DodgeMonkey

This is a FFA (Free For All for those living under a rock) in a zombie setting.

Objective: I haven't EXACTLY figured one out.

Simple Objective: There are 4 people playing, after a certain number of rounds, or time, or when everybody acquires enough points; three Monkeys (if there are 4 players, 2 for three, 1 for two, not a single played game mode) spawn randomly, they drop from the sky, whatever. 3\4 people can acquire a monkey. It might be better if there is just one Monkey no matter how many players. If you acquire a or the monkey, you throw it at another player, which in turn, sticks to them causing all the zombies to go for that or those player(s.) The zombies will still kill the human if he\she does have the monkey stuck to him\her.

I've tried to figure out what to do with points. Other than being the one that dodges the monkey, there needs to be a twist or something else. Any idears? Be serious please, Treyarch may see this.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple Objective: There are 4 people playing, after a certain number of rounds, or time, or when everybody acquires enough points; three Monkeys (if there are 4 players, 2 for three, 1 for two, not a single played game mode) spawn randomly, they drop from the sky, whatever. 3\4 people can acquire a monkey. It might be better if there is just one Monkey no matter how many players. If you acquire a or the monkey, you throw it at another player, which in turn, sticks to them causing all the zombies to go for that or those player(s.) The zombies will still kill the human if he\she does have the monkey stuck to him\her.

I've tried to figure out what to do with points. Other than being the one that dodges the monkey, there needs to be a twist or something else. Any idears? Be serious please, Treyarch may see this.

lol... i hope they dont :lol:

Now guys, let's not be rude. He's onto something here. He has the start of what could be a good game mode, he just hasn't fleshed out the details yet. (Plus, even if Treyarch did see this, they wouldn't actually use it if it sucked :lol: )

Lemme think on the beginnings of this concept and I'll try to come up with something uber-epictastic. :D

If you think about it, what is the probability of you sticking Semtex on someone at random? Very low. How about of you see them and chuck it at them? Still low. You need a more accurate and reliable way of sticking people with the monkeys. I like the idea but it needs a lot of tweaking here and there.

Edit: this OP was quite an apostrophe! LOLOLOLOLLOL couldn't help it :lol:

I reckon this would be good but it would be better if there wasn't monkeys and you changed it to a crossbow or ballistic knife. They could make new drops as well to change up the game, like a drop that could make you run faster for 30 secs etc.

I like the idea of having a FFA mode alongside with the 4z4 mode. Not too sure what to think of the whole stick-a-monkey-to-another-player-to-kill-them part...

Would be fun to have a Zombies counterpart to the announced "Party Games" mode that will be in multiplayer.

They have hinted that something like that might be implemented.

Anyways, I thought about it, and I came up with the same realization that Living Dead did, that this would work better with a crossbow than with monkeys.

OK, here's the deal. Each players spawns in to a fully opened map with an M1911, a crossbow with infinite ammo, and 3500 points. The M1911 can be exchanged for any wall weapon the player can get to, but the crossbow can't be traded out.

10 seconds after the game starts, zombies will start coming (about round 10 health and speed). At the same time, one person at random will be chosen to become "it". When you're "it", all the zombies are attracted to you, and only you. This is dangerous, because in a FFA zombie mode, if you go down there's no one to revive you. Your crossbow becomes an Awful Lawton (still with infinite ammo), but doesn't work the way it usually does. Instead of attracting all zombies to it, an Awful Lawton bolt will simply explode like a normal crossbow bolt. The main goal is to shoot another player with it. Then they will become "it" and the zombies will stop going for you. You'll also get a 1000 point bonus for "tagging" another player.

Now, what's the goal of this game? There would be three different variants: Killmatch, Pointmatch, and Last Man Standing. Killmatch would be about who has the most kills at the end of about 10 minutes (or after every player is dead). In this mode, your kills don't count towards your total when you're "it" - this is to prevent one player from staying "it" the whole time so he can hog all the zombies. Pointmatch would be just like Killmatch, but whoever has the most points at the end wins. In this one, you don't earn points when you're "it". Last Man Standing is exactly what it sounds like: no time limit, just pure survival action. Last player alive wins.

I think it could be fun, stuff like Hobo posted are the seeds where fun ideas begin.

I like the idea of having a FFA mode alongside with the 4z4 mode. Not too sure what to think of the whole stick-a-monkey-to-another-player-to-kill-them part...

Would be fun to have a Zombies counterpart to the announced "Party Games" mode that will be in multiplayer.

Anyways, I thought about it, and I came up with the same realization that Living Dead did, that this would work better with a crossbow than with monkeys.

OK, here's the deal. Each players spawns in to a fully opened map with an M1911, a crossbow with infinite ammo, and 3500 points. The M1911 can be exchanged for any wall weapon the player can get to, but the crossbow can't be traded out.

10 seconds after the game starts, zombies will start coming (about round 10 health and speed). At the same time, one person at random will be chosen to become "it". When you're "it", all the zombies are attracted to you, and only you. This is dangerous, because in a FFA zombie mode, if you go down there's no one to revive you. Your crossbow becomes an Awful Lawton (still with infinite ammo), but doesn't work the way it usually does. Instead of attracting all zombies to it, an Awful Lawton bolt will simply explode like a normal crossbow bolt. The main goal is to shoot another player with it. Then they will become "it" and the zombies will stop going for you. You'll also get a 1000 point bonus for "tagging" another player.

