hardline to give 20% bonus.

punkrockzombie

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of 20%. I almost always use hard line in BO, mostly because I love rerollling care packages :D but since there are no pro perks I might not use it as much. Actually who am I kidding, yeah I will :lol: I have one big question though.

What about bonus score that you receive from having a uav active? Do you get more points? I think that would be bad, because I have heard from mrdalekjd that getting a uav at gamescom got him all the way up to dragonfire just from bonus points. He didn't get any points that contributed to the streak apart from the uav bonus points. Damn!

If you ended up getting 30 rather that 25 as a bonus you could get a freaking swarm as a result of two uavs. Screw that! 30 points per kill X about 30 kills in your team over the course of the 2 uavs' duration, plus your few kills, equals over 1000 points towards a streak

Plus what about ground war? Over the course of one uav you would get over 20 kills on your team. That would allow you to just get 2 uavs immediately then hide in the far edges of the map while your team earns you killstreak after killstreak. I mean, if it takes six kills to get a lodestar and a swarm, there is no point in getting any more kills all game! That should not be allowed!

Is there any word on that specific detail anyone?

I like the idea of 20%. I almost always use hard line in BO, mostly because I love rerollling care packages :D but since there are no pro perks I might not use it as much. Actually who am I kidding, yeah I will :lol: I have one big question though.

What about bonus score that you receive from having a uav active? Do you get more points? I think that would be bad, because I have heard from mrdalekjd that getting a uav at gamescom got him all the way up to dragonfire just from bonus points. He didn't get any points that contributed to the streak apart from the uav bonus points. Damn!

If you ended up getting 30 rather that 25 as a bonus you could get a freaking swarm as a result of two uavs. Screw that! 30 points per kill X about 30 kills in your team over the course of the 2 uavs' duration, plus your few kills, equals over 1000 points towards a streak

Plus what about ground war? Over the course of one uav you would get over 20 kills on your team. That would allow you to just get 2 uavs immediately then hide in the far edges of the map while your team earns you killstreak after killstreak. I mean, if it takes six kills to get a lodestar and a swarm, there is no point in getting any more kills all game! That should not be allowed!

Is there any word on that specific detail anyone?

I think you're making this out to be a bigger problem than it'll be.

For starters, I think it's good that UAVs will provide this advantage. It'll encourage more people to use UAVs rather than their selfish killing machines.

Also, you know it's impossible to get two UAVs in one life. And if you die and THEN call in your UAV, those points won't count towards your new scorestreak. Also, we've got no confirmation on whether or not these points will have any sort of cap or even be affected by Hardline. I'd calm down, I have faith in what Treyarch's doing with this one.

I too have have faith in treyarch, but also share your worry here with the UAV Assist you will have the opportunity to rack up points extremely quickly, i know they are still balancing things at the moment and the amount of assist points you receive is bound to change, i just hope they find a good balance so one there aren't UAV's constantly in the sky and 2. people aren't getting high kill-streaks to easy.

Based on tuning subject to change, it's 2 less kills (ignoring kill bonuses) to earn the VSAT and 3 less to get the Drone Swarm.

just thought i would add this as well the latest on how many score/kills score-streaks will be from David vonderhaar :)

I think that a 20% bonus is great! Think of it like this. In black ops you would get your killstreak after one less kill. A 20% bonus doesn't necessarily mean there is one less kill to get the required killstreak.

Lets say you get all kills with your gun (lets say it's TDM) and you want a UAV (375 points)

You kill 4 people without hardline= 400 points.

With hardlines 20% bonus and you kill 3 people. 300+(20(20% of 100)*3)= 360! You still need that forth kill to get the UAV. I think that this WOULD be beneficial to getting higher scorestreaks like the AGR and the Swarm. ALTHOUGH this isn't counting in getting points from other places like capturing flags, knifing etc. So I think 20% is fine.

were not "nerfing" the game we are discussing the facts that we have at the moment, yes things will change but this is a forum and if we were to all wait till the games release then there would be nothing to talk about. There is no harm in discussing this stuff even if it is subject to change, if they didn't want us to discuss this stuff they wouldn't tell us these details anyway.....

• Moderators

Has anyone even considered the possibility that points from Sxorestreaks DON'T COUNT towards other Scorestreaks?

For now we can assume that scorestreak rewards will help you to get more. (But I doubt it,since the dragonfire needs more points then the care package)

But honestly,even if it will be unbalanced Treyarch will tweak their game for (at least) the whole next year.

I'll say it again. You want a nerf and the game gasn't been released yet. Wow.

+1