Whats your opinion of the Astronaut?

5and5

My opinion of the Astronaut is that he is 3arc's WORST attempt at making a middle round boss. He has nothing to do with the story line and doesn't help you in any way. What he does do is prevents player from playing moon (a would be very well designed map without him) the way they want. For example in solo he makes training in tunnel 6 and 11 literally impossible which only leaves only two other options bio dome or spawn. Or in co op he makes camping just silly and training any were but the bio dome not work to well. Now that's not the only reason why I say he is the worst. Its also because of all the glitch's that come with him. Here lets make a list.

1. If you kill him to much then every time after when you throw a gersh he will start moon walking at you and not stop till you kill him.

2. You can use his grab to get under the map.

3. You use his explosion to get into invisibility spots.

4. You can use his teleportation powers with the pads in the bio dome, to get over the teleporter fence. Therefore setting up the greatest glitch of all time... Round Skipping Every Round!

5. Now here's the best one if you are in mid air when he spawns then he will stand in one place doing a dance on till you kill him. thanks 3arc :)

Now please tell me what you think of this slow walking, name/perk stealing, magically teleporting, untruly killable zombie in a space suit?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think the idea is simply stupid.

I like how he forces you to change paths ad such, but.. It seems he's trying too hard or something.

He explodes when dead, with no explanation as to why.

He teleports you, and steals a perk,by head butting you. again with no explanation as to HOW or why.

He also respawns in a flash of lightning with no, you get the idea.

Nothing in the map shows any kind of origin either. Not in a radio, or chart or anything like that.

The Cosmonaut/Astro-Zombie is a real toughy when it comes to the story. I think it's the only enemy that doesn't have an explanation to it's origins, or it's reappearances apart from the Pentagon Thief.

In Nazi Zombies lore, you only become a zombie after you have died and Element 115 is around you. I don't think it's the classic; zombie attacks you -> you become a zombie.

How did he die when there are no visible marks on the suit to suggest he did? The only thing I can think of is that he ran out of oxygen in his reserve tank, and just died. Than the 115 reanimated him.

Can it be considered the same one everytime? There is a different name above it's head everytime it's defeated, which may mean it's a different one each time. Only explanation I can think of right now.

Lets ignore all the glitches you talked about the astronaut because for a legit game we won't consider those.

Why do we have Astronaut that steals our perks and teleports us?

Well I simply think this map will be as easy as ascension without him. Imagine you guys just cooking max ammos in bio dome all day long. Too easy. Also I use him time to time to teleport myself and its fun.

You just need to know when to kill him if you have to. Example you just kill him using regular guns or QEDs right when you are running dry on ammo. This way he wont stop you from throwing gersches.

This is an easy map without him.

Just my opinion. I did not have any problems getting to round 50 co-op. I am sure if you know how to manage him he wont be such pain in the ass. You can easy tell his presence when he gets close to you and you can also escape his grip by being prepared.

I don't know or don't care how he goes with story line.

I believe what Treyarch tried to do with both George and the Astronaut is take people out of their comfort zones.

It always seems to me that one of the biggest complaints is that he stays where ever you are, meaning you can't just chill out in one simple spot.

Both George and the Astronaut I suppose reward players who are adaptable. You could lock him on the other side of Pi and run the spawn or tunnel 11 if he's too much of an issue.

Or you could keep moving kiting spots when he gets into your area.

This is what I sometimes do with George, I switch between middle floor of lighthouse and AK area.

And what Way said, Moon is the easiest map in my opinion, guaranteed ammo for life.

2 people co-op who know how to deal with him definitely makes it the easiest. If you don't know how to deal with him then I can see why you might not find it so easy.

I wouldn't mind so much if he didn't glitch out when you used Gersch Devices, which BTW is in no way linked to how often you kill him, he glitches out on me even though I never touch him, not a single bullet.

Also, I'm not a camper at all, but I don't like the fact that some mid-round bosses force people to keep on the move, people should be left to play as they wish.

My opinion of the astronaut is simple,"enough". I say enough because treyarch has to give a "boss" once in a while in every map. Pass bosses like creepy crawlers (not really)screamer zombie,napalm zombie,and the all time favorite George A. Romero from COTD and the cosmonaught. Treyarch probably made these bosses to mess up gamers a little u know? The probably didn't want the game to be too easy to get high rounds on . Basically my opinion of this moon boss is still and always will be "enough"