The Ehjookayted Strategy Pack

The Ehjookayted Strategy Pack

Hey guys, I'm in the process of organizing the guides and such, but since I've already got mine organized; here's a comprehensive package of my strategy guides- almost as a teaser for the Master Zombies Guide. Have fun looking through what I've done :) Look for the hardest hitting guide to come yet! Special thanks to Superhands, ChopperNator and FatalRampage for sending me their BBCodes! Shoutout to Tom852 as well, who has committed his YouTube videos for use.

Table of Contents

1. How to Be a Good Zombies Player

2. Hardest Zombies Map

3. Extended Perk Analysis

4. No Man's Land Survival Guide

5. Ultimate Ascension Tutorial

If you want to find a guide, simply press CTRL+F and then type in the title. Ehjookayted out!

--------------------------------------------------------------

How to Be a Good Zombies Player

Hello everyone, Ehjookayted AKA EyeCntSpel here to bring you my most in-depth and probably most helpful guide yet. In here, I will discuss the various things required to become a great zombies player not only in solo, but also in Multiplayer. I will talk about the various tips to stay alive, including tips that can get you to 40 every time you pick up a controller and load up solo as well as the best tips for breezing through to 30 in co-op. Map by map strategies are not provided in detail but they should apply to every map and will be judged.

I make these guides for you, using what I know from my many days of playing, compiling it all together to increase the power of the zombies community, making sure that everyone can have fun getting to at least round 25. Because, in all honesty, if we want to beat Multiplayer in popularity, we should demonstrate that all our skills are on a level nonexistent within this terrestrial realm. This strategy guide will help the best it can, but in the end, it is you, the player, who controls when you die, how you die, and if you even die at all (just kidding). Good luck and enjoy the ride. :D

Much Love,

Ehjookayted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is a rather long guide, so I’ve integrated a nice CTRL + F search feature, table of contents.

1. What do I need to know about zombies? [$WHAT]

2. General Solo Strategies [$SOLO]

3. How to Kite [$KITE]

4. How to be a Good Teammate [$TEAM]

5. Loose Ends [$ENDS]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pathway to Excellence

What do I need to know about Zombies? [$WHAT]

Hey there! So you’re interested in knowing what makes zombies tick, how they do what they do? Let’s break it down for you. Essentially, the zombies get harder to kill every round, spawn faster every round and grow in number every round. Of course Treyarch wouldn’t make this random, so guess what? There’s a formula! Multiple, actually. And these formulas should help you to gauge certain things (when a weapon stops being effective, what weapons you should have by when, and basically, how long a round should take). Ever since I discovered these formulas (and a big thank you to whoever figured these out), I’ve found that I play more strategically and am better at zombies in general. Let’s get into it.

The Formulas

For zombie health: The basic formula is that the health goes up until 950 at round 10. Afterwards, that number is multiplied by 1.1, and that number by 1.1 every subsequent round. Essentially, you will be facing zombies with 7000 or so health by round 30.

For zombies spawning: The number of zombies for one player (that can be on the map at one time) is 24. It increases by 6 for each player. Therefore, with a 4-player game, that number is 42. Now, time for a little math. Thanks to way2g00 and BinText for working this out. The old formula was the round number * .15 * the number of zombies. This was proven wrong, and here is the chart done by DuckCall00 to show the numbers.

There can only be 24 zombies in the map at one time. Reserve zombies come in when existing ones are killed.

-

We have been unable to find the true Zombies per Round formula by searching through game files. However, BinText has created working formulas based on observation. They are accurate after Round 10.

Singleplayer- 0.0842 * (R)^2 + 0.1954 * (R)+22.05
2 Players- 0.1793 * (R)^2 + 0.0405 * (R) + 23.187
3 Players- 0.262 * (R)^2 + 0.301 * (R) + 33.114
4 Players- 0.3462 * (R)^2 + 0.4964 * (R) + 43.164

Below is a spreadsheet displaying how many Zombies appear each round:

-

On the 1st and 2nd Dog round there will be 6x as many Dogs as there are players.

On all subsequent Dog rounds there will be 8x as many Dogs as there are players.

For drops: Drops, according to our friend DuckCall00, a masterful researcher of zombie mechanics.

A Power-up will drop at a cumulative 2000 Team Points. However, every round that number is multiplied by 1.14.

No matter how many Players are in a game, you get 50 individual pts. for a kill.

In a 2-Payer game you earn 45 Team Points per kill.

In a 3-Payer game you earn 35 Team Points per kill.

In a 4-Payer game you earn 30 Team Points per kill.

You get a 80 pt. bonus for killing a Zombie with a Melee.

You get a 50 pt. bonus for killing a Zombie with a Headshot.

You get a 20 pt. bonus for killing a Zombie with a Neck Shot.

You get a 10 pt. bonus for killing a Zombie with a Torso Shot or Limb Shot.

There can be up to four drops per round.

For a Carpenter power-up to spawn there needs at least 5 windows destroyed

For a Fires Sale to spawn the box needs to have moved.

The Fire Sale, Bonfire Sale, Insta-kill, Double Points, and Death Machine all last for 30 seconds.

If you are past Round 10 and a Max Ammo is about to drop, the game will run the following equation:

(Round Number -10) x 5

If that number is greater then a Random Number 0-99, a new Power-up will be chosen. However, it could also be a Max Ammo. Therefore, after Round 29 it will always attempt to choose a new Power-up.

If you are past Round 15 and a Power-up is about to drop, the game will run the following formula:

(Round Number -15) x 5

If that number is greater then a Random Number 0-99, nothing will drop.

Thanks to DuckCall for that explanation; he’s a great hard-working zombie researcher. Interpreting that, we can easily see that if we use a points gun, or re-usable wall gun, we will be rolling in the drops to a certain extent. After those rounds, however, the conventional ways of killing zombies and getting drops won’t work. So, you’ll be less likely to get that Max Ammo or Fire Sale. However, in my experience, always having a points gun never hurts so why not?

Now that you have formulas out of the way, we can begin to talk about how to excel at zombies.

General Solo Strategies [$SOLO]

Staying Alive

The objective of zombies is to stay alive and not die, right? Many people still struggle with this and the road to round 20 seems like a struggle to survive rather than the beginnings of a great run. These tips will help you stay alive when you cannot and improve your overall game.

Keep Moving

I cannot stress this enough. In areas where there is no protection (an unopened door or multiple entrance points), you need to keep moving back and forth and around. Getting trapped in a bad area spells immediate death even with Juggernog, so the chances of survival are limited. The best players always avoid these areas, so don’t think that this is just a tip for newer players. It is a tried and true rule of zombies.

Bad areas include (but are not limited to) the front of the PM63 room in Kino, any of the lab rooms in Five, the front area with the MP40 on Call of the Dead, the Mud Room in Shangri-La. Remember, you move faster than sprinting zombies (not electrocuted ones, however) while walking with your pistol/Ray Gun out. Movement is perhaps the best of all strategies and kiting is essentially scripted movement combined with reaction time. Once you learn movement, to not stop and shoot at the top of those stairs with a spawn behind, you will find yourself going down less and contributing more positively to your team or your survival.

Shooting While Backtracking

This is an area with which many players struggle. In my experience, people who move a lot will still go down while shooting moving backwards. While it may seem enticing at first, the thing is that people tend to ADS when moving back and shooting and this slows you down considerably, so much so that, the zombies catch up to you in no time at all. If you hipfire, it becomes less of an issues, but the main issue is that people don’t hipfire.

While some may say, “How can shooting while moving back be a bad thing? I see good players do it all the time!” That may be true, but good players never shoot backwards and run themselves into a corner or shoot backwards whilst all the zombies are spawning. However, that is a main cause of our downs. So the best advice is to only stop and then shoot, unless you are running a tight circular train where you will want to circle around and hip fire only! The fact of the matter is that you move slower while moving backwards and ADS so hipfire is the best in any situation. Furthermore, with the way I will advise you to play, hipfiring is not seen as a waste of ammo but rather a blessing.

