• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

*sigh*

: (

I'm gonna play it now.

Hopefully it will be fun. 

Edit: For some reason I can't start the second mission. Well at least none of the faces have dissappeared. :P

2nd edit: So I put like at least four hours into the game (couldn't precisely tell you since I could not find the stats menu.) and played a coop mission, so I think I can give you guys somewhat of a first impression verdict thingy.

First of all: It is not as bad as the reviews make it out to be. ( definitely not a 76/4.3  only talking about the console version though... the PC version apperently is a mess and to be fair that was kind of to be expected since Ubisoft just hates PC. )

Let's talk about the good stuff first:

To me it seems like there was no down grade or anything like that. It looks as good as it does in the trailers. It would look better in 1080p though. *cough cough*

+ Paris is quite impressive and really big just like they told us. (One of the few things that turned out to be true regarding their marketing during this year.)

Arno and the story in general are interesting so far at least.

+ The "2 button free running system" takes a bit of getting used to but works a lot better than ever.

+ The music is nice.

+ The coop mission I have played was fun...

- ...but getting into the mission was kinda buggy to say the least. I tried to enter a mission but it didn't do anything. After that I decided to play another side mission in which I had to get some books that were about to be burned and being the reckless guy I am I didn't even try to be sneaky. >: ) So I fought against those guards and suddenly they just vanished. The mission was over and I was stuck in a 3 minute loading screen and then it suddenly told me that I was waiting for other players <--- So I assume it finally put me into a game with other players after like 15 minutes. 

The combat is not harder just a lot slower.

pop ins are present, so are frame drops (even during a cut scene) but none of them have been too game breaking at least not for me.

While the game does look good I do not understand the lighting, it is rediciulous. Just so bright and annoying and it really doesn't look good. They should tune that down a bit.

There are chests that require you to play some stupid app in order for you to open them.

Other things to note:

• This game is nothing revolutionary. It still is an AC game.
  • There are a lot of side missions and collectibles more than ever actually. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I am the kind of person that goes: "o0oo There is a chest" when I see one on the mini map. etc.
  • The customization is huge in this game almost overwhelming.
  • The modern day story already annoys me... again.
  • I had some connection issues during my session.
  • The map is in 3D now. I was like a stoned junkie going: "Woah dude..." haha

All in all I would say so far it is a good AC game. If you never liked AC or only liked Black Flag don't pick this up.

If you like AC you can pick this up without thinking about it. (unless you are on PC.)

I certainly enjoyed my first 4 hours with the game.

Okay so, i've played through the entire campaign - and if you are a fan of Assassin's Creed in any way whatsoever - you will enjoy this game.

I may be lucky, but I encountered no glitches.  The game was smooth the whole way through (albeit the long loading screens).

Funny because I rented it, and completed about 85% of the storyline - on the day I returned it, I was like "oh well I'm going to buy it" and finished the campaign.  It doesn't bother me, because there are so many side missions to do.

On top of that, there are side missions that are murder mysteries that involve the use of your eagle vision to find clues - it's a great mechanism that I hope they continue with further AC installments.

The only issues I had were with trying to play co-op.  Out of like 30 attempts, only 5 actually worked and let me join my friends.  It seems every new hour an issue crops up on the Uplay servers, or this and that - which restricts you from being able to do co-op.

It's not secret that annual release games are super rushed, but this one came out very fun and very playable.  I read an article about how Ubisoft is going to be giving AC more development time, which is always a good thing - I just hope they stick to their word.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been playing Unity the past week or so, so here's some of my thoughts about the patched PS4 version up to about sequence 6.

+Graphics are gorgeous. No um... "face" issues, as of yet.

+Customization is cool. I love being decked out in all red. Never felt right to change my color in the past AC games (except Pirate's Creed, because lets face it, it's about pirates. No assassin's white necessary).

+Murder Mystery's were a cool concept. Also, love them Nostradamus puzzles, because you actually have to think about them

-Story is quite barebones by comparison to other AC games

-Missions don't really feel all too diverse

-Minor framerate issues in crowds.

-Climbing is shit. When it looks like you can climb up, you can't always. Don't get me started with windows. When I want to go around it, I go through it. At least the have a button just for getting in the window, though.

-Combat is slower, not as nice. Shadow of Mordor did it better.

-Too many collectibles. I feel like it was okay in past games, but at this point there's already way too much to do in the world.

• Administrators
So I got the Assassin's Creed bundle for Xbox One and played Black Flag, and I've gotta say I love it. Adding a ship makes it sooo fun. I've yet to play Unity, not sure if I ever really will haha, but Black Flag was fun for a while.

So I got the Assassin's Creed bundle for Xbox One and played Black Flag, and I've gotta say I love it. Adding a ship makes it sooo fun. I've yet to play Unity, not sure if I ever really will haha, but Black Flag was fun for a while.

I did the exact opposite and I can say the multiplayer missions are SUPER fun, but the controls are SUPER sad and are part of the reason I never plan to 100% the game. The dead kings DLC was a let-down as well as the guillotine gun was a complete was. 

So since I finished the game, I'm going to add to what I think. Haven't played Dead Kings yet, though (waiting for the download to finish.... in 10 hours).

+ Arno was a good character, and I liked his relationship with Elise

+ The weapon and costume you get for beating the game are very cool

+ Cutscenes were very well done minus some clipping (no missing faces for this guy). Probably some of the most beautiful I've seen.

+ Dat WWII mission

- The French Revolution really only seems like a backdrop. I mean, even 3 at least kinda made it seem like there was a war going on. The history felt like it meant nothing here

- Short missions, and very few of them at that. It also seems like the characters didn't develop very much, as compared to basically all of the other Assassin's Creeds.

- The stupid companion app. A good idea in theory, but the fact that there's already so much to do in the game makes the stupid nomad missions in it irritating. It's also kind of confusing .

- Once again: the collectibles. I was initially going to get all of them, but I found it to be in my best interest to stop. It was fun in Black Flag, but that had Beautiful landscapes to traverse through, unlike this.

I give it a 6.5/10. There's a lot to like, but I feel like the games are losing their focus. This Kotaku article kinda explains how I feel: http://kotaku.com/the-best-start-to-an-assassins-creed-game-1681820001