Zom-B_Hunter115

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The Moon... REALLY?!? I mean I assume they wouldn't blow the whole thing up as the Moon controls our tidal waves, but still. I guess it depends on the size of the nuke, but it seems like a generally bad idea.

The Moon... REALLY?!? I mean I assume they wouldn't blow the whole thing up as the Moon controls our tidal waves, but still. I guess it depends on the size of the nuke, but it seems like a generally bad idea.

Yeah probably not smart, but not really surprising either. These are the same people that denoted a nuclear device inthe upper stratosphere pretty much for "fun".

They and the USSR really had no idea what the effect would be and some scientists beleived that such explosions could ignite our atomsphere killing all life on Earth. They did it anyways. Ohhh look pretty lights. /facepalm.

Surprised I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks Zom-B_Hunter115. I love this type of stuff. I'll definitely look more into it now.

BTW, the event others are referring to where the US gov detonated a nuke in the earth's upper-atmosphere was called Operation Starfish. If you don't know about it, then look it up. Definitely one of the wackiest, most irresponsible nuclear test the US ever performed.

- Mix

Surprised I hadn't heard of this before. Thanks Zom-B_Hunter115. I love this type of stuff. I'll definitely look more into it now.

BTW, the event others are referring to where the US gov detonated a nuke in the earth's upper-atmosphere was called Operation Starfish. If you don't know about it, then look it up. Definitely one of the wackiest, most irresponsible nuclear test the US ever performed.

- Mix

Theres actually multiple cases of atmospheric nuclear detonation by the US...

Operation Hardtack I

Operation Argus

Operation Dominic I and II

And the Russian K project

In the late 50's the US had a plan to detonate a nuke on the MOON. And the possibility of having a launch site on the moon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119

Dont think this will develop the story any but stumbled across it today and thought it was interesting

this would make sense because of the low gravity you could launch larger nukes with ease as well as being potentially several days closer to any approaching comets.

dont worry, the moon is 1/3rd the mass of the earth (i think), so it would take a **** load of nukes to blow it up. nukes on the moon could easily create a lot of small object that would impact the earth though. its probably not the best thing we could spend our time trying to achieve. lol

In the late 50's the US had a plan to detonate a nuke on the MOON. And the possibility of having a launch site on the moon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_A119

Dont think this will develop the story any but stumbled across it today and thought it was interesting

this would make sense because of the low gravity you could launch larger nukes with ease as well as being potentially several days closer to any approaching comets.

dont worry, the moon is 1/3rd the mass of the earth (i think), so it would take a **** load of nukes to blow it up. nukes on the moon could easily create a lot of small object that would impact the earth though. its probably not the best thing we could spend our time trying to achieve. lol

They also appeared to be afraid of missing the moon and having the missle return to earth :shock: