Drops, The Aether And You

So I got what gave me the idea for this was everybody questioning why 3 of the N4 can only her Richtofen during drop announcements, while Stu can hear him all the time. Whilst many people have theorised on Stu's link, I want to focus on the drops. We know that drops are given by whomever is in the MPD, what are the drops? I recall reading somewhere that extreme amounts of energy can actually CREATE matter. I believe that a drop is actually focused energy that provides a direct link to the aether, which explains why anybody can hear Richtofen when one is picked up. The MPD User focuses his/her energies to determine which form a drop takes. This can be used in different ways. Max ammo uses the aforementioned matter creation. Instakill is the drop's energy manifesting within the player. Double points is the energy charge being redistributed.

Grief and Turned feature the newest drops, which have most likely been devised by Richtofen. This could possibly point to anything the MPD user wills into existence being real. What implications does this have for the storyline? It could mean, within reason, Richtofen could make ANYTHING. Sorry for the wall of text, but I thought this would be a unique take on an old concept :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Richtofen is being controlled by something far more powerful and evil than him. That's what Sam warned him about.

The voices in the pyramid, possibly Vril-Ya in origin... If Richtofen is being not only influenced by the voices but CONTROLLED, then he'll act as an unknown vessel for whatever desires or whims they have...

Also Richtofen is being controlled by something far more powerful and evil than him. That's what Sam warned him about.

The voices in the pyramid, possibly Vril-Ya in origin... If Richtofen is being not only influenced by the voices but CONTROLLED, then he'll act as an unknown vessel for whatever desires or whims they have...

Lucifer

Lucifer

Seems Legit :P

I was playin Nacht on BO1 as Richtofen and when I picked up an insta-kill, he said "From the Illuminati" or something similar. clearly indicating that it was the illuminati .

Yeah, Rich's a presumed affilate of the Illuminati. I believe the quoute is: "I have been rewarded by Treyarch! Er, I mean The Illuminati!"

[brains]

I have been discussing the topic of drops with a few respected members of this site and other than the arcade aspect of the game, I don't believe there is any significance. To say that these drops have any implications in the game is similar to implying that the HUD is also part of the story, or Richtofen created our HUD, it just doesn't make sense. There will always be a few aspects of games that don't have an explanation because it is a mechanic that doesn't really require one.

If you recall in the old games we could all hear Samantha...when she wanted us to. I assume this is true for this game as well. I believe Stu hears Richtofen more often, simply because of the 115 radiation he ingested. This makes the connection to Richtofen stronger and makes Stu more susceptible to contact.

Not a perfect theory, but it makes sense in my head.

I have been discussing the topic of drops with a few respected members of this site and other than the arcade aspect of the game, I don't believe there is any significance. To say that these drops have any implications in the game is similar to implying that the HUD is also part of the story, or Richtofen created our HUD, it just doesn't make sense. There will always be a few aspects of games that don't have an explanation because it is a mechanic that doesn't really require one.

If you recall in the old games we could all hear Samantha...when she wanted us to. I assume this is true for this game as well. I believe Stu hears Richtofen more often, simply because of the 115 radiation he ingested. This makes the connection to Richtofen stronger and makes Stu more susceptible to contact.

Each their own. Drops probably did start off as that, I'm just trying to cover the storyline implication.s if it's not

Each their own. Drops probably did start off as that, I'm just trying to cover the storyline implication.s if it's not

yes, yes. And your doin great. I'll be checkin back to see what you guys come up with. Like I said, I tried tackling this on my own, and only got thrown down the rabbit hole so to speak. This is definitely one of the topics that is right on the line of story related and game mechanics.

At this point though, how do we even know that it is for sure Richtofen that gives us drops? In the Tranzit EE Quest after we complete Maxis' side we are given a drop each round at the obelisk. This implies that Maxis has the ability to give us drops as well. Otherwise, why would Richtofen be rewarding us for disobeying him. Perhaps they are both in a position of power where they control zombies. This would explain why we are getting attacked no matter what we do, even if we are helping Richtofen.

