box idea

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they ever implemented that, it would have to be a very, very, very low chance of one appearing. There would be no point to saving up 5,000 points to PaP if you could just keep hitting the box for an upgraded weapon.

i think this is a very good idea but have a 1 in 100 chance of spinning it for an upgraded gun. (not including porters x2 ray gun or mustang and sally or other wunderweapons)

because i rarely use the box anymore.. just grab mp5 and im set, but the box giving me upgraded weapons would make me want to use it a lot more than i do.

but all round i think this is a freaking amazing idea

Some custom WaW maps implement upgraded weapons in the box. This idea could very well be used in the console versions of the game.

True, mostly in the maps with ZCT mods which made regular PaP'ing impossible. However, I found that in the custom maps, there was a pretty high chance of getting an upgraded weapon. I can't remember the name of the map, but I ended up getting a Gibs and an Afterburner after two consecutive box pulls.

Some custom WaW maps implement upgraded weapons in the box. This idea could very well be used in the console versions of the game.

True, mostly in the maps with ZCT mods which made regular PaP'ing impossible. However, I found that in the custom maps, there was a pretty high chance of getting an upgraded weapon. I can't remember the name of the map, but I ended up getting a Gibs and an Afterburner after two consecutive box pulls.

I don't have a good PC to play computer games nor do I have WaW for the PC :( but I think the map you may be referring to is "Last Christmas"? i saw Yoteslaya and NGTZombies playing this map and they pulled a few upgraded Browning's and PPsH's.

It's not like Treyarch can't use/do this idea. It's the question whether if they want to. :roll:

I don't have a good PC to play computer games nor do I have WaW for the PC :( but I think the map you may be referring to is "Last Christmas"? i saw Yoteslaya and NGTZombies playing this map and they pulled a few upgraded Browning's and PPsH's.

It's not like Treyarch can't use/do this idea. It's the question whether if they want to. :roll:

Hrm, no, that wasn't it. It was a rather strange map. It's been a while since I've played custom WaW.

• 2 weeks later...

If they ever implemented that, it would have to be a very, very, very low chance of one appearing. There would be no point to saving up 5,000 points to PaP if you could just keep hitting the box for an upgraded weapon.

i think this is a very good idea but have a 1 in 100 chance of spinning it for an upgraded gun. (not including porters x2 ray gun or mustang and sally or other wunderweapons)

because i rarely use the box anymore.. just grab mp5 and im set, but the box giving me upgraded weapons would make me want to use it a lot more than i do.

but all round i think this is a freaking amazing idea

The Mustang and Sally isn't a wonder weapon, just saying :P

And I don't know about this idea. The problem I have is, regardless of how hard they make it to get a PaP'ed weapon from the box, by round 20 i'm normally hitting about 30k points. I'm sure with 30k spent on the box i'm bound to get at least ONE PaP'ed, otherwise they've made it too hard to get them. Plus it would kind of make the Pack-A-Punch machine a little less helpful seeing as people may want to just spam the box and try and get some nice PaP'ed weapon instead of just PaP'ing their gun, so i'd personally not like to see this idea implemented in the game, however I can see why others would want this.

The problem with this is basically with the map ideas. Such as moon, you had to go all the way back to earth and survive vicious wave of zombies to pack a punch. Another example is tranzit; you had to go to the power, drop a turbine, go to the town, and then build the pack a punch. Truthfully I think this is not a good idea. The pack a punch gives you a goal to go after. Not just the ability to spam the box...

Although the one problem with those ideas were the unwilling co-op partners. If you weren't playing with people who you knew/ had mic's, then chances are you wouldn't be pack-a-punching in that game. It's not so bad in TranZit because you can do it by yourself, however I do completely agree that there is some fun to be had in completing whatever task needed to be completed in order to unlock the pack-a-punch machine, and having pap'ed weapons from the box would take away some of that fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem I can think of is how OP they'd have to make the weapon.

Too underpowered, and it's going to be useless. To OP, and everyone will try and whore it. They'd have to make it better than the Ballistic Knife (as it has no ranged attack on it) but worse than the Bowie Knife (as that costs 3000 points, not 950). And you'd have to be able to pack-a-punch it too, perhaps knifing a zombie has the possiblity to create a linked chain of electrified deaths or something? Or of course just make it more powerful or swing faster.