50 + Ascension Strategy?

Hey I'm wondering about going for a 50+ game on Ascension again today, after my last attempt was utterly foiled by a major connection lag.

But I don't know which strategy to use:

A) One guy runs Centrifuge/Spawn and one guy runs Flopper, and run simultaneously. One guy buys M14/MPL ammo and uses centrifuge as a trap. Other guy uses MP5k and takes them through the PaP trap.

or

B) Two people run by PaP. One outside jumping of that ledge, running around, jumping down, etc. And one in the launch silo itself and then they merge trains and ThunderGun them, and when that's out of ammo, use the trap.

So which one do you think is going to work faster and more efficiently?

or is there another strategy that's better than these?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Kinda surprised, because there's like 4 windows, and they can jump down.

I still don't think that's the best area, tight spaces like that aren't really the best for me personally.

But yeah, I recommend a combo. Two people in PaP might get a little too hectic... probably doesn't even out the zombies as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Really? Kinda surprised, because there's like 4 windows, and they can jump down.

I still don't think that's the best area, tight spaces like that aren't really the best for me personally.

But yeah, I recommend a combo. Two people in PaP might get a little too hectic... probably doesn't even out the zombies as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

just stick to the lander spot where it's open, and if you must you can spread them out by running to the left side of the centrifuge. It's not hard really.

Spawn is one of the easier areas IMO.

For a 2 player game I'd always go with one at the spawn and one at Flopper, if you have both the spawn doors open and one player goes down, he can tell his team mate which way the zombies are going and the team mate can go the other way to revive without running into the downed player's horde.

For example, the Flopper runner goes down. He watches where his horde runs, and sees they are running towards the auto-turret. So the player reviving can then use the Juggernog stairs to get to his teammate safely.

Now that I think about it, one side of the centrifuge is fairly open, so that isn't the issue, but the other side is fairly narrow. Then again, I haven't used that area, so I wouldn't know.

Spawn is one of the easier areas IMO.

For a 2 player game I'd always go with one at the spawn and one at Flopper, if you have both the spawn doors open and one player goes down, he can tell his team mate which way the zombies are going and the team mate can go the other way to revive without running into the downed player's horde.

For example, the Flopper runner goes down. He watches where his horde runs, and sees they are running towards the auto-turret. So the player reviving can then use the Juggernog stairs to get to his teammate safely.

I generally only open one of the juggernog doors, so it's easier to defend. Preferably, I make it so that I can defend revive and juggernog at the same time. If I open the second door, the strategy fails. That's the only bad thing about that part.

So far the trains I had with my 4 round 50 games on ascension.

1. Flopper and spawn split - traps and centrifuge)

2. flopper and turret merge thindergun by mp5k

3. Pap and turret merge by pap

4.flopper and junk yard split - traps

If one of you is good in kiting I'd go for 2 or 3. Both will get you to 50 in less than 4 hours

Got to 50 earlier in around 4 and a half hours.

Until about round 40 I ran PHD with the Thundergun and the other gun ran around with the crossbow using traps. The rounds started taking ages around round 43 so we started doing the merging strategy, it worked very well and rounds up to 50 took about 20 minutes (including the time it took for the other guy to get his perks back after getting downed). If your partner gets downed then keep a horde and run them around whilst they buy them back.

Our strategy was that I ran around inside the silo area with the Thundergun, and he ran around by the box spawn in the same area with Awful Lawton. Once we both had our full trains we chose the right time so that we both run and meet eachother at the same time, and in doing so our trains merge perfectly. The I kill them with the Thundergun, rinse and repeat. Worked very well and at the end of the game I had 3 downs and he had 8.

There was also a merging strategy that Tom and myself used to get to 60, both at the PhD Lander.

Tom would sit at the back with an Awful Lawton in hand in case of emergency, taking on a few zombies. I was running a figure of 8 at the front by the stairs taking on the rest of them, we'd then merge them and I'd blast them with the Thundergun. Sometimes if he had about 1 or 2 he'd just kill them with the Ray Gun.

You can also ahve both players use the spawn, one using the little area by QR and the other using the lander area, this would most likely be the quickest strategy there is seeing that the spawn is the quickest area I've used.

Or if you want to get there in about 2 hours you can both sit by the lander in spawn and just kill them off with ray guns as they come. This is called spawn killing because you kill zombies as they spawn. That way rounds dont take forever to do. And once you get to 40 start using this merging strategy jvmLFwTg5X0

A different strategy: probably not faster but perhaps easier if one of the players isn't great at kiting; would involve one player cycling between the swamp and the turret near spawn, using the AK74 trap. While the other person cycles between Flopper/MP5 (wherever most comfortable) and PaP area, using the PaP trap. In the swamp area, it is easy to progress through the early rounds quickly with a few different flop spots accompanied with a raygun to finish them off. Because of this, I recommend the other player use the Thundergun until ammo is low and then the traps.

Communicate when you are killing off your zombies and try to stay synchronized when running separated strategies.

Way's #2 strategy may be a little challenging, but it is very fast. I saw it on his livestream. (oddly enough the first time I went to his channel)

@yeti 2 hours to get to round 50, by spawn killing with rayguns until round 40? I don't mean to call you out, it just seems a bit far-fetched.