The Green Run Bus and Brooklyn NY!

Jolteon

What's up Zombie Slayers, your PokePal Dark Jolteon with a thread explaining a recent theory I have devised with a little research about the TranZit location. Feel free to leave your thoughts, criticisms and opinions after you have read it through, and I hope you enjoy :D

So, my thoughts originally came to light after watching a YouTube video uploaded by our very own MrRoflWaffles containing a large majority of quotes from our TranZit bus driver. I strongly suggest you watch the video, and I will put it at the bottom of the thread. Most of them are hilarious and irrelevant but it's still a great video to watch ;)

The quotes I am most interested in from these quotes are any that contain the name of the bus company. For those that don't know, the bus company is called the Consolidated Bus Corporation. After some research and some looking around the interwebz of Google, I pretty easily found the website for the bus company (Yes! It exists!). However, the full name of this company is more than just what our driver says. The full name of the company, and get ready for this because this is good, is Consolidated Bus Transit Corporation Inc. That's right. Transit.

I looked at some details of the bus company, which is clearly the company being used in TranZit, the evidence is mahoosive, and this company is based in Brooklyn NY. For me tht is all the information and proof I need. I'm sure there are other areas that the company works but they are primarily Brooklyn.

Okay, so I was completely wrong with the entire theory, HOWEVER, there is still plenty of relevance. The main part of which I speak is this part:

So, my thoughts originally came to light after watching a YouTube video uploaded by our very own MrRoflWaffles containing a large majority of quotes from our TranZit bus driver. I strongly suggest you watch the video, and I will put it at the bottom of the thread. Most of them are hilarious and irrelevant but it's still a great video to watch ;)

The quotes I am most interested in from these quotes are any that contain the name of the bus company. For those that don't know, the bus company is called the Consolidated Bus Corporation. After some research and some looking around the interwebz of Google, I pretty easily found the website for the bus company (Yes! It exists!). However, the full name of this company is more than just what our driver says. The full name of the company, and get ready for this because this is good, is Consolidated Bus Transit Corporation Inc. That's right. Transit.

So, my efforts weren't completely wasted and thanks to the lovely gentlemen below my dignity has been somewhat salvaged.

That is all for now. Thanks for reading, and I'll see you again soon. Before I go, here is Waffles video:

0MW4E-QCPAw

-Jolteon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless New York has been shifted to the northwest of Nevada by the nuke blasts, the game map shows Tranzit to be in either Washington or California.

This.

There's quite the story behind the bus and TranZit. So far we have a busline based out of New York, with license plates registered to Colorado, a stop through Nuketown, Nevada, and the Green Run map in Handord, Washington.

Safe to say, thus bus has been around.

Unless New York has been shifted to the northwest of Nevada by the nuke blasts, the game map shows Tranzit to be in either Washington or California.

This.

There's quite the story behind the bus and TranZit. So far we have a busline based out of New York, with license plates registered to Colorado, a stop through Nuketown, Nevada, and the Green Run map in Handord, Washington.

Safe to say, thus bus has been around.

Ah, so somebody else noticed as well! Or did Tac tell you?

Btw, Alaska seems to be a great place to stop in the DLC. If you know what I mean.

As of the topic... Original Poster, please use logic next time. The fact that company is based in Brooklyn does not indicate much, and you just can't deny with that argument the fact that map and some clues/facts state the Green Run (TranZit, as you have wrongly named it) is located in Hanford Site, Washington.

Well this is certainly embarrassing.

Okay, I probably shoulda pointed out all of the flaws to the theory too. Fuck I'm an idiot. I wasn't even considering half of the stuff you guys pointed out, plus the fact I already KNEW that it was Hanford. I've already looked it up in the past. D:

Ignore me. I had a mad moment where I forgot everything. I saw something that could mean something and replaced reason with madness. There may be some relevance at some point to what I have posted but I've been thick.

Fuck.

-Jolteon

At this particular point, you are being thick.

But don't criticize yourself! It's good that you're thinking, but always connect things you already know to each other, so they all make sense. Like you said with the Hanford.

Sometimes just coming up with something... Hmm... New? Different? - sometimes it's not enough. You have to go beyond that.

