like the way this is headed though.

+1

I really don't think so, FatedTitan. Orange and blue are THE most used complementary color schemes in existence. Complementary colors flash and sell well, thus they are used quite often. Orange and blue are the most popular because they give off both "cool" and "hot" sensations.

Here's some examples:

http://i.imgur.com/eTDM4.jpg

The fact that orange versus blue is used both with Maxis and Richtofen as well as Retriever and Redeemer, I think is coincidental, no, probability.

First off I understand what you're trying to suggest, however that would mean that there is a "real world" version of the events happening in Hell in which Maxis/Richtofen are physical manifestations of the entities that manifest as the tomahawk in Alcatraz?

Very interesting, but sort of redundant, especially since Maxis could be assumed "dead", but Richtofen's body is still alive, and his soul is in Samantha's cryogenic body?

I believe the way the events are happening Maxis or Richtofen would be able to die and pick up the hells retriever, and get attacked by Zombies (separate of the Zombies Richtofen controls) and pick up the hells retriever

Also why don't you just say it's Red Vs. Blue from Halo? Or the dueling dragons ride (they removed) at Orlando studios? It's just 2 different colors they like, I don't think much more on this map.