Please change this in black ops 2!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all I have to say about this, you guys are saying there might be a good player that could get really far if they had the time but honestly how can you not have the time? I went to school and on the weekend actually started on saturday, I got the world record on shi no numa. The guy I was playing with had work the next day and we still made it work. You guys probably only get to the 40s and stuff and think finding a match is fun. If they add a pause option then co-op would be easier than solo. You can get picked up whenever you need to by a teammate and you can pause it? Thats just to easy! imagane if you could pause ascension or moon. There would probably be hundreds of peopl with 99 on ascension. I dont care what you guys think but adding a pause option is a terible idea, thats what makes co-op harder than solo. Also if you dont have the time to play(which anyone should be able to make time for a game at least some time!!!)then just simply dont play for high rounds! The people that are good enough to get there anyways are normally the people that have time to play for a high round

I am 100% certain I could do a 99 in coop. I am even more certain that my life will never allow me to time to do it.

I can actually see some of what your point is. You just don't seem to accept that there really are people out there who could no way do this. I have a kid man, just over 2. On the off chance that I had enough time to spare if they were away, I still have many more priorities to enable me to play for 20+ hours in a row. I understand you could argue that these are choices, but with certain things they are not.

On top of this if I did manage to find 20 hours to spare, I would then need a suitable friend, who also has 20 hours to spend to do this. If I searched hard enough online I could find someone no doubt....but I wouldn't know them.

Who wants to play for 20 hours with someone you don't know. I have had 20 hour gaming sessions in the last year, it's just something I've never wanted to attempt. I did 5 back to back 40's a while back in Australia, coming close to this time limit. Yeah the exhaustion was horrible.....but, a down kinda sparked adrenaline back into both me and my partner, and enabled us to keep going.

I really do actually understand some of your point, but you are not believing the fact that certain people, be it through choice or circumstance won't ever be able to do this. I think that's why the guys are getting a bit riled about this, and ignoring the point you are trying to make.

I believe that what Yeti is saying, is that outside of the hackers less than 50 people in the world should be able to get to the 90s on a map in coop. He believes that the punishment for playing so long, the lack of sleep etc should mean that a very few can do this. The problem is the only people who will think that are those same 50 or so who are able to do this.

I suppose if you really care about the leaderboards that is a big thing.

The problem is you are coming across at best condescending, and at worse incredibly arrogant. I can be both those things at times, but generally never so bad, and I normally retract my statements pretty quickly.

Peace Yeti....I know it's frustrating for you, but there is a bigger picture here.

Exactly. There are so many awesome players on CoDz, but many of them don't have time to play. I mean, I go to boarding school, so whenever I get home I spend time with friends + family because I haven't seen them in ages - I won't go home, say "Hey, mum" and then go play a 20 hour game of zombies, it's about priorities in life.

Ok im sorry if it sounds like im saying that im the best but what I meant is before people found out about sleeper under ten teams had made it to the 90s on ascension and I was ranked just off the first page with 92. After sleepers over 40 people just somehow appeared on the leaderboards with 99. And honestly adding a pause option isnt going to change anything except make it easier for way more people to get insanely far. Also all zombies is at a certain point in your skill level is time! If I could pause I could actually go on FOREVER. Adding a pause button wouldnt make much of a difference anyways. Its not like you can stay in a game for a week without getting disconnected. All it would change is the players who are good enough to get to high rounds could have any round they wanted to. It would completely take away the challenge. Also I wasnt trying to say im the best I was just saying the people commenting saying stuff like they should add a pause option havent even been far in co-op. I understand that you have other stuff to do and dont have enough time and if that is the case then co-op is just not the thing for you! Just play solo. And if you want to play co-op then got to only a reasonable round that can be done in a short amount of time. Also it doesnt mean you have no life because you have 20+ hours to play it just means thats what you choose to do. I just like getting high on zombies.

I disagree with OP, they need to make it so 20+ hour games are impossible. The tedious running in circles is simply a game flaw that needs to be ironed out.

So people being good at zombies is a flaw? Do you propose there the a limit on how far we can go? That would defeat the purpose of zombies since they are supposed to overwhelm us with numbers.

Hgoat - on a map like Ascension, you can just run circles.

Try that on a map like Shang, just run the AK circle and it's a completely different thing.

On the OP - I might be repeating but I understand the concept of tiredness.

20 hours one time is harder than 10 hours twice.

I don't happen to agree with what you want, the no pause option, but I do really understand this point. I just believe that anyone who does do it over 2 days, in 2 10 hour session really could do it, certainly on a map like Ascension in 20 hours, they just choose not too.

I was speaking to someone today....him and a friend are going to go over 100 in co-op. I didn't think it was possible, he said that people don't do it simply because they are going to be on the leaderboard.

As he doesn't care about the leaderboard, he thinks it's better to go really high. He will be taking breaks for that.

What is more impressive to you -

Someone playing 12/15 hours a day for 4/5 consecutive days, or someone playing a single game for 20 hours?

I honeslty think going to 99 in one game with no breaks is more impressive then it would be to go to 100+ in 3 or 4 days. Its the same thing as going to 99 but just in the game for longer. And with sleeping breaks. Also with the 3 hours I went into the round for it to be high on the leaderboards I could have been probably on 104 or 105, I dont even believe anyones connection could hold in the same game for over 4 days so I dont believe that will even happen. I am just saying that only the people who just play for fun or dont get far anyways would like the pause option. Any player who has been to the 80s or 90s would think that would just make it to easy. I am just going to give up on this post now though because everyone is just saying the same thing over and over again. One last thing though, if they add a pause then some people will love it and it will make some people not even want to play the game anymore. If they dont add it then the people that love the game now will continue loving it, and the people that dont want a pause option will also continue loving it.

I disagree with OP, they need to make it so 20+ hour games are impossible. The tedious running in circles is simply a game flaw that needs to be ironed out.

So people being good at zombies is a flaw? Do you propose there the a limit on how far we can go? That would defeat the purpose of zombies since they are supposed to overwhelm us with numbers.

Personally I want the zombie mechanics to improve. I want the horde to be faster, than the human player.

I think that if they're faster, it would be too difficult to survive, as you would never be able to outrun them. Saying that, you could always get Stamin-Up.

That's the point its meant to be a survival game. Also instead of tracking the rounds, why not other stats, kills, downs, revives, other things that can added to a survival score.

Magna, I know it's a survival game, but having them as faster than the player would just make it impossible. I mean, could you imagine NML if the zombies were faster, or the narrow maps like Verruckt and Shang, it would be impossible for people to get above 30 in most cases.

What I'm saying is to make zombies a challenge, but not so difficult that only the best players enjoy it because they're the only ones who can get anywhere in it.

They had fast zombies on Verruckt at one point. From what I heard ages ago. Im not saying to make it impossible, but make it challenging. That's why they could track more than the round, since anyone can get to a high round, by running circles, and not being touched by the horde. Or whatever tactic people like to use.

I definitely want more stat tracking than simply Round, Points and Kills.

The super speedy guys on Verruckt were crazy, I mean above about round 20, you could be surrounded within seconds of them getting through a window. It also didn't help that they would glitch and just jump straight through a fully boarded window :evil:

Could you imagine a Full Speed Pentagon Thief chasing you? Now imagine there were 24 of them and they damage you instead. *shudders*

The fast zombies in WaW Verruckt are also in Call of the Dead (when George screams), the Screecher in Shangri-La (though I'd say it's slightly faster), and No Mans Land and Moon (no real cause of it).

Though in WaW Verruckt, they're obviously the most dangerous. What we've it being a small space and all. Plus it was a drastic change since WaW Nacht, the zombies being faster and stronger in just the second map made.

If you've got an LMG, they'll catch you. If you've got an Assualt Rifle or a Sniper (or I believe a Shotgun as well), than you'll have to keep sprinting to not have them catch you. If you've got an SMG, than you should be able to outrun them even.

I don't say make them too fast, just fast enough to keep up with the player, to an extent of course. But they are zombies... you can't expect it to be easy. If they had certain types, fast, and regular. That would be alright surely. It was just a suggestion.