I'm just rusty XD

I used to be okay at this theorizing stuff but it's been a LONG time since I made any decent theories. From now on I will be much more thorough with checking ways to disprove my own theories. That's how I used to work.

Well, thanks for not completely destroying my idiocy XD

-Jolteon

Whoa whoa whoa hey now Jolteon it's not like this thread was wasted. There is most likely some sort of connection with New York or the Busline in the story of TranZit that's still waiting to be seen. This information could be extremely useful, we just don't know it yet. I'll be keeping my eye out for connection.

I'm glad you posted this anyways Jolteon. Thank you!

• Administrators

I was literally just about to make a thread on the name of the company, but I will post it here instead. The issue that comes to mind is that the Consolidated Coach Corporation (CCC) changed its name. In 1931, The Greyhound Lines of Georgia was renamed to Southeastern Greyhound Lines (SGL) and sold to CCC. That same year, Greyhound gave CCC clearance to SGL as a brand name. Then in 1936, CCC officially renamed the company to Southeastern Greyhound Lines. In 1950, The Greyhound Corporation bought SGL (formerly CCC), however the name did stay the same. My question is: Why is the Bus Driver still referring to it as Consolidated Coach Corporation if the name's supposedly been changed for almost three decades?

I was literally just about to make a thread on the name of the company, but I will post it here instead. The issue that comes to mind is that the Consolidated Coach Corporation (CCC) changed its name. In 1931, The Greyhound Lines of Georgia was renamed to Southeastern Greyhound Lines (SGL) and sold to CCC. That same year, Greyhound gave CCC clearance to SGL as a brand name. Then in 1936, CCC officially renamed the company to Southeastern Greyhound Lines. In 1950, The Greyhound Corporation bought SGL (formerly CCC), however the name did stay the same. My question is: Why is the Bus Driver still referring to it as Consolidated Coach Corporation if the name's supposedly been changed for almost three decades?

I want to say the driver's data is corrupted, possibly by the 115 in the missiles. I mean, it can get very angry and can even swear at you. Who would program an automated bus driver to swear at its passengers, even if they are unruly?

Not to mention he doesn't quite know where he is (Great Slave Lake, Grand Canyon? What?).

I want to say the driver's data is corrupted, possibly by the 115 in the missiles. I mean, it can get very angry and can even swear at you. Who would program an automated bus driver to swear at its passengers, even if they are unruly?

Not to mention he doesn't quite know where he is (Great Slave Lake, Grand Canyon? What?).

Yep, first he says he's driving you to HAARP research station and then stops in Town saying it's the end of the journey...

• Administrators

In my opinion, he wasn't programmed that way. His eyes are blue and he speaks of the undead many many many times, so I'd say he was being controlled by Richtofen.

Yep, first he says he's driving you to HAARP research station and then stops in Town saying it's the end of the journey...

"Error. Error. Global Positioning System navigation error. Maintain current course. Implement Automatic Course Upgrade protocols."

Lol basically. As seen. GPS is out, he's got no clue what's going on xD

In my opinion, he wasn't programmed that way. His eyes are blue and he speaks of the undead many many many times, so I'd say he was being controlled by Richtofen.

"Error. Error. Global Positioning System navigation error. Maintain current course. Implement Automatic Course Upgrade protocols."

Lol basically. As seen. GPS is out, he's got no clue what's going on xD

I bet my Hardened Edition that this guy is controled by Richtofen.

And yes, I was kind of refering to that when I wrote my post.

So, are you going to post your thread? I'm already making mine and they could be connected a little...

Back when all we had was a behind the scenes preview for BLOPS 2 Zombies, didn't we find tranzit locations match those of locations found in a city of New Jersey? That's real close to New York.

Maybe the photo references the treyarch devs used when texturing and modeling the environments were from the East coast and they didn't expect we'd dig so far into it that we'd notice the discrepancies? IDK what to make of it really.

Good digging though, Jolteon

- Mix

Okay, I was a little harsh, the thread DOES still have relevance. I'll change the title and the OP around to make a little more relevant sense. We can keep digging around because New York has some relevance in all this. Thanks for the vote of confidence fellas!

-Jolteon