Now, what's the goal of this game? There would be three different variants: Killmatch, Pointmatch, and Last Man Standing. Killmatch would be about who has the most kills at the end of about 10 minutes (or after every player is dead). In this mode, your kills don't count towards your total when you're "it" - this is to prevent one player from staying "it" the whole time so he can hog all the zombies. Pointmatch would be just like Killmatch, but whoever has the most points at the end wins. In this one, you don't earn points when you're "it". Last Man Standing is exactly what it sounds like: no time limit, just pure survival action. Last player alive wins.

I think it could be fun, stuff like Hobo posted are the seeds where fun ideas begin.

Aha, Brilliant idea.

But...

What does every one else do whilst you are it. Do we just follow the "it" person shooting all the zombies surrounding "it"

Maybe you could be not "it" and zombies ignore you, and your also not allowed any pick ups or perks. Until you pass your "it" onto another player where they lose their perks and guns.

So essentially 3 people are playing normal zombies (Maybe they spawn at x), but they must also avoid the "it" person (who spawns at Y)

The it person must rake up points and attempt to shoot the crossbow at another player.

Hmm haven't really thought it through, but thats my wee lil idea.

Now guys, let's not be rude. He's onto something here. He has the start of what could be a good game mode, he just hasn't fleshed out the details yet. (Plus, even if Treyarch did see this, they wouldn't actually use it if it sucked :lol: )

Lemme think on the beginnings of this concept and I'll try to come up with something uber-epictastic. :D

Agreed, this is how things get started and seeded (props to whoever said that, as of writing this i can't remember) ANYWAYS...So spreading this to the community for the CoDZ fans is the way to go. I understand discipline and explanations to some flaws people have, but to simply stating "THAT'S JUST PLAIIINNN STUPID!" is kinda unreasonable.

I like the idea but i think it 's needs alot more work. how about hot potato which could be a normal party game not zombies, where one player starts with a grenade and has to get rid of it by throwing it at another player before it explodes if you miss the player it bounces back to the player :)

I originally thought of this actually, decided that the adrenaline would be acceptable, but there's no brain munching zombies running after your existence!

SOOO, didn't think a whole much about this. I just thought of some game mode that would be fun.

If you think about it, what is the probability of you sticking Semtex on someone at random? Very low. How about of you see them and chuck it at them? Still low. You need a more accurate and reliable way of sticking people with the monkeys. I like the idea but it needs a lot of tweaking here and there.

Edit: this OP was quite an apostrophe! LOLOLOLOLLOL couldn't help it :lol:

"If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at other people it's in the Bible, look it up." -Tim Hawkins (HILARIOUS!) Look him up and don't like him? Who said there was two people that are exactly the same?

There would be a bigger range with throwing the monkey. In Modern Warfare 2, the throwing knife's cross-hares size was SMALL. With the Monkeys it would be considerably bigger.

Thank you fellow citizen! This, in my opinion, has SOME, BUT few flaws. Overall excellent idear. Props to you! Everybody's other ideas were good, but they were non-detailed, kinda like the original post. (OP) I wanted you guys to expand on the OP. Thanx!

Aha, Brilliant idea.

But...

What does every one else do whilst you are it. Do we just follow the "it" person shooting all the zombies surrounding "it"

Maybe you could be not "it" and zombies ignore you, and your also not allowed any pick ups or perks. Until you pass your "it" onto another player where they lose their perks and guns.

So essentially 3 people are playing normal zombies (Maybe they spawn at x), but they must also avoid the "it" person (who spawns at Y)

The it person must rake up points and attempt to shoot the crossbow at another player.

Hmm haven't really thought it through, but thats my wee lil idea.

Here is the one flaw i see. What do you do if you're not "It"? Avoiding the player is the big objective, but there needs to be another twist to not being "It."

Well, in Pointmatch and Killmatch, you would have to get close to the zombies in order to get your points/kills. However, this also means getting close to the "it", which means you risk getting shot with the crossbow. I can't really think of any other disadvantages to not being "it". That's kinda why you wanna aim to NOT be it :lol:

Well, in Pointmatch and Killmatch, you would have to get close to the zombies in order to get your points/kills. However, this also means getting close to the "it", which means you risk getting shot with the crossbow. I can't really think of any other disadvantages to not being "it". That's kinda why you wanna aim to NOT be it :lol:

I like it! No pun intended. Your goal is to avoid being "it" but you must let yourself be in close quarters with "it" to win.

How about just let us pick up each others monkeys in zombies? One person throws it down, and another picks it up to move all the zombies in for the fatal blow of a Thundergun or Wave Gun. I think it would make merging groups kind of fun. It would be hilarious playing as the guy who picks it up.

I like your idea though. The whole sticky bomb discussion could be solved by making the monkeys alive in this game. Live monkey zombies that "one of the crew" might have altered to work for "her", and strapped C4 to their backs. The monkeys could guide themselves to an extent and would increase your odds in this game. I would get great pleasure out of blowing up those freakin' rainbow primates. THEY ruined Ascension for me.

Just a thought I had. I would also like to have live monkeys in regular zombies. I'm still iffy as to whether or not I will like what happens once it leaves my hands, but throwing one of those little (CENSORED) would be amazing to me. :D