Who's Who - All Quotes & Jingle (updated video 02/06/13)

GRILL

UPDATED:

VB7mYnBouCQ

mmmmmmmmm... I'm in two minds about whether I should drink this.

Curious, I'm normally very decisive

Who's who? That's what I want to know! Especially that crazy German voice...

You gotta man up now, Stuhl!

UPDATE: unfortunately, we did not get much more information from the quotes. What's interesting is that Russman directly talks to Stuhl after getting "Who's Who" - which makes me think it's important & related to the storyline. I'll be posting the "WW" theme lyrics here as soon as I can either transcribe or wait for the PC version to come out. :mrgreen:

... ALSO let me know if you've heard different quotes. I'd like to compile them here.

-Xj8qrRnseQ

{upon buying Who's Who}

you sure this stuff is fit for humans?

who's who who's who who's who who's who who's who who's who who's who who's who who's who?

Who's Who Song Lyrics

I was talking to myself just the other day,

I was hearin' lots of things I never thought I'd say

but one thing I said really blew my mind -

Who's Who?

I said I don't know me, but I know you

but if you listen closely we can talk it through

it ain't as simple as we're gonna find

Who's Who?

I think I will save you, I think I don't blame

'cos I like you and you like me

I was talking to myself just the other day

then the black man came, took me away

I feel bad, but not as bad as me

then the black man came, took me away

Who's Who?

Who's Who Jingle

Who's Who Background Audio

Whilst playing as the lovely Misty, I was intrigued by the aforementioned quote. Indeed - are any perks fit for humans? Surely "Quick Revive" is... in all it's fish-oily goodness. But let's dive in...

I believe Who's Who was essentially created for/by another civilization/realm.

REASON 1 - SPACE HELMET

Looking at the actual perk machine itself, it appears to be a fashioned after someone wearing a space helmet.

... however, there is a life preserver around mid section of the perk machine. which makes me want to include the possibility of it being like a deep sea diving helmet (although I do not think it's meant to be taken literally - more like a life preserver in the sense of you being able to revive yourself)

REASON 2 - EMBLEM RESEMBLANCE TO INFINITY SYMBOL

Now - the next item of significance is the actual perk emblem itself:

it is clearly a hand reaching out to another hand. but - it also significantly reminds me of the "infinity' symbol(s):

Here's the two together:

Infinity is significant because it's been played upon in the zombies storyline several times.

Most notably:

Brock and Gary were the two gentlemen "stuck" under the map during the EE in Shangri La. After completing the EE, it is revealed that the two are stuck in an infinite loop. This has been theorized to be as a result of the time shifting (and possible location shifting) involved with Shangri-La; Agartha & the Vril Ya are significant towards the canon of Shangri-La as well.

YPW2Gbg1RcM

We see Russman get attacked, and consequently ripped in half. We see his innards on the ground. He is dead. The remaining three rush into an elevator, and upon arriving at the bottom - meet a legion of zombies. They are overrun and we hear Richtofen speak "begin anew". A purple flash. The four characters spawn, Russman included. Sam says, "have we been here before?"

so, a character dies. the remaining three get cornered and presumably die. they are spawned anew. sound familiar? infinity loop.

REASON 3 - YOU'RE ANOTHER VERSION OF YOURSELF

... BUT YOU'RE NOT DEAD

Much like being in another realm (astral plane, anyone?) "Who's Who" revives you anew after you go down. You spawn as another version of yourself, and have the ability to revive yourself. You are not dead, because the zombies still sense you and attack you - so that must mean you're soul/"mental self" ascends to some sort of astral plane within our existence. This is why you can still be attacked.

Many projectionist enthusiasts & experts claim that, upon going to the astral plane, you can incur physical harm that will effect your physical body.

Very rarely, an astral traveler may sustain what is called a repercussion, an injury in the astral realm that shows up on the physical body. Expert astral traveler Donald Tyson suggests that the belief of the astral traveler can cause these injuries to manifest, and serious preparation before astral travel will minimize any danger.

source - eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5426726_astra ... z2JlgjiC2E

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now. Anything I'm missing? Anymore reasons you'd like to add? Thanks for reading! :mrgreen:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like this should have made it in Moon instead.