Don’t Run into Corners!

Now I don’t how you all play multiplayer, but running into corners is an absolute no in zombies! The zombitches will come from all different sides: front, side, side. Sure you can get away with corner camping until round 9 or 10, but afterwards you’re nothing but dead. Getting cornered is bad enough when trying to revive or run a tight train but forcing yourself into a corner is an absolute NO (yes, I had to say it again). Think about it like this, corners equal death and death can make you lose all your perks, and in multiplayer a death in an obscure corner can lead to you bleeding out, resulting in something just completely terrible: the loss of all perks, guns and good percentage of your points. Once you can learn these tactics of staying alive and can get your downs to 5 or 6 in a 25 round game, you’ll want to get that down to 3 or 4 by not only avoiding bad situations, but dodging the inevitable ones (literally). Zombies can be unpredictable and this is where dodging comes into play.

Dodging Zombies

Dodging is a highly advanced tactic and takes practice and patience.

Sprint Jumping: Your Best Friend

This is a tactic that not a lot of people talk about, but it is one that you repeatedly see in the world records for No Man’s Land. It involves sprinting and then jumping while you are sprinting, to avoid the reach of zombies. Now when you do this, make sure, as you jump, your analog stick is pointed straight ahead or away from the zombie(s). Same deal goes for keys on the PC. I have found that while living on a red screen or on two hits, this technique beats normal dodging tactics any day of the week. However, it requires practice, as your reflexes will take time to develop. Don’t get mad if it doesn’t work at first.

Maybe you’re jumping at the wrong time or overusing the technique. High-level zombies play, in the end, comes down to a simple action-reaction tug of war. The zombies win in the end, but preventing them from victory for 50 rounds sure is a ton of fun. The best way to do that, undoubtedly, would be the well-known strategy of kiting/training. More on that later.

The Screen Shake

This technique will make you look so pro when you use to save your life when you’re red-screened. All you need to do is jolt your right analog stick back and forth while passing a zombie or a group of zombies. This turns your character ever so slightly, that the zombies will change direction/change animations and nearly 100% of the time, not hit you. Now, it does take practice and I wouldn’t recommend this (as it’s kind of like last resort mode) if you have another way out, but for general dodging at full health, I highly suggest you try it out. If you watch closely at some of the best players in the world, you’ll find that they use this multiple times to get out of sticky situations. Don’t rush and get frustrated when you are mindlessly swinging your stick around! Be patient and you’ll learn the technique.

Tip: beware what sensitivity you play on and don’t adjust it immediately; test the tactic out and then switch.

The Sidestep

The sidestep is perhaps the easiest dodge to learn, the hardest to master. This is running right in front of the oncoming zombie and then dodging immediately to your right or left to avoid getting trapped. If you are in a narrow corridor, you should be able to use this effectively to your advantage. Beware, this technique tends to fail me and most others on staircases. When faced with a tight staircase and a zombie, you’ll need a bit of screen-shaking and sprint jumping (maybe even luck) to make it through. However, the sidestep/quick dodge is a valuable technique in surviving the waves of the undead and should be applied where applicable.

The Cut-back

Not only one of the best dodging tactics, but a highly advanced training tactic as well. This technique should be used when round a corner full of zombies; your best option would be to turn back. Go to the towards the zombies then cut all the back where you have the open space. It is a bit hard to describe so here is an illustration of the cut-back:

The Drag-out

The drag out is an exploitation of zombie animations so that you can easily get by one or two zombies. First of all, you should have a lengthy (or short) but most importantly, reasonably far train from you. This is for kiting only, but even without a train, this works. You see the zombies, move back and let them approach your side (you want it to seem like you are pulling the zombies towards you, when in reality, you are dragging them out). Now you can zoom right past them using either sprinting or sprint jumping! Here is an illustration of that:

The Cut and Drag: Escape Route

The cut and drag is a very complex route that you can use to escape certain death. It is a combo of cutting back then dragging out to escape the clutches of death!

How to Kite [$KITE]

Kiting is the way to ensure high rounds and beast mode in zombies. It is called kiting because when you fly a kite, it comes behind you, as do the zombies when you kite them. Kiting is the proven way to do well in zombies. There are many ways to kite around the zombies and here I will talk about the various types of trains.

Basic Kiting

Basic kiting is a tool that you should use no matter what; you’ll probably even use it accidentally sometimes (like the first time you play a map). The essential part of kiting is getting the zombies to all follow you. What I like about this is that it’s not hard at all! On a map like Kino der Toten, if you just ran around the whole map, you’d kite the zombies behind you. It’s that simple! And if you can do that, you’d just need a safe place to start shooting the zombies.

Another way to use kiting in its most basic form is to stick to a set, usually larger route and then stop to shoot when it’s safe. Here is an example of basic kiting:

Advanced Kiting

So as you can probably tell, advanced kiting is more difficult but faster and more rewarding than basic kiting. If you want to get to high rounds, you’re going to want to save time. Advanced more difficult kiting is the way to go! It can be a challenge to do well at first, but you’ll get the hang of it eventually. The best way to get better at running trains is practice!

Advanced kiting usually requires some dodging, good spawn and map knowledge so it definitely isn’t for beginners.

Various Train Types

Here I’ll get into the different types of trains that people run. Some are better than others, some more fun.

The Circle

Nothing but a simple circle. This train is extremely easy to run, may require some dodging, but you usually won’t down unless you mess up or lag. The great part about this is that the zombies join your train without any work. However, ADS is a bit risky so hipfire is recommended. A great example of circle train is the bottom of the lighthouse on Call of the Dead or the Claymore Loop on Moon. These are two easy yet great spots for point building. The only thing I have to suggest is to not sprint at all, unless you’re about to get trapped. The reason for this is because if the circle isn’t big enough, the zombies will come around the other side and it won’t be pretty at all.

Figure 8

A good train for anyone to run. The hardest trains to run can be smaller versions of an 8 train. A good example of this could be the train on Kino as well as the lobby on Kino. The outside lighthouse on Call of the Dead could be a figure 8 as well. Limited risk for downing when you know what you’re doing. This is what you want to do when you need points for sure.

S Train

The S train is as simple as it sounds; however, in execution it requires much dodging as well as practice in getting used to. When you do perfect the S train, you can never worry about getting hit or doing well to help you and your team. A great example of this S train can be the stage on Kino, the lighthouse front of COTD as well as the Flopper lander on Ascension. Specifically the lander on Ascension- an S eliminates any risk of getting hit as well as provides a comfortable place to shoot. This way of running the lander makes Ascension the easiest map.

The Multi Cut Back Train

The multi cut back train is one of the most advanced trains there is to run. It requires skill, concentration and movement. If you are new, or even a bit experienced, you will find a train like this hard. This shouldn’t be a go to train for points, but one that you can use to horde zombies quickly. It’s dangerous but fast and should be a great way to horde up the zombitches for a quick Wave Gun or Thundergun blast. Notice how there are no “shoot” points on the diagram. That’s for good reason. Also, notice the turn back option. This is here in case the zombies coming from head on are too many and a cut back is too risky. You’ll need a quick escape route and that should be it. Examples of this train are the area near turret near the stairs in Ascension as well as the swamp in No Man’s Land.

Crescent Train

The crescent train is one that you’ll actually find pretty common in zombies. It’s primarily a horde then hipspray train, but in the larger locations, such as the Lander and PaP area in Ascension, you can choose to run one of these. There’s not much practice required to get this train right, but if you want to do it in tighter locations, such as No Man’s Land, then you’ll want to spend some time running these. Overall, an excellent intermediate train.

