To Those Upset About the EE's Story Relevance...

Flammenwerfer

Basically, here's a quote I made in another thread.

It "sucked" because it's setting up for the new chapter of our story. When you read a book or watch a sequel to a movie, most of the time they don't immediately pick up where the last left off. Instead, they set up for the new story chapter and in time will connect the new story to the old.

I mean, guys, come on. Kino barely added anything to the story when it came out. We didn't even find out HOW the group arrived in the future in that map, but rather the updated Shi No Numa. Green Run is setting the stage for the new progress in our story, and we will for sure have a connection between BOII Zombies and the Zombies from before.

Some people are being a little too critical of this EE (or, as I like to refer to them as, Side Mission) in my opinion.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you are saying, and maybe you are right. But personally I think there is more... way more. They said zombies is going to be like a story mode, and they never said this for other cods. Making me assume it will have more of a story than any other game. But maybe they are holding off on it until DLC, but that doesn't seem logical, then again it could be a way to get money :P

That's what I was thinking. World at War only had Nacht der Untoten, with no perks and barely an easter egg. (barrels) Kino der Toten was quite a step down from Der Reise as far as eater eggs go. Both have their own great strategies, but Kino is definitely a step down. Moon wound up having one of the coolest easter egg endings, and we recieved one of the coolest prizes for doing so. Why would anyone be upset with a map the size of Tranzit, and the eater egg being your choice in deciding the future? (Rictofen/Maxis)

I think the easter egg was great, even if I really didn't get anything from Rictofen's side. (I hear Maxis gives you random drops via using the teleporters, is this possible in the Rictofen side? I know it has to be in the same game, just wondering I guess...)

That's what I was thinking. World at War only had Nacht der Untoten, with no perks and barely an easter egg. (barrels) Kino der Toten was quite a step down from Der Reise as far as eater eggs go. Both have their own great strategies, but Kino is definitely a step down. Moon wound up having one of the coolest easter egg endings, and we recieved one of the coolest prizes for doing so. Why would anyone be upset with a map the size of Tranzit, and the eater egg being your choice in deciding the future? (Rictofen/Maxis)

I think the easter egg was great, even if I really didn't get anything from Rictofen's side. (I hear Maxis gives you random drops via using the teleporters, is this possible in the Rictofen side? I know it has to be in the same game, just wondering I guess...)

Richtofen gives you bonus Power-Ups under the Tower. Maxis messes with the Mystery Box in some fashion, messing with the probabilities of the weapons.

Richtofen's side mission rewards you with power-up drops every certain period of time...

I agree with OP. But it still doesn't make me feel better. I agree with all the points. But this yrs zombies was so hyped and supposed to truly be bigger and better. I think we all in our own mind had high expectations. And ppl hate paying for dlc. I just feel for the game by itself it was a pretty weak EE and they r making is pay for the good stuff. Which I have done and don't mind but I just expected more. Still excited to see where we go next

While I still think they could have done at least a little more with the Green Run EE, I do partly agree with you. Also, people seem to forget that while the Moon EE was long, complex, and had an awesome reward... it was actually the completion of three EEs from three different maps. Moon's EE could not be done to completion unless you had also completed Call of the Dead and Shangri-La's EEs. So really, the awesome "have every perk and keep them all no matter what" reward wasn't just for completing Moon, it was a culmination of multiple maps.

Still, it's pretty lame of them to take a step backward. Yes, Kino was a pretty basic map, but it also didn't really leave out a bunch of stuff from W@W's DLC maps. It had all the perks we had seen so far, it had the teleporter like Der Reise, it had the PaP... all it was missing was an equivalent to the Fly Trap, and that really wasn't a major EE. It wasn't all that complex and didn't have some big in-game reward (that sort of EE really started with Ascension), so not having something similar in Kino didn't seem like such a letdown.

That, to me, is the main difference between Green Run and Kino. Green Run does leave out a lot of things. Perks we had before are gone, the new perk can't even be used solo, the EE is simple in comparison to the last few (despite having two paths) and gives no worthwhile reward, there's no "bigger and better" Wonder Weapon in the box (yeah, we have the Jet Gun and it has it's good points... but IMO it's pretty lame compared to any Black Ops WW or the 'waffe)... it's like they built the mode up more and more with each DLC and now they're just starting over again.

But, as I posted in another thread... I understand why they did it. If they went bigger and better than Moon with the vanilla game, then they would have to put that much more into topping it with DLC. This way, they start small and build it up again with each map. Hell, if the next DLC comes and we have Flopper, people will be excited just to see that. I don't like it, and it still seems pretty lazy... but I get the reasoning behind it.