New maps discussion

bobane

Hey guys what do you expect will be your favorite map in the 4 and what do you hope will be in there

Personally I expect magma to be my favorite map but it's going to be cool to play in firing range again.

And another thing, in revolution, all the multiplayer maps are divided in 3 sections, i Hope they have a different layout for these

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to say that Studio will be my favourite, purely because it's basically Firing Range 2.0. However, in terms of the other maps, I think Vertigo will be my second favourite. I love the idea of fighting on top of high places.

Really, the maps in Uprising look so much better than the ones in Revolution. The only one that stood out to me and I liked was Mirage.

The only molten rock coming out of the volcano is lava. If there is any magma, it is literally invisible to the player, developer, and community.

Lol Lenne. Don't expect it to happen again for quite a while. There's only a handful of Multiplayer maps which even have my most remote interest. Magma looks relatively acceptable.

in the end, I believe it was just that "magma" had more zing to it than a map named "lava".

other possible map names:

eruption

volcano

*actual volcano name* (for example, there is a volcano in costa rica named "ARENAL")

It seems in japan so it would have a weird ass name xd

And yeah magma does sound better than lava.. Sounds more scientific too

Studio is amazing. Bringing back probably the best map layout Treyarch has ever made was a good idea.

Encore is okay but I feel it played pretty shitty in the games I've had with it.

Vertigo in my first playthrough thought it had too many corners and headglitches, is actually pretty good now that I played it a few times. It plays well in DOM as well.

Magma, okay but dislike the layout so far. Map feels slightly disconnected. Dislike B dom placement. Really the actual places that lava can kill you are few and far between.

Still need more time with them to get full opinions. MOTD is taking up a lot of time :) .

All three new maps have a more circular layout and I think it's great because ass the other maps are three lanes with random objects laying around.

They even added height levels in Vertigo which I think is great.

And IMO all 4 maps need their own layouts, I really like a smg In vertigo and encore but a shotgun and sniper setup or scar+b23 works very well in Magma. I think you really need a short range and a long range weapon as well in the last one.

And in studio I have dexterity so I just run for the tower :)