Where/how does TranZit save?

Megaton A

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered before, but I've tried searching the forum as well as Google and cannot find an answer. Where exactly does TranZit progress save to? Is it saved server side, or somewhere on your hard drive? I checked the files for Black Ops II on my Xbox and didn't see any kind of game save, only DLC and the game install (I've never played campaign, BTW, so other than TranZit there really wouldn't be any game saves).

The only reason I ask is because I want to make sure my EE completion/stored points/stored gun don't disappear if I clear my HDD cache. I would assume it would be saved on their servers like your multiplayer progress, but I wanted to know if anyone knew for sure before I risk it.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm unsure of an exact answer, I would assume it saves to your HDD as you can build the Nav Card Table (or Bank or Fridge or EE)while playing a game OFFLINE & it is still is saved the next game you play? Edit - INCORRECT!! Disinformation

Clearing your cache only wipes the updates, not your saves games doesn't it?

I'm unsure of an exact answer, I would assume it saves to your HDD as you can build the Nav Card Table (or Bank or Fridge or EE)while playing a game OFFLINE & it is still is saved the next game you play?

Generally, that is correct. However, I have no game save files for Black Ops II, which (I would assume) means that the information is either stored in the cache or online. If it saves when offline, then I would think it would have to be stored in the cache, as there's really no other place it could be. Also, occasionally games will save other information to the cache. I know a lot of my stats in Minecraft, for instance, ended up being reset after clearing my cache.

If this is the case, it may explain why some people have found their progress reset at some point. Possibly they cleared the cache and didn't realize it could have an effect on TranZit mode "saves".

I was wondering the Same thing because I actually wanted to try this, To see if it would reset my Progress with the ToB & Nav Table. I may actually end up trying it & let you know the results. BC I'm not too too worried about it resetting that. The only reason I was Scared to do it, was for the fact would it reset my Rank & Stats as well. I would think not, But I dont know!!

I was wondering the Same thing because I actually wanted to try this, To see if it would reset my Progress with the ToB & Nav Table. I may actually end up trying it & let you know the results. BC I'm not too too worried about it resetting that. The only reason I was Scared to do it, was for the fact would it reset my Rank & Stats as well. I would think not, But I dont know!!

I'm 99% certain rank and stats are saved server side. All multiplayer rank and stats are saved online, and all zombies stats are viewable online. Also, you can't effect your rank and stats in offline mode (that I'm aware of). If you do try it out, please report back and let me know. I want to clear my cache because my Xbox has been downloading things very slowly, but I really don't want to lose my EE progress because my friends... aren't the best at Zombies.

I sent a tweet to Jimmy Z asking him about it, but he won't reply. And even if he did it would probably be something pointlessly cryptic like "Some men save games. Progress is made. No purpose can be served through reset. You need drive." or similar crap that makes no sense.

I'm unsure of an exact answer, I would assume it saves to your HDD as you can build the Nav Card Table (or Bank or Fridge or EE)while playing a game OFFLINE & it is still is saved the next game you play?

Are you talking about playing local mode (offline basically) and it saving next time you come back? Because if you are then it doesn't do that for me, because i have built the nav card table, and even saved about 20k points in the bank and an upgraded MTAR in the fridge, came back the next day and nothing.

Tried it again and quit out and replayed and nothing. It only saves for me on online mode with normal online solo mode or custom matches *easy saves to it as well*

I'm playing on PS3 if that makes a difference.

• Administrators

Your Tranzit progress is saved via Treyarch servers. This accounts for the side of the mode completed, the amount of points in your bank, and whether or not you retrieved the NavCard. It actually took my a while to piece together the reasoning behind all of it, and it came awfully clear with one small detail: the menu start-up.

Notice how before, we would have the options of choosing Solo mode regardless of Xbox Live access. In Black Ops II, however, we can only play with the option of Live or Local/System Link. Anything that occurs in non-Live matches will not add up to your Live profile. Because of that, we are forced to play Live games to make any progress in our favorite little Zombies mode.

Your Tranzit progress is saved via Treyarch servers. This accounts for the side of the mode completed, the amount of points in your bank, and whether or not you retrieved the NavCard. It actually took my a while to piece together the reasoning behind all of it, and it came awfully clear with one small detail: the menu start-up.

Notice how before, we would have the options of choosing Solo mode regardless of Xbox Live access. In Black Ops II, however, we can only play with the option of Live or Local/System Link. Anything that occurs in non-Live matches will not add up to your Live profile. Because of that, we are forced to play Live games to make any progress in our favorite little Zombies mode.

Awesome. Thanks! That's kind of what I figured... perhaps Pinnaz got "offline" and "Solo" confused?

Sorry Megaton,

I must of been confusing Custom Games & Local as both saving content.

So can you play split screen on Local? If so, can you still get the ToB achievement?

No worries, I know it can get confusing now with solo being an online game mode and everything. And yeah, a guy I work with doesn't have internet and he plays local split screen with his kids all the time. I would have just asked him if his games save anything, but I think his highest round is 10... so I don't think he has ever built the table, done the EE, or put points in the bank. :P

Well thanks everyone... I'm less worried about clearing my cache now. Hopefully it speeds things up when I do.

Everything you do in Zombies Online is saved to you "Online Profile" Ah hell, I can put COD:4 in right now which I have nothing saved on my Hardrive and still be at LV. 55 10th Prestige.

I've mentioned this tons of Times, I'm pretty sure the Save Feature is going to play an important part in Zombies

clearing the updates will cause you to not be able to connect with players online on the servers. ive tried this. me and my friend avoided getting updates as often as possible but the newest one makes matchmaking impossible unless you have the update. idk if this was the intention of asker but just throwin that out there.

• 10 years later...
On 1/26/2013 at 10:19 AM, InfestLithium said:

Thank you for this answer. I just got my self a xbox 360 for the first time and I have beeing trying anything to get money in the tranzit bank, it goes in but next game bank is empty.

It seem xbox life is needed.

I tried anything to use it without. shame cuz that is the one thing i don't wanna do is pay extra real money to bank ingame money.

On pc its soo much better.. no extra payments and better view possible.

and bank just works.. ALWAYS if you put money in, solo or not its IN, like it should.