"Permanent" earnables... no longer permanent?! (proof)

Megaton A

I'm not to sure on Half of your question. Now SOLO is Online, Local isn't. Anything you do on SOLO(That's through Xbox Live/PSNetwork) will effect you Online Profile. So you can get the Upgrades through that. As to the Custome Mode with Original settings, that we don't know. Try this, if you have the Stronger Boards, try a custom match through SOLO and see if your boards are metal.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So I was spraying down some freakbags around Diner, and got a green spark. I have no idea what it's for. I just created my new XBox account, so I don't exactly have high stats. We were only at Round 11 at the time, and only had 178 kills at the time, with 80 headshots. I got my headshot "skill" later in the game though.

I havent seen this answered anywhere yet, can you complete the tasks for the earnables in online custom games (with no settings changed?) or in solo? Or does it have to be online multiplayer?

Cheers

Custom and Solo are both fine as long as it's online. I think you mean "public game" instead of "online multiplayer", which is what is confusing people. I have never played a public game and have gotten them.

I'm starting to wonder if Treyarch is just messing with us. My friend who hasn't played for a few days jumped on with me last night, and we both used to have the blue-eyed skull with 5 level ticks, and he was bumped all the way back down to skull with 1 tick. I was dropped to 3, but got it back up to 4. Bizarre. I also still have my revive.

I'm starting to wonder if Treyarch is just messing with us. My friend who hasn't played for a few days jumped on with me last night, and we both used to have the blue-eyed skull with 5 level ticks, and he was bumped all the way back down to skull with 1 tick. I was dropped to 3, but got it back up to 4. Bizarre. I also still have my revive.

Its basically a fact that if you don't play every day, your gonna loose some of your 5 "Slashes". They could in fact mean how many days in a row you have played. And that factor would find its way into the equation of Ranking. I hear people sayign they have k/d over 100 but, still at plain skull. But they dont have 5 "slashes", so that factors into the k/d Ratio.

My buddy and I just figured out how to get PHD (its strongly recommended you have jug first) its based upon how much damage you receive from zombies (that are on fire) exploding. Easiest way is running circles in town. I have proof, a video in my theater my xblgt is qxbatmanxp. My buddy and I will also upload a vid tonight or tomorrow of us shooting our feet with a ray gun. Stay tuned!

Some bad news, when I just played a co op game of Tranzit I had lost all the earnables except for revive. I did however notice that I earned back the headshot one (saw the green flash when killing my train on round 22). So it does seem they are not permanent. I'd also like to point out that I do not believe it has to do with your rank or consistency of playing as I have been playing at least 2 or 3 games every day. So there is something else that's making them go away... Treyarch is quite secretive...

the dashes and blue eyes have to do with activity though :)

Maybe irrelevant, but I just got another green orb while killing zombies, and I already have all three perma-perks (and I believe I have a different one not mentioned here), and my character, Misty, said: "Now this might be important".

Any clues? I will look closely when I will be killing some more, but... I have seriously no idea what is going on.

I played as Misty tonite and got the same message

My buddy and I just figured out how to get PHD (its strongly recommended you have jug first) its based upon how much damage you receive from zombies (that are on fire) exploding. Easiest way is running circles in town. I have proof, a video in my theater my xblgt is qxbatmanxp. My buddy and I will also upload a vid tonight or tomorrow of us shooting our feet with a ray gun. Stay tuned!

I gotta see this to believe it. As far as I know, nobody has shown proof any form of Doctor Flopper exists.

Update - I had lost my barricade a while ago and could not regain , so I played custom easy and got it.back very quickly. I have kept it for a week now without loosing , and haven't played every day , demoted. But still have barricade.

Also I have seen videos showing this "flopper" just decreases flame damage AMD you don't try slowed by walking on fire. No other advantages from what I saw.