This perk seems pointless, IMO. From what I understand, you come back to revive yourself. Isn't that what quick revive would be for, especially while playing solo? I've also heard that having quick revive AND Who's who on Solo makes it so you don't actually lose your perks. Maybe I'm wrong, but that would just make Tombstone redundant.

I think this perk was put into the game to help the player out!(Duhh)

there has been a lot of complaints about team mates not reviving downed players (most coming from random lobbies).

if you are a player that likes going into games with random people, this perk can save your butt, hell... even in solo it saves my butt (just run around till quick revive kicks in, by then i have led the zombies to the other side of the map and can easily recover from a down!)

even in a well coordinated team it can be quite a hassle to revive or even find the downed player (more than on any other map, unless you are way to far from your team on Tranzit ofcourse).

you can even get simmilar quotes when buying other perks, "are we sure this stuff wont rot our brains?" is one i have heard a lot when buying either speed cola or mule kick.

there has been a lot of complaints about team mates not reviving downed players (most coming from random lobbies).

if you are a player that likes going into games with random people, this perk can save your butt, hell... even in solo it saves my butt (just run around till quick revive kicks in, by then i have led the zombies to the other side of the map and can easily recover from a down!)

even in a well coordinated team it can be quite a hassle to revive or even find the downed player (more than on any other map, unless you are way to far from your team on Tranzit ofcourse).

you can even get simmilar quotes when buying other perks, "are we sure this stuff wont rot our brains?" is one i have heard a lot when buying either speed cola or mule kick.

fair enough, vvmichael - to each his own. I just find it kind of strange that they basically made a second version of Tombstone - this perk is very out there, by far the strangest perk encountered in zombies. I think it could have significance to the story (especially regarding the solo cutscene) - but we won't really know until it's all on the table.

on a completely different note - WELCOME TO CODZ! :mrgreen:

fair enough, vvmichael - to each his own. I just find it kind of strange that they basically made a second version of Tombstone - this perk is very out there, by far the strangest perk encountered in zombies. I think it could have significance to the story (especially regarding the solo cutscene) - but we won't really know until it's all on the table.

on a completely different note - WELCOME TO CODZ! :mrgreen:

First off: thank you kindly for the welcome :D

to me this perk is better than tombstone as you are not forced to wait an entire round( wich can be very long when in high rounds).

we are no longer forced to rely on team mates, and going on most randoms i enqounter: who better to revive you but yourself? ( i had people leave after not being revived, even when there was clearly no oppertunity to do so).

given that it is indeed a very weird perk and they could have just put tombstone in the game and i would have been just as happy.

this perk just has that extra zing to it, i just cant put my finger on what it is yet :P

Edit: after watching the intro a few times, i can not find a solid connection to the perk!

yes we see people dying and getting reincarnated/respaned by richtofen, at no pooint do we see a double running around!

as much as people claim that who's who is reincarnation, it is not!

it's only reincarnation when the original body dies and you receive a new body (wich is not what i assume the perk was intended for!)

First off: thank you kindly for the welcome :D

to me this perk is better than tombstone as you are not forced to wait an entire round( wich can be very long when in high rounds).

we are no longer forced to rely on team mates, and going on most randoms i enqounter: who better to revive you but yourself? ( i had people leave after not being revived, even when there was clearly no oppertunity to do so).

given that it is indeed a very weird perk and they could have just put tombstone in the game and i would have been just as happy.

this perk just has that extra zing to it, i just cant put my finger on what it is yet :P

Edit: after watching the intro a few times, i can not find a solid connection to the perk!

yes we see people dying and getting reincarnated/respaned by richtofen, at no pooint do we see a double running around!

as much as people claim that who's who is reincarnation, it is not!

it's only reincarnation when the original body dies and you receive a new body (wich is not what i assume the perk was intended for!)

yeah, i'm still holding onto this one. with all of the "beyond birth and death" stuff the devs were hinting at this summer, the vril ya, the aether, and various other mystical aspects of zombies - i'm not ready to let this one go.

to me, it relates to the starting cut scene because the key phrase in that is "begin anew". now obviously who's who doesn't play a huge role in the storyline of Great Leap Forward - but I feel if it's used further, it may have some importance.

yeah the part that is really confusing regarding the who's who respawn is that the zombies still attack you - so therefore, you're still flesh and blood... alongside your other flesh and blood. FAR OUT! :lol:

Great thread Grill!

Who's Who is a very interesting perk, and it's got a lot of mystery surrounding it.

Could you get Marlton, Russman and Samuel's quotes for it? It could help give us more information on it.

What should we be calling the second self? A physical form of your conscious? When going down, we know that the players can see something, possibly Aether, judging by quotes in multiple maps. Perhaps it is loosely tied to that?

Don't forget that someone had to create it. It's hard to tell who though. Vril-Ya seem like the most likely, but maybe it wasn't. Maybe the creator used Vril as the ingredient?

Is there any explanation as to why the perks are here anyway? Any evidence to suggest unusual activity? I also wonder what would happen if Space Monkeys attacked the perk machine while in Who's Who.

Great thread Grill!

Who's Who is a very interesting perk, and it's got a lot of mystery surrounding it.

Could you get Marlton, Russman and Samuel's quotes for it? It could help give us more information on it.

What should we be calling the second self? A physical form of your conscious? When going down, we know that the players can see something, possibly Aether, judging by quotes in multiple maps. Perhaps it is loosely tied to that?

Don't forget that someone had to create it. It's hard to tell who though. Vril-Ya seem like the most likely, but maybe it wasn't. Maybe the creator used Vril as the ingredient?

Is there any explanation as to why the perks are here anyway? Any evidence to suggest unusual activity? I also wonder what would happen if Space Monkeys attacked the perk machine while in Who's Who.

Thanks Rissole!!!

I will work on getting the three remaining quotes this weekend. Once PC gets a hold of it though it'll be much easier. I'd really like to get the Who's Who theme song lyrics in here as well.

In regards to the second self - I think you just nailed it on the head. "Second self" is a perfectly logical and easy to remember nickname for the "Who's Who" mode. It is rather confusing, "a physical form of your conscious". Seems like an oxymoron almost.

I like the idea of you being in Aether whilst in Who's Who mode.

Vril - ya... intergalactic perk salesmen. I'm not sure who could have made this perk, but I have a feeling it ties into the demonic voice speaking to Sam. Many say it's Richt, but I feel it's still open to interpretation.

Yes yes - a fantastic question. Why are the perks here to begin with? what went on in this building, and what faction of the zombies storyline does it tie into? We need to consider all the areas, and how they could relate to the perks' existence.

Why are the perks here to begin with? what went on in this building, and what faction of the zombies storyline does it tie into? We need to consider all the areas, and how they could relate to the perks' existence.

As far from gameplay point of view, you cant live without perks (mostly jugg) and Treyarch will receive a LOT of hate if they remove perks, but from a story point of view... how the french toast perk machines ended up on elevators? xD

Why are the perks here to begin with? what went on in this building, and what faction of the zombies storyline does it tie into? We need to consider all the areas, and how they could relate to the perks' existence.

As far from gameplay point of view, you cant live without perks (mostly jugg) and Treyarch will receive a LOT of hate if they remove perks, but from a story point of view... how the french toast perk machines ended up on elevators? xD

I mean more like - in many past maps, perk machines are there (from a storyline perspective) because 935/other organizations had been experimenting with zombies & 115:

in Der Reise - it was a zombie research lab, so they had perk machines

in Verrukt - they did experiment with zombies, so they had perk machines

in Kino, in CotD, in Five, in Moon - etc.

is Richtofen the omnipotent or Maxis simply placing these perks out for us? or are there greater stories to tell? I'm inclined to think it's more than just "well they are just there for the gameplay".

Samuel's quote is pretty interesting, I guess we know that he doesn't know who Richtofen is.

Marlton's just seems like he's referencing how there's two of you in Who's Who as well as his smartness.

Russman just doesn't help haha. I guess you could take it as he feels complete now, with 'two people', and he's telling Samuel to do the same thing?

Samuel's quote is pretty interesting, I guess we know that he doesn't know who Richtofen is.

Marlton's just seems like he's referencing how there's two of you in Who's Who as well as his smartness.

Russman just doesn't help haha. I guess you could take it as he feels complete now, with 'two people', and he's telling Samuel to do the same thing?

hm... I actually thought Russman's was the most interesting. Considering he's the one who gets ripped apart in the intro cutscene, perhaps he knows that Stuhl has to go back and "mend the rift". Or perhaps there is more to Stuhl having Who's Who then we already know...

Great thread GRILL!

I just can't figure out what the sound when your downed is from. I'm sure it's from a 1980's TV show but I just can't remember what it's called. Maybe it is nothing?

Here are a couple of things until you get something better

(I didn't transcribe the lyrics, so check for yourself. not my video's either)

Who's Who Song Lyrics

I was hearin' lots of things I never thought I'd say

but one thing I said really blew my mind -

Who's Who?

I said I don't know me, but I know you

but if you listen closely we can talk it through

it ain't as simple as we're gonna find -

Who's Who?

I think I will save you, I think I don't blame you,

'cos I like you and you like me

then a bad man came took me away

I was talking to myself just the other day (Don't call me bad)

then a bad man came took me away

Who's Who?

(I'm uncertain what this part says exactly - 'then a bad man' or 'and the black man came took me away' ?

And I can't make out what the backing vocals say through the 3rd verse?)

Who's Who Jingle

Who's Who Background Audio

Great thread GRILL!

I just can't figure out what the sound when your downed is from. I'm sure it's from a 1980's TV show but I just can't remember what it's called. Maybe it is nothing?

Here are a couple of things until you get something better

(I didn't transcribe the lyrics, so check for yourself. not my video's either)

{ smoke cloud } * POOF * PINNAZ comes in to save the day! lol thanks a lot man, I'm adding it to the thread.

I wracked my brains trying to think of the theme. I know what you mean, I'm sure it's from something but I can't recall it for the life of me. Sounds like some something out of the crime/mystery/detective genre - maybe even noir.

Kinda sounds like from a kids show. Or something like the Batman and Robin cartoon with the sound effects and stuff.

Either way, I like the sound of it and it makes Who's Who just a tad funny.

Great that you got the lyrics PINNAZ :)

PS. I wish it had been called Who's Who Juice, as a reference to Honey Boo Boo's Go-Go Juice, even though they are nothing alike haha! :D

PS. I wish it had been called Who's Who Juice, as a reference to Honey Boo Boo's Go-Go Juice, even though they are nothing alike haha! :D

I've never heard of 'Honey Boo Boo' so I googled it....and it sounds Wack! :lol: then I hit images....I don't think I want to know anymore.....

=====================

I had a good listen to the Jingle & changed the lyrics to my other post a little bit if you want to edit it. There's some hard words to make out?

The overall song sounds like its from Stu's perspective?

"I was talkin to myself just the other day"

"I was hearin' lots of things I never thought I'd say"

"I was talking to myself just the other day

then a bad man came took me away"

(or - the black man? = Mystery Man?)

Here's a soundcloud audioclip. Sorry about the quality & the explosions in the background. (4 people with M&S :lol: )

I hope it's not too loud.

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

I also recorded Stu's quote once he drinks it

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

I might grab the other ones if you want them?

Feel free to do what you want with these screenshots

Keep up the great work | GRILL |

Sounds to me like this should have made it in Moon instead.

This perk seems pointless, IMO. From what I understand, you come back to revive yourself. Isn't that what quick revive would be for, especially while playing solo? I've also heard that having quick revive AND Who's who on Solo makes it so you don't actually lose your perks. Maybe I'm wrong, but that would just make Tombstone redundant.

the main benefit of the who's who perk is keeping your guns/perks. it WOULD make tombstone redundant, but think of it less as an addition perk wise to tombstone and more of a replacement. tombstone would be to easy to use on die rise because of the design of the map... what made tombstone fair was that tranzit was soooo big and you only had 45 seconds to get back to your tombstone. with who's who it allows a similar result with a level of difficulty more adjusted for the specific map :)

Tombstone was highly ineffective in general. I am a decent zombies player with lots of experience and I always had trouble getting back to my tombstone without dying again. It wasn't quite effective unless you were doing it to get all perks in a controlled environment. I have no questions as to why they replaced it. Makes alot of sense to me.