Jump to content

Crawlers, walkers, runners, oh my.


Recommended Posts

So recently I've been playing Die Rise, and its been a piece of cake once you get what you need. However, around rounds 25+ (solo) I have trouble keeping a zombie or two to replenish ammo, pap, new trample steams, or perks. I've tried a crawler (does immediately after leaving the vicinity). I've tried one runner (End up killing him because I get cornered in the tight corridors). And I've tried 2-4 walkers (Which works, but on round 25+ they die. I don't know how, but as soon as I leave the Buddha room, a random explosion happens and the round ends.) Its strange because I've always seen walkers die, only to respawn elsewhere. Does anyone have a strategy to keep a guy or two? Or will I have to stick with the runner and hope for the best?

Link to post

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately It seems that treyarch have put in a failsafe program where if the zombie is left alone than he dies and the new round starts . This is not only because of people leaving crawlers, walkers and such to go get max ammo, but also for scenarios like this :

    [*:2lrp2asz]The player goes to the Buddha room near the end of the round[*:2lrp2asz]Zombies spawn in Buddha room[*:2lrp2asz]Player leaves the Buddha room[*:2lrp2asz]Player goes to roof via elevator [*:2lrp2asz]Zombies walk around frustrated because they cannot get to the player

You see what I mean. Although this can be annoying for ammo runs it is necessary. I always play on co-op so it's not a problem to me. My only advice would be to either go at the end of a round where there's less zombies. Have a walker and walk it wherever you want to go ( this would be very slow ), or keep a runner with you. Good luck :D

Link to post

What in the world are you guys going on about?

I always leave a sprinter at the end of the round when I need to do stuff. (The trick is not to stand in corners... so you don't die.) About 2% of the time they die early. It's not that big a deal. The other 98% everything is fine. We get whatever we want and begin when we're ready.

Link to post

What in the world are you guys going on about?

I always leave a sprinter at the end of the round when I need to do stuff. (The trick is not to stand in corners... so you don't die.) About 2% of the time they die early. It's not that big a deal. The other 98% everything is fine. We get whatever we want and begin when we're ready.

I totally agree, I don't have any trouble with this either. In fact normally I just go middle of a round . It's quite difficult to die unless you get stuck somewhere waiting for elevators or double back on yourself. It really depends on where your getting ammo from. I always use the AN so I just pop down to the Buddha room and get it. Then wait in the power room for the elevator.

Link to post

To my knowledge, a zombie cannot die while inside a window if you leave that area. I've had one beside quick revive and made it to the power almost before he bleeds out, and that is even taking the time to get a key.

If you don't have one in a window, just keep a runner or two and take them with you :) you'll know you are too far from them if you see them and they're eyes aren't lit up, this applies for crawlers too, you have plenty enough time to get closer to them.

Link to post

Here's a simple rule to follow with the new spawn/crawler system:

Save a zombie that you KNOW has not been injured in any way by a player (knifed, shot, grenade-ed), these guys will respawn near you when you get too far away.

If a zombie has already taken too much damage (a good indicator- if they are missing an arm, or a head lol) then DON'T make it a crawler, it will most likely die, or just take more damage.

Also, if there is any injured zombie or crawler, and you need to save him because he is the last one, keep them close.

Link to post

Also, if you have a crawler with both legs clean off (Aryan crawlers my friends and I call them :lol: ), they will always be slow (ideal for black ops but not black ops 2).

If you have a crawler with its legs sort of dangling behind him, then he will alternate between slow and fast speeds. If he is too slow, let him hit you just once, and he should speed up.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .