HK21 or RPK?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But will you actually use an HK21 or RPK beyond Round 100? In high Rounds, I just use a Wonder Weapon and a random point weapon (not counting Mule Kick). When the point weapon runs out of ammo, I get a new gun out of the Box and go again and just use whatever it gives me.

Oh and thanks about the Thundergun part. If it isn't going too far off-topic, I'd like to expound a bit on that, because I've never had an opportunity to explain this to someone:

Yes, with the Thundergun, it is only useful at short ranges, that is just a prerequisite to killing with it. Just as if if the rule was "Press A before you fire", the Thundergun has a rule "Be close when you fire". All I'm saying with that is that the Thundergun has a POTENTIAL ability to kill 336 Zombies.

The Scavenger isn't counted like the majority of the Wonder Weapons, since it has a damage cap, like the Ray Gun. It's just really high. The Ray Gun does 270,000 TMD un-upgraded while the Scavenger does 108,880, but this number is misleading since they are explosive weapons. Multiply the number by however many Zombies you hit, which will be a lot more for the Scavenger. Also, the Scavenger does do infinite damage until Round 35.

Some more Fixed Killing Capacities:

1152 = The Fractalizer

796 = Max Wave Gun / Porter's Zap Guns

720 = 31-79 JGb215

672 = Zeus Cannon

416 = Wave Gun / Zap Guns

360 = Wunderwaffe DG-3

336 = Thundergun

180 = Wunderwaffe DG-2

24 = V-R11 Lazarus

12 = V-R11

• 1 month later...

Techniquely the hk is a better point gun than the rpk, just because it has more ammo, its that simple. However, I voted rpk (breaking the tie :) ) because I am impatient, and using up all of the hk's ammo can take a long time, where when using the rpk, it takes significantly less. Either way, I normally prefer an smg to either, because of the higher mobility. Surviving is more important than points for me.

HK. Not only is it more powerful, it racks up more points. Better than the RPK in every aspect except rate of fire, which isn't a necessity when you're looking for a good gun. Don't believe me? Take a look at the Spectre. The only good thing about that gun is it's rate of fire.

Now, compare the Spectre to the Commando, and there you have it, this RPK v HK21 thread in a nutshell. High rate of fire 'does not a good gun make', which is essentially the only counter-argument to the fact that the RPK is better.

HK. Not only is it more powerful, it racks up more points. Better than the RPK in every aspect except rate of fire, which isn't a necessity when you're looking for a good gun. Don't believe me? Take a look at the Spectre. The only good thing about that gun is it's rate of fire.

Now, compare the Spectre to the Commando, and there you have it, this RPK v HK21 thread in a nutshell. High rate of fire 'does not a good gun make', which is essentially the only counter-argument to the fact that the RPK is better.

Spectre - Commando is nothing like RPK v HK21. The Commando has over double the ammo, double the damage, and fire pretty quickly itself at 750 rpm.

The RPKs high rate of fire makes it preferable because it can kill faster that way, which is very important. And getting more shots quickly means you get points quicker and you have to spend less time turned around shooting your horde for points. I find that fire rate very useful. The low recoil helps too.

Spectre - Commando is nothing like RPK v HK21. The Commando has over double the ammo, double the damage, and fire pretty quickly itself at 750 rpm.

The RPKs high rate of fire makes it preferable because it can kill faster that way, which is very important. And getting more shots quickly means you get points quicker and you have to spend less time turned around shooting your horde for points. I find that fire rate very useful. The low recoil helps too.

It's essentially the same principles, however. The damage gap between them is nowhere near as large as the gap you specified, the difference is 60, which is nowhere near double. The HK has, effectively, 125 more bullets than the RPK, so it is quite a large difference, even if my comment was hyperbole.

High rate of fire will mean nothing when you've managed to reach round 40+, and when you look at it, the upgraded HK does nearly twice as much as the upgraded RPK damage-wise. It's higher damage and ammo capacity pays off for it's slow rate of fire (which is circumvented by Double-Tap), but even then, as the rounds go on, the higher rate of fire becomes too trivial, especially with a gun that doesn't really have the power to use it, which makes the HK a better gun.