What makes COD zombies special?

So many of us have been playing Zombies (can't call it "nazi" anymore :D ) since World at War, others since BO 1. But everyone from BO 1 and back has kept up with zombies, continually buying dlc after dlc. So my question is: Why? Why COD zombies? What is the difference between a regular zombie game and COD zombies?

For me, it is the hidden storyline theorizing and wonder weapons. I love that, as a community, we find these awesome theories to suit the facts we are given. Treyarch knows this and has played off it a long time. I really dont think that this was intended to go this far. But due to community effort and love, this game was given a storyline. Also, we find the story through oberservation, NOT actual gameplay...beside the sidequests / easter egg.

Wonder weapons for me are VERY exciting. They make each map unique. I peronally love wonder weapons. I dont whore the box for them when i play multiplayer, but i do get a little pain when i see someone else get it :cry: . But still, for me, they truly make COD zombies stand out from other games.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing since world at war ( I was only 10 :) ) and I think it's the uniqueness that each game brings. This is done by features like the mystery box , "Boss" rounds and even the zombies themselves.

Each game is different and this is why people play zombies. Also it's the new features that Treyarch just keep adding and adding. Zombies itself is also a merge of Horror, Sci- Fi and Thriller so it attracts a huge target audience. It feeds the masses . And finally it's a great stress reliever. Who doesn't love to shoot dome of the maggot men's heads off

I personally don't like Horror Games,but I love zombies in anyway.And COD Zombies mixes Horror with Action greatly.This because I'm ain't talking about its fantastic story and the changes they make every game.

The little easter eggs,conversations and characters are cool too.

For me the thing that brings me back is the mystery, back in shi no numa in W@W I didn't even own a games console of any kind but would play zombies at one of my friends house and I loved reading the hidden notes and listening to the radios so I could try to piece the story together.

Unfortunately I am finding much of that mystery missing from BO2, there is not enough small EE and too much focus on the main side quest. That is up until MOTD which I personally though was a big step in the right direction in many ways for zombies

Firstly, because it is hilariously fun! Zombies is one of my favourite computer game components... Ever...

Secondly, the community. The Zombies community is one of the best there is; and CoDz is truly a key part of that. We can all be proud of everything we have achieved here.

-Jolteon

Oh goodness, where to begin?

Personally, I love the atmosphere of the maps. Firstly, it's survival, so you know you won't live through to the end. It's exciting to see how far you'll get with your bros, or your randoms. Secondly, the looks of the maps really add to it. Sure, it could be set in a city like every other zombie game, but not with CoD Zombies. We go to so many awe-some places, like a German weapons factory, a jungle paradise, and even the moon!

I also love the mechanics of the game. Earning points and them using them to buy weapons, upgrades, new locations...it's just something I love, and I wish more games incorporated a system like this.

Oh goodness, where to begin?

Personally, I love the atmosphere of the maps. Firstly, it's survival, so you know you won't live through to the end. It's exciting to see how far you'll get with your bros, or your randoms. Secondly, the looks of the maps really add to it. Sure, it could be set in a city like every other zombie game, but not with CoD Zombies. We go to so many awe-some places, like a German weapons factory, a jungle paradise, and even the moon!

I also love the mechanics of the game. Earning points and them using them to buy weapons, upgrades, new locations...it's just something I love, and I wish more games incorporated a system like this.

I agree. I like working together with other people, despite our differences, we defy the hordes to our inevitable downfall. I also like the Easter Eggs and I believe how you play the game defines who you are in life. I don't know...

It's not just a zombie game. It has history and science fiction in it. You don't just kill zombies. You kill zombies as JFK with a Ray Gun.

Also, the game is endless. You can never beat it. Therefore, there's always reason to still play.

I love the way you put that MMX you always have a great comment! This game is so intresting and well put together. The many refferences to certain events in history are amazing. The fact that I can look at a sign in zombies type it in on google and find millions of facts pointing to the era we are playing in makes it a very entertaining game. For that raise my thumbs to Treyarch.

• Moderators

It's not just a zombie game. It has history and science fiction in it. You don't just kill zombies. You kill zombies as JFK with a Ray Gun.

Also, the game is endless. You can never beat it. Therefore, there's always reason to still play.

I love the way you put that MMX you always have a great comment! This game is so intresting and well put together. The many refferences to certain events in history are amazing. The fact that I can look at a sign in zombies type it in on google and find millions of facts pointing to the era we are playing in makes it a very entertaining game. For that raise my thumbs to Treyarch.

I agree with these two guys.