I am by no means against this theory, I just have found my efforts futile in figuring it all out.

Hmmm... Didnt think about Maxis. I'm assuming that in the way we kill a zombies provides a drop, that gives the "Kick" that produces the drop. An electrical discharge such as those from the spire would act in the same way. Residual 115 provides the form, and perhaps the aetherial link is provided just by richtofen's presence.

• Administrators

This is a tough one to explain. One could say that it's a mechanic and shouldn't be taken too seriously, another could counter by saying that it is indeed a link between mortal grounds and the power attained as a zombie overlord via energy transfer. Note the word transfer, because matter cannot be created nor destroyed. What this energy is exactly, is unknown. We've learned that the drops can be obtained spontaneously (shed in Nuketown/underneath pylon in Tranzit), or by random choice from a zombie. The drops are not sitting in someone's pocket the whole time, but actually given as a "present".

This is amusement for Richtofen (or Samantha prior to the switch) in which power drops are delivered to the survivors to not necessarily help them survive, but to torment them by giving opportune moments of survival longevity. The survivors are being toyed with while they attempt to carry out either Maxis' or Richtofen's plans in the storyline. While it's a neverending curse to them, it also acts as a benefit to both them and us as players.

This is a tough one to explain. One could say that it's a mechanic and shouldn't be taken too seriously, another could counter by saying that it is indeed a link between mortal grounds and the power attained as a zombie overlord via energy transfer. Note the word transfer, because matter cannot be created nor destroyed. What this energy is exactly, is unknown. We've learned that the drops can be obtained spontaneously (shed in Nuketown/underneath pylon in Tranzit), or by random choice from a zombie. The drops are not sitting in someone's pocket the whole time, but actually given as a "present".

This is amusement for Richtofen (or Samantha prior to the switch) in which power drops are delivered to the survivors to not necessarily help them survive, but to torment them by giving opportune moments of survival longevity. The survivors are being toyed with while they attempt to carry out either Maxis' or Richtofen's plans in the storyline. While it's a neverending curse to them, it also acts as a benefit to both them and us as players.

I just want to point out that Aether is another dimension. Our universe is said to have always had the same energy and matter throughout its life. It just transforms form one state to another. However, if there are multiple dimensions, which Zombies has shown us there are, than that means that the universe's amount of energy and matter are NOT constant, because while they are not created nor destroyed, they are transferred in and out of our universe entirely. Thus one could say they originate from matter/energy in the other dimension rather than our own.

• Administrators

There is still a connection between the Aether and our dimension. The MPD is a prime example if such a connection. Even if one dimension's laws of physics are different from another dimension's, you still have to abide by their laws. In the Aether, matter can be generated in any shape and forum, yes. But once this links to our dimension on Earth, the energy form still needs to be transferred. I didn't state that power drops can't be from the Aether; I said that matter cannot be sporadically created on Earth a.l.a. our dimension. You and I agree that there is a link between the two dimensions in order to allow such a transfer of matter.

But thank you for supplying additional information to further that point. It explains a lot how the drops could be formed and transport to us. :)

There is still a connection between the Aether and our dimension. The MPD is a prime example if such a connection. Even if one dimension's laws of physics are different from another dimension's, you still have to abide by their laws. In the Aether, matter can be generated in any shape and forum, yes. But once this links to our dimension on Earth, the energy form still needs to be transferred. I didn't state that power drops can't be from the Aether; I said that matter cannot be sporadically created on Earth a.l.a. our dimension. You and I agree that there is a link between the two dimensions in order to allow such a transfer of matter.

But thank you for supplying additional information to further that point. It explains a lot how the drops could be formed and transport to us. :)

Not sure if I said it clearly, but yes, the forms of drops are created in Aether. 115 is what actually gives it substance within our reality. This explains how a drop can not only come from zombies but be in fixed locations. (Also, it's an honour to have you grace my thread, lithium :D)