Route Running

Route running doesn’t have a picture to go along with it, since there are multiple routes that one can run, but essentially you stick to a long, drawn out route that requires some skill, dodging, and practice, but is fairly safe and has two or three wall weapons with which to kill zombies! Overall, you’ll want to run set routes on smaller maps, such as Verruckt, Five and Shangri-La.

How to be a Good Teammate [$TEAM]

The Teammate Set-Up

If you want to be a good teammate, reviving, keeping everything all right in the crew, here’s what you’ll need.

-Juggernog

-Quick Revive

-PhD Flopper/Double Tap

-Stamin Up/Speed Cola

-Mustang & Sally/Krauss Refibrillator/Special Wonder Weapon

-MP5K/MPL/MP40/AK74u/Thompson/STG-44/Type 100

-Monkeys/Gersches/Dolls

Alright so Jugg and QR are pretty self-explanatory. PhD Flopper and Stamin Up are the true teammate perks. With Mustang and Sally plus these two, you’ll run fast and be able to protect yourself and your teammates with ease. If you’re playing an older map, go for the Thundegun or primary wonder weapon. Chances are, it’ll do wonders to save you and your teammates. Monkeys and Gersches are always the best for reviving someone. Great teammates also horde points but not kills so that if need be, they can down themselves to give a player points. A good wall weapon will do this. Watch your points and revives go up. That’s the basics of a good teammate; with this set-up you can’t go wrong.

Horde then Revive

Don’t be stupid and run into your teammate’s horde, killing yourself. When a teammate goes down near you, wait for their zombies to run to you then horde them all up. Even without QR, if you sprint after hording, you should get your teammate with no more than two hits.

Nit Picking

-Communicate

Everyone hates someone who doesn’t communicate and has a mic. Max Ammos need to be called out, as do nukes. Establish precedents with your teammates. Let them know what you do, why you do it. Revives are made, lives are saved, games are saved, with good communication!

-Don’t Steal Kills

Especially during early rounds, don’t take your teammates’ kills. You all need points for survival and insurance. It’s just a bad thing to do. In higher rounds, you may have a routine where you can kill your teammate’s zombies, but if you use explosives, kill crawlers! They can seriously mess up trains if you let them loose.

-Don’t Horde the Box

The Mystery Box isn’t all that important for good teammates, since Mustang and Sally and training skills are the best things needed! Besides, spend that dough on your perks, in later rounds, shoot for the Ballistic Knife or Crossbow if you can get it. Monkeys and things of that nature are also appreciated for revival and survival.

Use a Lesser Known Arsenal

What weapons are underrated, truly useful and perform optimally in many a situation?

The first weapon is indeed: The AK74u

Oh, the beauty of the SMG. Points galore with this weapon, unlimited ammo, a pure zombie shredder until round 20. Upgraded till the mid 30s. This gun is amazing. Since drops are based on points, this gun will get you plenty of nukes and insta-kills to destroy zombies all the more easy. Thank me later when you're at round 40 getting insta-kills and nukes.

Number 2: The Awful Lawton

No Thundergun to save your butt? No problem! The upgraded crossbow comes with 13 chances at a second life, as well as 13 monkeys to save your buddies. While this cannot eliminate zombies with ease, you can jump up and shoot it away from you when you're stuck and then you become unstuck! The lag is deceptive in multiplayer however, so downing after shooting can be possible.

Number 3: Mustang & Sally

DLC made these bad boys possibly the best weapons in the game. Zombie veterans will rush to get these PaP'd by round 10. PhD Flopper is a must of course. Only reason these aren't higher is the lack of use on Kino and Five. Shoot your feet when stuck. Fire one bullet on insta-kill into your train and BOOM. Keep your ray gun and these, as in Co-op, downing (or downing yourself) gets you double ammo for your weakest pistol and in the game's eyes M and S is less than Ray Gun. Little did Treyarch know, these bad boys just got OP baby.

Number 4: M72 Anarchy

50 shots of auto-fire rocket launching. Reduced splash damaged, increased mobility, makes this weapon of great use on all maps. However, it's use in later rounds can screw you over, as the crawlers it makes are mighty strong. The destructive power, however, makes this a great get from the box when you need it. Avoid on Kino and Five unless on solo. PhD required.

Number 5: The Spas-24

It's like a mini-Thundergun. It destroys zombies quite easily, reloads all in one, and sounds sick. Pick this guy out of the box and go to town. Great breakthrough gun for anyone. Low ammo count makes this lower than the others.

Number 6: The EPC WN

Winning! The regular version is awesome on round 20, still. PaP'd is a different story. Deadshot or not, this machine is a headshot churner. You rack up blowing brains out with this thing. 3 round burst doesn't waste ammo when shooting into a train and the recoil is nonexistent. Have fun with this gun. Reflex sight helps too.

Number 7: Calamity and Jane

Fully auto pistols with a tendency for multitudes of headshots even without Deadshot? Hell yes please. These guys never let you down unless you start outworking them. Use 'em when you get them out of the box. They tear through zombies, but can waste ammo during camping strategies. For ultimate survival, they break through quite well.

So there you have it, 5 box weapons to pick up if you can PaP them. A wall weapon to always look for and your starter pistol. If you're having trouble getting your Ray Gun and get one of these instead, keep it for a round and use the PaP version. You might be surprised.

Loose Ends [$ENDS]

So thanks for reading this far! What do you want to know? Well, in 4 player games, you can adjust strategies for more expeditious revivals. Different set-ups and classes should be used for each player, playing to that person’s strength. For example, the best player should rarely need to use a wonder weapon other than a Ray Gun. You’ll want your best player to not revive unless absolutely necessary, as they should be able to handle hording and distracting zombies while your teammate gets back in the game.

These are tips to be good. How do you become great? You need to learn all these rules, tips and strategies first. Then you can combine and even break them. For example, once you’ve learned how to predict spawns, you can shoot moving backwards in certain areas. This creates great opportunities for points, since your aim will be better. Furthermore, certain dodging techniques need to be combined for success in places such as NML. A sprint, shake, jump can be a great resource in maneuvering that territory.

Lastly, be creative! You’ll need some creativity in weapon choice, perk selection as well as route running for when things go wrong. Take some initiative in taking risks. Often times, they pay off. Play more aggressive if you’re losing the battle for kills. Challenge yourself in zombies because that’s the only way to truly become great.

Hardest Zombies Map

Let's settle the discussion once and for all.

What is the hardest zombies map? First of all, let us decide what makes a zombie map hard.

Here's the basic list-

-How many people you're playing with

-Spaces for kiting

-Weaponry

-Ability to get more than 4 perks

-Special zombie types

-Traps

-Escape routes

-Perks

-Dependence on box

Now for playing anything other than solo, the list grows (add to first):

-Reliance on teammates

-Camping spots

-Revive routes

-Ability to survive on one's own

Now, that should be all. Let's take a look at the list. DOA, while extremely fun, is too unlike the other maps to be compared. Note: I will update this list as I play the maps more. Only played the 5 Rezurrection ones a few times (PS3 owner) but have seen many videos of all maps.

-Kino der Toten

-Five

-Nacht der Untoten

-Verruckt

-Shi no Numa

-Der Riese

-Ascension

-Call of the Dead

-Shangri-La

-Moon

Kino der Toten

First BLOPS map, and everyone's sentimental favorite. The good, old THEATER OF THE DEAD.

What makes it easy:

The stage. That's all there is to be said, really. Running around the stage on solo nets you easy high rounds, without even having to Box, with the M16 right there on the wall, plus claymores for you to stack. Now, the Thundergun just makes this map too much of a cakewalk on solo.

