vurkut - just a place

shi no numa - place

die rise - the giant

kino der toten - cinema of the dead

ascension - a name

call of dead - name

moon -name

same for great leap forward and green run

but there is a part that i found DIE in german means The Rise but the english is die rise so it could mean to rise as in zombies or to fall as your team :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

By verkut, i assume you meant 'zombie verruckt' (in bo it was just verruckt) verruckt means crazy or insane and there is an umlat over the U.

I thought Die Rise was German for the rise. It is, but after hearing Treyfail discuss it, I see that it is Die Rise in English, a play on high rise (sometimes writ hi rise) which was another term for skyscraper.

It's definitely a play on words in multiple ways.

I agree that "die" can mean "the", paying homage to the storyline that started in Germany with Der Riese.

So with the translation for "Die" we end up with "The Rise", which makes sense because the map takes place in a high-rise building.

Die Rise can also be a play on words for "the dead are rising"

- Mix

This is completely incorrect. How can Der Reise mean "The Giant" if "Die Rise" is The Rise? I never have been one for studying German but anyone can see the difference.

"Der", "Die", and "Das" all mean "The" in German. In German language, "The" has three different gender beings.

Der - Masculine

Die - Feminine

Das - Nuetral

Each word in the German language uses one of the three articles der, die, or das.

Now that you've learned the first thing about German language, you'll see that is completely correct :D

- Mix

This is completely incorrect. How can Der Reise mean "The Giant" if "Die Rise" is The Rise? I never have been one for studying German but anyone can see the difference.

"Der", "Die", and "Das" all mean "The" in German. In German language, "The" has three different gender beings.

Der - Masculine

Die - Feminine

Das - Nuetral

Each word in the German language uses one of the three articles der, die, or das.

Now that you've learned the first thing about German language, you'll see that is completely correct :D

- Mix

I stand corrected. Sorry OP. Thank you Mix. :D There are still some pretty bad errors. Just saying.

The rise in German is der Anstieg

Die rise in English is die rise...

There is no German conection.. Just play on words...

Exactly. Somehow 10 minutes after the map was announced, everyone was claiming "Die Rise is German for The Rise!!!" and it spread like wildfire. But that only makes sense if you're taking the title as being half German and half English, and there's no reason at all to think you would do that, nor is there anything indicating you should do that. Yes, there have been Zombies maps in the past that had German titles. These all took place in Germany. Die Rise takes place in China. Why would anyone think half the title is German? It's English, and a play on the term "High Rise". I'm sure that they were aware that "Die Rise" and "Der Riese" are similar names, but the connections to German end there.

Also, "Shi No Numa" doesn't mean "A place"... it's Japanese (the map takes place in Japan) and translates to "Swamp of Death", if I'm not mistaken.

I think it's safe to say Treyarch decided to abandon the foreign-language map titles with Black Ops (Kino was originally planned as W@W DLC). Ascension takes place in Russia, and Call of the Dead in Siberia (which would have been in Russian), but both had English titles. We won't even get into where Shangri-La takes place...

@ Stop Mocking me0 and Megaton A

I'm just gonna put this here:

http://translate.google.com/#auto/en/die%20rise

You're completely misunderstanding how Google Translate works. Put in "Die Hard" and tell it to translate from German to English and it will say "The Hard". If the word is not German, the translation just keeps that word the same. So no, that does not "prove" that "Die Rise" means "The Rise" in German.

Or, to further illustrate my point;

http://translate.google.com/#de/en/call%20of%20duty

Does that mean "Call of Duty" is a German phrase? I mean, Google Translate just translated it from German to English, so it must be!

http://translate.google.com/#de/en/Die% ... %20zombies

Wow, "Die stupid zombies" is German for "The stupid zombies"!!

Except it isn't at all.

Now, I'm just gonna put this here;

http://translate.google.com/#en/de/The%20rise

By verkut, i assume you meant 'zombie verruckt' (in bo it was just verruckt) verruckt means crazy or insane and there is an umlat over the U.

I thought Die Rise was German for the rise. It is, but after hearing Treyfail discuss it, I see that it is Die Rise in English, a play on high rise (sometimes writ hi rise) which was another term for skyscraper.

thank you sorry for the error

The rise in German is der Anstieg

Die rise in English is die rise...

There is no German conection.. Just play on words...

Exactly. Somehow 10 minutes after the map was announced, everyone was claiming "Die Rise is German for The Rise!!!" and it spread like wildfire. But that only makes sense if you're taking the title as being half German and half English, and there's no reason at all to think you would do that, nor is there anything indicating you should do that. Yes, there have been Zombies maps in the past that had German titles. These all took place in Germany. Die Rise takes place in China. Why would anyone think half the title is German? It's English, and a play on the term "High Rise". I'm sure that they were aware that "Die Rise" and "Der Riese" are similar names, but the connections to German end there.

Also, "Shi No Numa" doesn't mean "A place"... it's Japanese (the map takes place in Japan) and translates to "Swamp of Death", if I'm not mistaken.

I think it's safe to say Treyarch decided to abandon the foreign-language map titles with Black Ops (Kino was originally planned as W@W DLC). Ascension takes place in Russia, and Call of the Dead in Siberia (which would have been in Russian), but both had English titles. We won't even get into where Shangri-La takes place...

thank you for your help i didnt notice the rise was already found im sorry