NML ultimate guide part 1 - spawns speed and limitations

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant mate, a great addition to the project ;) I think I've got my strategy down to WR level now, as you said it's the way they spawn that's gonna make or break the game and i'm just waiting for those rapid spawns in the first 3 minutes to give me that mega start.

Brilliant mate, a great addition to the project ;) I think I've got my strategy down to WR level now, as you said it's the way they spawn that's gonna make or break the game and i'm just waiting for those rapid spawns in the first 3 minutes to give me that mega start.

Mate I totally understand where you are coming from I've had it ready for about 6 weeks now, but then I've started doing a lot of other stuff and have kind of neglected it. Then when I play I tend to mess around trying new things 90% of the time. I've had one or two mega starts, I even had a 310 the other day 18 bullets left and then made a stupid mistake. That would have come mighty close I think, definitely 340 +

As I say in the video to actually do it and pull it off you have to be awesome from start to finish and the spawns have to match. It's a rare combination. The most frustrating thing I find is when I have a full group and just slightly mistime my doubleshot and hit a single dog and don't kill 1 zombie. It sucks. And for what I personally believe is the absolute maximum of 370 everything has to be perfect.

Yeah exactly that mate, I think my shot placement has been improving dramatically as of late so that helps a lot, but sometimes dogs just jump in the way unexpectedly and absorb all of the impact, if that happens a few times a game you're gonna lose about 20 off your kill total.

Did you see that 305 kill teleporter strategy vid I put up? It was a tough cookie to crack, as you know I wanted to do it some time ago, but since I've improved my starting strategy I'm sure it's now something I could pull of consistently, there are no dogs up there obviously so I can fully rely on myself to make the shots count without hoping the mutts don't screw it up.

In the first few minutes you had mentioned the dogs being problematic, I see almost all of my fail attempts to being dog related. Either that 2nd grenade being absorbed by the dogs, or too close and end up killing myself, or MS being absorbed by dogs too close and dying that way. Any advise for the lesser players? Anything will help.

Yes Jay that is the biggest problem with the second grenade, the dogs. You can sometimes manage them into the group with the correct kiting path....I don't know if it comes across like this to you but my paths always look kinda erratic, as if I'm kinda stumbling around lost. Well that's me trying to manipulate the dogs AI and physics to ensure they are at the back or side when I release the grenade. If they are at the front you are screwed. Well, you can survive but say goodbye to those easy additional stabs and shot kills. Seriously, a dog can cost you at this point up to 10 immediate kills and 1000 points.

I've been doing some more testing.....after the first grenade is 'clear' only go for dogs. Just get rid of them ASAP. And now try not to kill any zombies. Wait until you have the pack, and then unleash at chest rather than head height. You are sacrificing a couple of slightly earlier kills for some good reasons -

If you kill close to the second grenade, know that one is spawned somewhere and likely to bite you in the arse as you are dazed.

But even worse is when a dog spawns in a really inappropriate location compared to you and at best you delay your grenade, at worse you don't even live to see the damage!