Going past 1 player adventures, there are other kiting areas or routes which you can run (lobby, full circle, speed cola room, alley). There are great camp spots (fire pit room, PM63 back). You don't need teammates here. You can PaP on your own and the box hogs you'll inevitably play with in randoms can have fun going down while you get a nice MP40 and AK74u point build-up. If you have to clutch a round, you can easily run a full loop or make use of the stage. Perks are the original four. Not much of a problem getting any of them. Jugg can be difficult mid-round however.

Dogs get you Max Ammo and are a good break round. Buying all 4 perks never really hurts. So many traps for high round strategies.

What makes it hard:

Be careful, you can get stuck on the furniture rather easily and zombies like to spawn behind you. There are many staircases and these can spell certain death. The Nova crawlers are annoying and not being able to see really messes you up if all the zombies aren't behind you. The people without the Thundergun/Awful Lawton can't save themselves. Cluttering the stage leads to certain death.

Overall, this is a great map for beginners and offers a fairly easy time.

Difficulty: 6.5/10

Five

Fun little, and I mean little, map, with your favorite political figures of the 60s!

What makes this map easy:

Camping spots galore. The PaP room is perfect and the elevator works well also. A large circle to run in 2 players and on solo. Walking and running combination makes this map easy. Easy to get Juggernog is another great thing. That's about it. Not too many easy things. Don't need to rely on teammates for much. Elevator can be a good escape route.

What makes this map hard:

LOTS. Tight spaces everywhere except the War Room. Teammates will get downed and/or get you downed. The Thief can screw you if your teammates box whore and you get no good weapons and they can't kill him. Lack of a one-hit kill weapon. Winter's Howl is so uneffective in later rounds. You will fear getting hit once, as you'll usually get hit again in earlier rounds. Lack of traps (the only trap is in an awful strategic position, time consuming wise). Reviving is nearly impossible without QR. There are only or two strategies for success on this map. Wall weapons are terribly placed, except for Stakeout. 3rd floor can spell death.

Overall, the most challenging BLOPS map. It's good fun for you and your friends. Exciting yet quite hard.

Difficulty: 9/10

Nacht der Untoten

Ah the first zombies map. In World at War, it was fairly easy. Think again...

What makes it easy:

Thundergun, monkeys, couple kiting areas, good wall weapon positioning. The box always stays in one place.

What makes it hard:

Just about everything! No perks, no PaP, no traps, sprinting zombies (unlike W@W) means those two hits don't last very long at all. Reviving is impossible without monkeys and there are very few escape routes. Trying to kite with 4 people around is damn near impossible and getting anything past 40 is an insane achievement beyond words. The world record holder on this map is probably the best player in the world. The Ray Gun can do more bad than good here since crawlers still 2-hit kill you.

This map is HARD. No getting around it, this is the most challenging map to date and probably ever.

Difficulty: 10/10

Verruckt

The place where insane men go. And then they become zombies...

What makes it easy:

Not an awful lot. There are full map circles that make the place wonderful for such exploits. Good weapon placement. There are good traps as well. That's really about it. Juggernog is in a good location.

What makes it hard:

Tight spaces galore! Staircases of death! No PaP as well. Could be considered harder than Nacht, as there are no legitimate places to properly kite zombies and shoot, other than a full map train. Starting off on different sides is intriguing to say the least. The Winter's Howl makes for an awful wonder weapon and getting high rounds is rather challenging. Teammates can screw you if they bring just a couple zombies your way. Most revival routes involve staircases which can get you killed rather easily. The Winter's Howl won't save you. Escape routes? There's no escape in VERRUCKT.

Hard, hard, hard. Easier than Nacht? A little, but not by much.

Difficulty: 9.5/10

Shi no Numa

NOTE: I've played this map the least so for now, I will leave it off the list. I'm sure it's easier than Verruck, Five and Nacht :) Wunderwaffle for the win!

Der Riese

Ah, the Giant, everyone's favorite map, and in some people's opinions, the best of all.

What makes it easy:

Great wall weapon placement, excellent kiting areas, brilliant full map circles. The Wunderwaffle. C'mon Der Riese is too fun to play. You barely need your teammates. Revive routes are plenty, and so are escape routes. The teleporters are excellent. That camping catwalk, yeah! The traps are just epic as well.

What makes it hard:

Dogs that begin to spawn in later rounds. These don't make training any easier, but shouldn't be a problem for camping. There isn't too much that's hard about the map.

Overall, the most fun map in my opinion and one that is great for co-op as well as solo. Easier than Kino? No, but it's just as easy in it's own ways

Difficulty: 6.5

Ascension

This map. The map that changed zombies, in all honesty.

What makes it easy:

Everything. 11 kiting spots. Traps, Thundergun, no reliance on bad teammates, escape routes, revive routes, a free trap. The most overpowered training spots in the history of zombies. Wall weapons right there. PhD Flopper and Stamin-Up for more fun.

What makes it hard:

4 player monkeys, if the other guys are really bad. Other than that, protecting perks is easy. Getting free perks isn't too hard, but it's harder than other things. However, that's not part of the rating.

Easiest map by far. Not a zero, but well, it's easy.

Difficulty: 4/10

Call of the Dead

George Romero. That's all I gotta say. Oh and actors killing zombitches!

What makes it easy:

Outside lighthouse. The map is huge. Avoiding bad teammates is easy. Good places to run around if you know what you're doing. Wunderwaffle for Easter Egg is massive. So easy to get 7 perks. This is a great map. Very easy to get far with VR-11. The strategy, however, takes time and tons of skill.

What makes it hard:

Getting past 50 in co-op easily. George Romero. The in and out pack-a-punch that can screw you over it disappears en route to it. That bad Juggernog positioning sucks too. The zombies also run super fast when electrocuted by George. Oh, did I mention George Romero? No real breakthrough weapon, which means Mustang and Sally time. Also means, PhD Flopper must. Not too bad since getting more than 4 perks is rather easy.

This would be as easy as Ascension if not for George.

Difficulty: 8/10

Shangri-La

The controversy. This map is hated or loved.

What makes it easy:

Good Jugg spawn, excellent full map train. The baby gun in taking out hordes. Ability to switch drops to Max Ammos. Geysers make a good escape but can kill you if being chased too close.

What makes it hard:

Extreme reliance on bad teammates (for PaP). No breakthrough (I'm trapped and I can't get out) gun other than Mustang and Sally (problem since bad teammates can screw you if they don't stand on PaP plates). Very narrow and few true and tried kiting spots that work even without Mustang and Sally or Baby Gun. Lack of an instant kill weapon as well. Overall, it's fun and challenging.

Hard, but Verruckt and Nacht are still harder.

Difficulty: 8.5/10

Moon

The season finale to an epic saga.

What makes it easy:

Free points whenever you so desire. Jugg before round 1. The Wave Gun, endless rounds with hacked max ammo. Hacker. Zero gravity escape. Many training spots. Bio dome. The map is enormous! Biggest one yet. So many ways to revive and escape. Mule kick! The QED. Oh yes, and the easter egg, which gets you all 8 perks permanently, even when you die and are spectating someone.

What makes it hard:

Reliance on teammates to just start the game. Reliance to get Jugg, reliance to PaP. The excavators and the cosmonaut. The lack of sound in zero gravity areas. The QED. The excavators really change the game. They require coordination so as not to breach the important areas, especially the bio dome. While most of the time it's easy, there are variables that can make every game different.

Difficulty: 7/10

Conclusion

Now this based on worst case scenarios with randoms, where you want to survive and revive, is not ideal for really good solo players and great team players. In general the map order of difficulty stays the same; they only get harder the worse your teammates are.

Tentatively, after months of research/video/gameplay, here is my 1st published draft of the hardest regular zombies map (9 out of 10, no Shi no Numa yet).

1. Nacht der Untoten

2. Verruckt

3. Five

4. Shangri-La

5. Call of the Dead

6. Moon

7. Kino der Toten

8. Der Riese

9. Ascension

Thanks for reading (if you stuck the whole way through and I will see you when I update this list)! You all rock.

