Deranking Question

blackfire561

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure. I know that the first time I got my knife it took a lot of downs before I lost it. So many that I was starting to think you couldn't get deranked at all.

I read somewhere online that you needed at least a 200 kills/downs ratio for shotguns, but my ratio was around 310 at one point and I still never got them.

The honest answer is nobody but Treyarch knows for sure, and they're not talking. A lot of people throw around numbers and they may be correct to an extent... but there are too many unknown variables to give a solid "how to rank up" guide.

I know for a fact you lose rank off of consecutive days you haven't played. Jimmy hinted a while ago that you need to be "committed" to achieve high rank.

Last week, I played Sunday with the Skull w/ blue eyes. On Thursday, when I went to play again, I only had two slashes, which I assumed meant I lost a slash per day I didn't play.

Ok so just to clarify my question is, I am at 60,000 kills and 41 downs. If I get up to 100 downs and 70,000 kills will I get deranked. Like if my downs start pileing up does that count at all towards getting deranked, or does it just matter on how porley you do in game. I hope I was clear its a hard question to write.

Ok so just to clarify my question is, I am at 60,000 kills and 41 downs. If I get up to 100 downs and 70,000 kills will I get deranked. Like if my downs start pileing up does that count at all towards getting deranked, or does it just matter on how porley you do in game. I hope I was clear its a hard question to write.

Yes, doing poorly in games will cause you to love your rank. As far as this "fact" about being deranked by not playing... well, I didn't play for over a week and lost nothing but the tallies indicating consecutive days played. It was only after I played for a few days and went down a lot that I got deranked. This is what I'm talking about... everyone stating "facts" when nobody knows for sure how the system works.

I know for a fact you lose rank off of consecutive days you haven't played. Jimmy hinted a while ago that you need to be "committed" to achieve high rank.

Last week, I played Sunday with the Skull w/ blue eyes. On Thursday, when I went to play again, I only had two slashes, which I assumed meant I lost a slash per day I didn't play.

The tallies (or "slashes", as you call them) are not the same as rank. Rank is indicated by the emblem next to your name (bones, skull, skull with knife, skull with shotgun), while the tallies only indicate play frequency, and with 5 tallies your skull will get glowing eyes, showing you play a lot of Zombies (tallies are pretty much the only part of the system the community has been able to figure out with some degree of certainty). The tallies will be lost if you do not play every day, but in my experience rank is not lost unless you play poorly.

Also, Jimmy's tweet about "Commitment" didn't say anything about rank at all. He could have been talking about learning how to bake cookies for all we know. Everything he posts is so completely vague and cryptic there's no way we can say for sure what he was referring to.

You dont need a kd of 200+. I have the shotguns, i got them about 3 days ago with a kd of 172. I have never been deranked even when i was a knife, so im guessing youd have to do very poorly very often to lose them almost as if you went down on purpose. So as long as you watch your back and try to not go down, you should be fine.

Also, I have nearly 200,000 kills and a little over 1,000 downs so it is still possible to get shotguns with quite a few downs as long as you have a bunch of kills too. Unfortunately, when i first started playing i didnt care about going down, i explored the maps and i didnt watch my back at all, so i accumulated downs fairly quick, but i still managed to get those shotguns :D

Now, im gonna still try to get my kd up a bit more but it will take some time with that many downs haha.

Yes, doing poorly in games will cause you to love your rank. As far as this "fact" about being deranked by not playing... well, I didn't play for over a week and lost nothing but the tallies indicating consecutive days played. It was only after I played for a few days and went down a lot that I got deranked. This is what I'm talking about... everyone stating "facts" when nobody knows for sure how the system works.

The tallies (or "slashes", as you call them) are not the same as rank. Rank is indicated by the emblem next to your name (bones, skull, skull with knife, skull with shotgun), while the tallies only indicate play frequency, and with 5 tallies your skull will get glowing eyes, showing you play a lot of Zombies (tallies are pretty much the only part of the system the community has been able to figure out with some degree of certainty). The tallies will be lost if you do not play every day, but in my experience rank is not lost unless you play poorly.

Also, Jimmy's tweet about "Commitment" didn't say anything about rank at all. He could have been talking about learning how to bake cookies for all we know. Everything he posts is so completely vague and cryptic there's no way we can say for sure what he was referring to.

True, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have the blue eyes to rank up from one thing to the next?

holy crap dude, 60,000 kills and not even 100 deaths? I can tell you right now you should be a higher rank than I am, because I have the same amount of kills and around 500 downs and I've had my Knife rank. I did lose it however in a game where everyone quit out on round seven and I committed suicide to end it about a week and a half ago and still havent got it back.

I have a theory though, since I've mainly been playing Die Rise I've been getting persistent jugg a lot to help with the tight spaces, but you lose it everytime you hit wave 15 so I get it multiple times on a daily basis. In order to do it you have to go in a solo game and get yourself downed and revived 3 times which is all fine but most people like myself will just go in and get downed 3 times by a single zombie in round 1 ending it right after receiving the perk, that's a lot of games I've ended with 10 kills and 3 downs so that definitely seems to me that it could be possible you get dereanked both from leaving games and abusing persistent perk strategies, its my understanding that if you split screen to do the quick revive on round 1 or whatever the guest's downs will count on your record too.

I can honestly say from experience that leaving a game (public game) will hurt your rank. When i first earned my shotguns i went and played a game of tranzit with randoms and heard them talking about building the shield and glitching so i left at round 3 with no downs and was deranked from shotguns back to my knife. Also one time in a game of tranzit i had some random tell me he lost his shotguns from not playing zombies for like 3weeks to a month he said he was at shotgun rank and went back to skull rank i cannot comfirm this as it came from a random and i havent went longer than a week without playing. On a side note:You do not need to buy quick revive to earn the juggernog mist as i earned it once on die rise(without quick revive or even trying to get it as i hate it)from just being stupid and staring at the pictures on the walls too long at like round 1-2 and lost it the next game once round 15 started.

Ranking runs of all of your stats.

This stats like kills and Doors Opened and perks drunk need to be balanced. Not high, because I have only got the skull but people with lower kills then me have a knife...

So I think everything needs to be balanced out, and bad stats like downs and hits taken need to be low but balanced.

I know for a fact that it isn't K/D primarily. Yes, this helps but it isnt all about it.

I have some good stats, but have hardly opened any doors... My theory is I need to open more doors and I will rank up.

You know what's so ironic about this ranking & picture icon system? Is that when everyone stops playing for a certain period of time, everyone's going to be reset back to the single bone.

Though I can't confirm this. I'm sure I read that this happened to choppernator from not playing for a couple of weeks.

Ranking runs of all of your stats.

This stats like kills and Doors Opened and perks drunk need to be balanced. Not high, because I have only got the skull but people with lower kills then me have a knife...

So I think everything needs to be balanced out, and bad stats like downs and hits taken need to be low but balanced.

I know for a fact that it isn't K/D primarily. Yes, this helps but it isnt all about it.

I have some good stats, but have hardly opened any doors... My theory is I need to open more doors and I will rank up.

I'm sitting at around 60,000 kills, 500 downs and 300 deaths, over 1000 revives/ doors/ and perks and around 10,000 miles traveled.

I have a question about the miles traveled as well, when I first started playing I just assumed every step you took counted towards it but then a lot of randoms started saying it was the amount you've traveled on the bus but I haven't played Tranzit in weeks and its increased significantly so was my first theory correct about it being steps taken?

All I know is I'm currently at 136,006 kills and 515 downs, but still only have the skull and knife. So yeah... k/d is probably a part of the formula, but I don't think it has as much bearing as a lot of people claim.

As far as needing the blue eyes to rank up... I'm almost positive I didn't have them the last time I re-gained the knife, so I don't think it's a factor.

The thing that sucks is... if someone didn't play for a few weeks and got reset back to the bones, it's tough to even know for sure if they got de-ranked from not playing, or from a glitch in the ranking system. The way things save in Zombies seems to glitch a lot... navcard tables resetting, losing persistent upgrades between games, etc. Really hard to say for sure what the cause is.

I really wish Treyarch would just explain this stuff, because it's pretty meaningless if we don't even know what any of it really represents.

So you have a 6,000:1 kd? I call bullshit bro... Sorry.

So you have a 6,000:1 kd? I call bullshit bro... Sorry.

More like 1500:1 k:d ratio. It's possible to achieve that via normal means but you'd have to have skills comparable to KingJaq or Steve most likely. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy likes to sit in glitches/GK room, lol (no offense but that seems like the best explanation).