My name is Ehjookayted AKA EyeCntSpel, thanks for reading and enjoy! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, thanks for reading as always. I thought it was a great time to release this, since all the maps now have more perk variety with the addition of Mule Kick across the board. I'm going to post this to the Moon thread as well, including various set-up strategies.

Extended Perk Analysis

*Juggernog* (2500 points)

This perks doubles the hits it takes a normal Zombie and Ascension Monkeys to kill, from 2 to 4. It increases the hits it takes from a special zombie (Nova6 Crawlers, Hellhounds). Note: If you are directly adjacent to the Napalm Zombie on Shangri-La when he implodes, you will down, even with Juggernog.

-Usefulness 6/5-

What else is there to say? This is the most important perk in the game. It allows you to rape train, run laps, revive teammates, and just survive longer in general. It also serves as a warning sign for death. Your screen will turn red before you are about to down. When you see this, run! One hit, even from just kicking a zombie that has been shrunk, will down you.

What surprises me the most, is how randoms assert their need, or lack thereof, of Juggernog. Instead of dumping your 2850 into three box hits, why not spend it on Juggernog? This will result in longer survival and more opportunities to hit the box!

Prioritize this perk before all others. In Solo, you can afford this by round 5/6. In multiplayer, you should get this by round 6/7, 8 at the latest.

*Speed Cola* (3000)

Speed Cola speeds up your life! Well, mainly your reload time, which it decreases by 50%, meaning that you can reload all your favorite weapons faster! It can save your life in many situations, especially in camping, 3 and 4 player strategies where the zombies are constantly coming at you, leaving little time to reload. If you specialize in running large trains you might disregard this perk due to its high cost (2nd most among all perks), but as mentioned earlier, it increases your sprint time by about 2 seconds (unconfirmed).

While that might seem like nothing, 1 second not sprinting can let one or two zombies trap you and boom, you're down. If you rape train in small, tight areas, you'll know that this perk is vital for both the perks it offers. Note: Reportedly, when combined with Stamin-Up, which about doubles your sprint time, you can sprint continuously for nearly 16 seconds!

-Usefulness 4.5/5-

This is a convenience perk for larger circles (Stage on Kino, outside lighthouse on COTD) or for extremely circular ones with large spaces (outside pack-a-punch on Ascension, inside lighthouse, first floor COTD). However, it can save your ass many times when you fail to reload. I would suggest everyone to get it on Kino, Five, and Ascension, but the maps with 7 (in this case, 8) perks have different class set-up possibilites that can reduce the desire for this perk. I especially recommend this for Ray Gun users, and for any weapons that can save your life. You might find yourself in a situation where your bullets can't clear the way (Thundergun, 2 ammo).

People consider this second priority after Jugg on Kino, and I would agree. Get this 75% of the time on 4+ perk maps.

*Quick Revive* (1500 multiplayer, 500 solo)

You need a little revive! This fish tasting drink, according to the characters, gives you the ability, on multiplayer, to revive downed teammates nearly four times as fast. On solo, it acts as a sort of teammate for you. When you go down, it pulls out the pack-a-punched M1911's (Mustang & Sally)and lets you spam the zombies with them. However, if you have something better than Mustang & Sally, such as a Ray Gun, it will pull that out instead. On Multiplayer, you can buy this perk as needed; however, on solo you only get 3, effectively giving you 4 lives. Note: if a monkey takes your quick revive, it still counts as one of the purchases.

-Usefulness 3.5/5 (Multiplayer); 6/5 (Solo)-

In multiplayer, this makes you a bonafide team player, capable of reviving teammates almost in an instant, sometimes even while being chased by a giant horde of zombies. Coupled with stamin-up and a zombies clearing weapon i.e. Thundergun, you can revive any teammate anywhere on the map.

However, most players will ignore this perk on multiplayer in favor of others. Now, on solo, this perk is vital, as or if not more than Juggernog. Some players have different strategies on when to buy Quick Revive. Considering you start with 500 (QR's cost), I usually buy it first things first, or at the end of round 1.

Some players choose to buy it after they have Juggernog, which is also smart, as they believe that if they down before Juggernog, they'd just restart the game. As a solo player, it really is your preference.

If you are newer to the solo scene, I strongly recommend buying it right off the bat, as you'll want to feel more comfortable while trying to get used to solo, and extra lives will certainly do that for you. One of the most obvious tips for solo is to never play without quick revive!

Sometimes, one down can mean the end anyway on a small map like Five and Shangri-La, so that's another reason why people avoid buying this perk, and if you are one of those people, fine. But let me say this, if you end up with a great path-clearing weapon, or even better, Monkeys or Gersch Devices, quick revive becomes a priority! With zombies out of your way and going towards the Monkeys or Gersches, you can get back all your perks. So if you're a revive-avoiding player, buy it as soon as you get either Monkeys or Gersches! It will help you in the end or in the case of an unfortunate down.

*Double Tap* (2000)

Your tap will now be doubled with this rapid-fire-on-steroids perk. It increases your fire rate 33%, meaning that automatic weapons fire with 33% of their normal RPM. Semi-auto's, pump-action and three burst guns get a quicker trigger. What does this mean? It definitely constitutes two things: 1) you will kill zombies faster and 2) your HK21 and RPK will be elevated to overpowered status.

However, Double Tap can also lead to another thing: waste of ammo. This can be prevented by firing into a horde/line of zombies (via a rape train or effective route) or by only using Double Tap for your HK21, the latter of which a lot of people do.

-Usefulness 3.5/5, 5/5 (HK21 & RPK)-

Simply put, your HK21 and RPK, regular and PaP'd (pack-a-punched) won't be at their full potential without this perk. The upgraded HK21 is a monster of a gun with a faster fire rate. Picture this: you have a giant zombie horde, a PaP'd gun with 900 bullets, PLUS the added fire rate of, oh, say, an Enfield. Your RPK, with 750 bullets, now will fire as fast as a FAMAS and AUG! Incredible.

While people can be correct about advising against Double Tap, the disclaimer is there, "Except for the HK21 and RPK".

Now for the rest of the guns, it all depends on playstyle. If you are using a wall gun, with an excellent rape training strategy, the extra fire rate, will undoubtedly aid you in slaying zombitches. If you are camping with guns like a PaP'd Galil and Commando, you'll certainly burn through ammo faster than you can say Edward Richtofen. That being said, camping is effective only in multiplayer, and only in 4 player games will rape training net you around 10 zombies. Not really worth it then for the non-exceptions.

What does this all mean? It is a fact that bullets go through as many zombies as possible. Therefore, the more zombies you have to eat your bullets coming in at an alarmingly fast rate, the more useful Double Tap becomes. That's the long story.

Short version: get DT with a Light Machine Gun (LMG) no matter what, get Double Tap on Kino and Five (for 1-2 player games), and always take into account your strategy (if you kill zombies all once, then DT will help you, if you kill them one by one as they spawn, avoid DT).

*PhD Flopper* (2000)

Flak Jacket on steroids. Basically, you never take any explosive damage. None whatsoever. You can cook a grenade, it'll blow up in your hand, and you won't any damage at all. Plus, you take no fall damage, although your character will make a slight grunting noise when dropping off a large building or something. And the last bonus of Flopper is that when you dolphin dive off an elevated surface, such as a staircase or hill, you create a small explosion that kills until around round 15 and creates crawlers easily until 20 or so. Flopper is only found on Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri-La, and Moon.

-Usefulness 4.5/5-

This perk boosts the effectiveness of grenades, clearly, but it makes using weapons like the Anarchy and Mustang & Sally all the more attractive. The great thing about the Mustang & Sally is that you can use them as not only a path clearer, horde eliminator, and teammate saver, but as a savior for yourself. Simply upgrade your starting pistol into M&S and then buy Flopper, allowing you to save yourself from downing with a few shots! Just shoot your feet if you ever get stuck and you're saved! This perk also magnifies the Ray Gun's usefulness tenfold. Before, it was possible to shoot yourself down with the Ray Gun easily, and even the Porter's X2 Ray Gun, despite the reduced splash damage. Now, you can use the Ray Gun in similar fashion to the M&S, which I just explained above.

However, the Ray Gun's rate of fire (ROF), is rather slow. Now for a pro tip: Double Tap + Flopper + Porter's X2 Ray Gun= Mustang & Sally with 240 bullets.

That set-up has saved my life many times, but it has failed me a couple. You probably want to stick with Mustang & Sally if you're new to the game and if you pull the Ray Gun from the box, use both just to keep yourself safe. Depending on your confidence, you can trade in your starting pistol, trade M&S for Ray Gun, or whatever.

A veteran insight and tip: if you go down in multiplayer and/or solo (must have quick revive in solo for this to work), you pull out your strongest pistol. Now, if you have two pistols, such as the CZ75s and the Mustang & Sally, you will pull out the M&S and when you get back up, you will have double the ammo for your CZ75s! See, this works because whenever you go down with two pistols and are revived, you get double ammo for the weakest pistol. Mustang & Sally are stronger than every pistol in the game, except the Ray Gun, which is a pistol (yes I know, hard to believe). So even an un-pack-a-punched Ray Gun will be pulled out over M&S, thus doubling your ammo when revived.

I don't recommend this for solo since you have a limited number of QR's. But in Multiplayer, this a way to get unlimited ammo M&S's if you have a lot of points and good/cooperative teammates.

*Stamin-Up* (2000)

Lightning has struck! Well, not quite, but this perk gives you nearly double sprint time as well as increased movement speed. This perk appears on Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri-La, and Moon. It seems like a simple perk and can give off the wrong impression, as waste of a perk slot or useless. But this perk can actually save your life. With that being said:

-Usefulness 4/5, 5/5 to team players-

Well, sorry for another mini-essay on a perk but here I am with support and backing for Stamin-Up. The most obvious reason to get Stamin-Up is to be able to run around a large map faster; however, there are other reasons to purchase this sour drink. I say 5/5 for team players; if you are on a large map, say COTD, Stamin-Up allows you to get to your downed teammate even faster.

Plus, since you are sprinting even faster, you are able to dodge more zombies as you run past them since, at your boosted speed, you pass most zombies before they can even enter their swinging animation or before their trapping animation.

Furthermore, if you are running a tight (or even larger) circular rape train and you spot three or four zombies coming in as you make your loop, you can sprint past them with no worry at all!

However, the usefulness decreases as you acquire more skill in this game. Instead of trying to outrun oncoming zombies, you will learn dodging tactics, such as the Sway, the Drag and Swerve, and the Sidestep, that will eliminate your want to be faster than the zombies. Once again, these ratings are just my opinion and, in the end, it is all preference.

Overall, I would recommend Stamin-Up for Shangri-La the most, since there are numerous tight spaces which eliminate the use of many dodging tactics. Stamin-Up is a great solo perk as well as a team player's perk. It is a vital part of my ultimate team player set-up.

*Deadshot Daquiri* (1500)

This perk. Oh, this perk. A lot of zombies players, who are new, or are struggling with rape trains, find the need to constantly aim down sight, slowing down movement and thus backing them into a corner, which inevitably leads to their death. Hip firing is recommended in tight, circular rape trains, wherein, you cannot train them together into a nice, straight line. ADS is great for when the zombies are say 15-20 feet away.

Deadshot Daquiri improves both. It gives you the effects of Steady Aim Pro, which decreases your crosshair spread, effectively increasing your hip fire accuracy. What does this mean? You will RARELY, if ever, miss bullets hip-firing. In addition, it enhances the feature called auto aim, which already lets you lock-on to the chest area with ease. It auto aims for the zombies heads! This means that you can pull of headshots and save many bullets with absolute ease.

This perk does wonders for your accuracy and can even ensure survival as it encourages hip-firing because even with the auto aim to head, you will still miss with high recoil guns or if your aim just isn't that good.

-Usefulness 3.5/5-

A lot of people don't like buying this perk on solo and that is a good choice, it's almost pointless, since you'll probably want Flopper or Speed Cola, but this is kind of where class specializations come in. If you play the points role on your team and wield an SMG and an assault rifle or LMG, you would do well with Daquiri.

Daquiri on Shangri-La is vastly underrated considering how small it is. But that's where the perk comes in handy. ADS allows the zombies to close in faster, but hip fire works great, call it overpowered, even! I personally love getting it on COTD near the 74u area, and if you couple the PaP'd 74u with Deadshot and Double Tap, you will rip through zombies.

Don't look at it for the auto-lock on it gives you, the increased hip fire spread is where the beauty of this perk lies. Is it less useful that the other perks? Yes. But in terms of cost effectiveness, it's right up there with Juggernog.

*Mule Kick* (4000)

Feeling heavy, like you can take on the world? Well, you can with 3 guns! The most expensive perk to date gives you, that's right, one more gun! However, the 4000 does not cover your gun purchase, so without a QED (which could spawn a random weapon), you're looking at putting down at least 4500 on being able to maximize this perk's usage. Otherwise, it's just a useless perk.

-Usefulness 4/5-

This perk is a mixed bag of things to a lot of people. It can be vital for a high round, point efficient strategy or can be detrimental to the new players who only know of this perk as the epic three gun perk and will dump 4000 points into it, die before they realize they needed to buy a gun, and complain when you don't revive them because you were hacking the excavator the long away around since they didn't go to the teleporter. Anyway, strategy aside, this perk is wonderful.

Three guns gives you endless combos of fantastic guns, generally I'd go for Wave Gun, Mustang and Sally, and an AK74u or MP5K. However, where the real treat lies with this perk is in the ability to use support weapons, which is just the Ballistic Knife on Moon since the Crossbow was taken out. Also, weapons like the M72 Anarchy and Calamity and Jane are now viable options when you get their unupgraded versions from the box.

The downside to this perk is obviously the fact that it detracts from the ability to use another, more helpful perk, such as Sleight of Hand or PhD Flopper. To each his own with this perk. It is undoubtedly helpful yet can prove dangerous if not used correctly. Your guns need to complement each other, rather than serve only one purpose. If you're shooting for high rounds in co-op, at least one person should have this perk with a PaP'd Ballistic Knife AKA The Krauss Refibrillator.

Well now that we have it on all the other maps, it's safe to say that they've been made much easier with Mule Kick. Although I am disappointed that they added it to Nacht der Untoten. It was much more enjoyable when there were no perks. Otherwise, smart move. It keeps the game balanced. If Flopper was on every map (with Pack-a-Punch, no doubt the challenge would be removed. Good move by Treyarch, but my review and opinion still stands.

Just a couple new notes: Mule Kick can now replace a perk you don't need; I won't tell you how to play, but often times Mule Kick's true usefulness lies in it's proximity to a great wall weapon and area in which to kite zombies.

Moon gets a yes, as well as Ascension, Call of the Dead, Shangri-La, Der Riese, Verruckt, Shi no Numa, and possibly Kino. Five is perhaps the best map for this since you can now use the Awful Lawton in combination with the Ray Gun and a great points wall weapon. However, like I've said, take my advice or not, but I hope you've enjoyed the guide.

Conclusion

Every perk is different, but overall, you always want Juggernog. Quick Revive, in solo, too. I hope this helps newer players and even veterans an insight into how fellow veteran slayers think when buying perks. Glad to help as always, and your feedback keeps me writing these guides!

Thanks, and enjoy! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, it's me Ehjookayted AKA EyeCntSpel bringing you another strategy-survival guide! I haven't made one for Moon yet and I think it's a great idea to start off with No Man's Land. This will allow you to dominate the Solo Leaderboards and perhaps, with enough coordination, get Juggernog for 2 people at the start. At least I hope that's the result.

No Man's Land Survival Guide

Brief Overview: So in case you're new to the concept of No Man's Land, you spawn here at the start of every game. Here is the only place to get Speed Cola or Juggernog. There is a 50/50 chance of either one of them spawning at the start. They then alternate every trip down via the teleporter on the moon (near the AK74u and Mule Kick). You take the large teleporter up to the Moon base. However, the teleporter is not immediately open. You have about a minute to get as many kill as possible till a horn rings, don't worry, all the zombies are one knife (don't bother point hoarding)...

Until the first siren (second sound you'll hear), about 1:15 seconds (coincidence? I think not :) ) zombies are one stab. At about a minute, the first horn sounds, and you are free to go up on the teleporter to Moon. Then after that, zombies become increasingly tougher, first taking two knives and then increasing health rapidly with each siren. Dogs also spawn with the first siren; they are one knife until the 3rd siren.

You cannot get any drops here. You are equipped with 40 pistol shots, 2 frag grenades and your combat knife. Since Pack-a-Punch also spawns here, you can rack up a ton of kills if you can manage to get the 5000 points, then Juggernog if you get the 2500 after PaP.

Don't worry it's easy to train the zombies... Or so you think :D (it actually is, it just takes practice getting used to running with zombies and dogs).

Now on to the guide...

Prioritize

There are many important things in No Man's Land but clearly number one, for all players, no matter what game, number of players, or what perk spawn you're playing with is to rack up points.

1. Accumulation of Points

This actually varies from game to game. There are the same number of zombies that spawn each time at the start, the only difference is where they spawn. If they are all spawning in the pools, then you're lucky and will have plenty of points to help you get started on Moon.

If they are spawning some in the pools and some on the ledges, then knife the ones you see and leave immediately when the siren sounds off.

If they aren't spawning at all in the pools, you can shoot with your pistol and leave ASAP.

I know people claim Juggernog is the most important, but if you can get 1500+ points before you leave there, you can open that first door in the Receiving Area and camp as you see fit.

2. Not Getting Greedy

If you get greedy with a bad team that doesn't have a strategy, you are doomed to die. Leave on the teleporter when you can because the zombies will swarm you even if you have a decent training strategy with the 4 player madness. Know when it's time to leave. Don't get downed with your nice build-up of points and make your way to the Moon!

3. Know Your Strategy

If you are good enough, you should restart until you get Juggernog. If you don't feel comfortable, stay with speed. Get about 1600 or so points and get out of there ASAP, as soon as the siren goes off.

This is where the plays begin to differ. My playbook includes a try hard solo strategy, a high round start strategy, a two player advanced high round attempt strategy, a two player normal round strategy and a few others.

Basically, when you and your teammate decide on Jugg vs. Speed Cola, get the routine down. Here's my advice. It is really hard to get Jugg for two people even with the best of them. It requires practice, that's all.

A common misconception is that Speed Cola is bad to start with. However, the contrary is actually true. Since the two alternate, Speed is the better to start with even with good players. You can accumulate enough points to theoretically buy Jugg for one person, leave, open the first door and camp there until round 4's end, make it all the way through to the labs, and go and get Jugg.

To be honest, getting Jugg requires absolute perfection, and sometimes luck with how many zombies go for your partner while you're training. It depends on the strategies. But No Man's Land is about solo destruction, so on we go!

Solo Survival

You want to get high on the leaderboards, eh? Searching for a way how? Here are some great tips and a couple running areas in which I have had success. Practice will allow me to get more kills, but constantly being able to get over 110 with these tactics in under 5 minutes lets me know I'm doing something right.

Or maybe you just want to get Jugg before round 1? I can do that too!

Now, down to basics (How to get Jugg before round 1):

Getting Juggernog to Spawn

Just restart until you see it, by turning right as soon as you spawn and waiting about 5 seconds. It's got a 50% of spawning so you'll get it eventually.

Starting off Well

Generally you want 1270 points before you start training, when aiming for Juggernog, so if you have less than that when the siren sounds, try and get 2 quick two knife kills. Otherwise, restart and try again. Stay on the left side of the map when looking from pack-a-punch. In this corner you will start and then loop back around the water, and then double back when you see a gap. Now drag your zombies toward you, running as far up as the stairs. Now run around a couple zombies if you have too or use the dodge or drag technique. Throw a grenade in front of you and hope for the best. Run over and past the nade.

Afterwords, just use some pistol ammo, knife the dogs, and 2500 shouldn't be that hard.

Take a look at RelaxingEnd's video for a visual explanation.

XAZ1ErZPtos

Do what he does until after the first grenade. It's simple enough. Often times, you won't need that 1800+ points at the start to get Jugg. You just need over 1270 and you'll get it easy. However, let's take a look at what Relaxing does to get even more points.

Mustang & Sally and the Road to 300

What you need to start is a few key things: ~1900 points, all your ammo, and a good running strategy. You can choose to run Relaxing's route, which is dangerous but takes the least amount of time, or choose a safer one.

Here is an alternate method by MatoM21

ArCAwnnyetc

In all honesty, I can't properly write you a way to run a train nor show you how to properly dodge a zombie. What I can do is let you know that this train, no matter how you run it, is heavy on cut-backs and drag-outs.

What is a cut-back? A cut back is when you are running in a circle with zombies behind you and as you turn the corner, you see too many zombies and judge that you cannot make it through. What you do is sprint, turn around, and run in a crescent around the zombies. This will almost always work if you have Juggernog, but is certain to down you without. It requires practice and timing. Expect to get hit once or twice, maybe even three times.

What is a drag-out? Drag outs are easy ways of training zombies. Naturally when walking with a pistol, you are faster than the zombies, even without the benefits of sprint. If you see one or two zombies coming in front of you, and you have all your zombies a little bit behind you, move back diagonally (do not sprint) and the zombies should step to the side, joining your train. This most definitely requires practice and timing but in the end, results in no hits at all. As a quick side note, dogs are faster than you as you walk, so be careful not to try this when dogs are on your tail. They will down you.

NOTE: Notice that the way Relaxing runs his train at the end is very complex. He is combining further advanced strategies with the two ones above. For this reason, do not try to attempt that train unless you have significant zombies experience and skill. Instead try how Mato runs it, employing the use of both drag-outs and cut backs.

Steps for Success

1. Restart until you get Juggernog, and until you have above 1800 points before you start the train.

2. Run the zombies in a train, first tossing a grenade, then knifing crawlers and spawning dogs. Try to wait till the second siren to blow up the zombies. You'll kill most of them, but leave crawlers and armless zombies, which are easy knife kills for a cool 140 points.

3. At the third siren, dogs are no longer one knife and you must train again. Throw a grenade when they're grouped again, creating plenty of crawlers. You should have around 4200 points by now. Shoot the crawlers with your pistol ammo, going for headshots only. Knife them if possible. Once you see spawning zombies run a train.

4. Continue, stabbing, shooting until you have 5000 points. If you don't have enough for Mustang & Sally within 5 minutes, then you're not gonna do much damage or get high kills.

5. Once you have 5000, keep up your train, put your pistols in pack-a-punch, and go around one more time, picking them up. Now this is the hard part. Mustang and Sally are of course known for their power but also their ability to kill you quickly. No Jugg for 2500 points. Can you do it?

7. Keep training zombies and shooting when you have room. You should get 2500 if you're careful. It's quite hard to not get mad to be so close and then down.

8. Once you have the 2500, you can two things:

-Kill all your zombies (this will only work if you've been in No Man's Land under probably 4 or so minutes) and then get Juggernog.

-Go to the pad, grab Jugg, train the zombies using the Pad strategy and then move on to your strategy of preference.

9. Keep on killing until you down! Or blow yourself up.

The Strategies

The Pad Strategy: Pretty easy once you're set up. Make sure to jump when you shoot the M&S.

Pool Strategy: Standard train, efficient, and can net you around 250-260 kills, which is more than enough for most people. Just keep in mind you'll have to do some cutting back and dragging out, whereas the bad strategy is just crescent cut backs.

Back Pool Strategy: Hard to describe, harder to perform. This involves some serious cut back drag outs as well as quick timing to jump across water. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this for people who haven't gotten 200 kills before. Stick with the generic pool strategy.

Side Drop Strategy: Amazingly efficient, dangerous, yet easily maneuverable when you've gotten the practice at it. This is a combination of everything we've talked about and it really culminates into this strategy.

This person's video has him at 2nd in the world on the PS3 (legit). Ignore FeelsBadBro on the leaderboards; he is a hacker and it has been proven. With this strategy I believe it to be possible to get 350 kills. MatoM21 has already gotten 349, presumably using this or maybe something better? Enjoy this video: use it, study it and start slaying!

EbRPlgf1U84

Conclusion

A great solo challenge that is both addicting and frustrating at times. However, the feeling of getting fully set up is a great one, and I hope that this guide will help you do so. To all my zombie slayers out there, have fun with this and I hope you enjoyed the guide! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

We all know Ascension as an easy yet boring map to get high rounds on. Through many of my games, I've developed a good strategy for high round runs. Today, however, that strategy was nearly perfected with Chopper-Nator.

ASCENSION ULTIMATE STRATEGY

First Room

Leave after round 3, don't buy any wall guns. Knife rounds 1 and 2, shoot a clip and a half at round 3, then knife. Hopefully you can get a Max Ammo or double points.

Mid Rounds (Before Jugg)

From the starting room, open the top door, buy an MP5K and chill and camp there going for head shots until around round 6. You should each have enough points for Juggernog, a box hit, and more MP5K ammo if you don't get good weapons. Whatever you get, don't trade in your starter pistol, unless its a Thundergun or Ray Gun.

Hopefully you do get a good gun, to deal with Monkeys. Now for monkeys, an MP5k will do alright, shotguns are good, but knifing them will be one stab, even without the sickle. For monkeys, protect what's important to you. For this strategy it'd be Juggernog and PhD Flopper. Stamin-Up is easy to protect so there's no harm in protecting it. You can use claymores, but make sure you only use them for perks near stairs (Speed Cola and Flopper), as Monkeys can get rid of them if they aren't angled on stairs.

You should always get a free perk this first monkeys. If it's quick revive, plan on letting it go. If it's Stamin-Up, still open that area up. If it's Flopper, it'll already be open, and if it's Speed Cola, don't open it up.

Before Round 10 (with Jugg)

This should only be a couple rounds, but camp in the same platform area. This should be relatively easy. The reason for this short period of camping is that the zombies are all not sprinters yet and are not difficult, but annoying to train.

Nothing's worse than having to waste ammo on the 3 straggler zombies of varying speeds after you've killed the 15 sprinters.

Until Pack-a-Punch

Once you hit round 10, separate into 2 training locations. In my opinion, one person should be at Stamin-Up and one at Flopper. These are both great trains, Stamin-Up being very underrated. The 74u here makes a great weapon to use. If P1 (Flopper train) uses just the MP5K and if P2 (Stamin-Up guy) just uses the 74u, pack-a-punching is possible at round 11 or 12, depending on when you get monkeys. If you get monkeys on 11, it's probably best to have only Jugg and the perk you got for free. Defend the perks the way you see fit.

Leave a crawler at the end of 12 (or whenever you have enough points) and go Pack-a-punch. P2 should get Stamin-Up at this time if he/she does not have it. Running circles in the PaP room is made substantially easier with Stamin-Up. PaP your starter pistols. If you don't have it because you have a T-Gun/Ray Gun, don't bother pack-a-punching. This just opens up the PaP room. Ideally, however, one person should have Mustang & Sally. They're extremely efficient against monkeys and save your @$$ always. :)

Until round 35

Now the beauty of the strategy begins. P2 with 74u should switch for MP5K for a round. After round, both should hit the box for an LMG, Galil, Gersche Devices or Matryoshka Dolls. Don't sweat not getting the latter two if you can't. You need a long-lasting points gun first and foremost. The RPK and HK21 will last un-upgraded until around 19/20. Galil is the same. After you start chewing through ammo, upgrade. These guns will now last until about 25/26. Only use these guns to kill the zombies.

Drops (Max Ammo, Double Points, etc.) are based on points, 2000 collective points to be exact, multiplied by 1.14 with each round. 2000 --> 2280 and 2280 x 1.14 and so on.

While it may seem like this would take a while, you rack up an insane amount of points. On only round 33, Chopper had 200K points. What does this mean? You get an insane amount of drops. More Max Ammos, more Insta-Kills, more Death Machines and more Nukes. These increase your firepower, save ammo and what not. Insta-kill is wonderful, as you can pull out Ray Gun/M&S fire a couple shots and kill the whole wave. With this strategy, getting to round 30 in 75 minutes is all well and possible. To round 35, use a mix of both.

By this time, you might have run out of ammo in your LMG/Galil and probably will have. At this time, P2 can move back to Stamin-Up area and train there with power weapon and 74u un-upgraded. P1 should buy an MP5K. Shoot your wave with two full buys of your respective sub-machine gun and finish them off with the M&S or Ray Gun. Upgrade the Ray Gun around 30 or even before. At the end of 34 or 35, leave a crawler and hit the box for Dolls, Gersches and Thundergun. Each player gets a whole box. P1 hits till teddy bear, box moves, P2 hits till teddy bear. Kill the crawler when you're ready for the End Game Strategy.

End Game Strategy

Now you will get closer together. Player with Thundergun runs trains near the auto-turret. The routes are tight, but with cut-backs and corner grouping, it's fairly easy. Player without T-Gun runs at Flopper. In the mid 30s to mid 40s you can trade off using T-Gun and traps. For the early part it's trap by PaP and T-Gun.

What to do with trap near PaP:

Communicate and tell Flopper guy to run down. Meet him and take zombies to trap, one player hits trap, the other shoots zombies with one clip of MP5K/74u. All zombies in wave will die. Take stairs up and then drop down at the hole and return to hoarding areas.

For Thundergun:

Player with Flopper station runs to corner with MP5K then runs all the way down to trap. Player with T-Gun runs to that corner and up to Flopper. Zombies will all follow P2 (guy with T-Gun in this example). Quick crescent hoarding tactic and Thundergun shot wipes 'em all out. P1 takes trap route back without actually using trap.

Alternating should work until time for master end game strategy at 45-ish. This will include trap by 74u/Stamin-Up. Use Thundergun first, then trap by PaP and then trap by Stamin-Up.

For Stamin-Up Trap:

Hoard zombies in same area. This time P1 runs past P2 while P2 is corner grouping. P2 follows and can shoot with 74u one clip or two. Both players retreat to Junkyard. P1 hangs back by lander; P2 groups zombies using staircase and then jumping off. Players run back out. P1 can shoot with MP5K. P2 buys trap. Return to areas.

Conclusion

This strategy takes a while in the 30s, but in the 40s, with high respawn speed, it's fast, somewhat dangerous and provides variety when zombie games tend to get boring. Your points will continuously go up. For end game monkeys, never open up that bottom door from starting room and never open up the door at the other side of power. Using T-Gun, traps and auto-turret, monkeys will be easily dealt with. In insanely high rounds (if you were to get to 85+) using this strategy, one player would continuously hit the box for T-Gun while the other would control all the zombies (always shooting them!). To shoot is very important, seeing as if you don't, the zombies begin to die off and will respawn near your partner, and you don't want that to happen.

As a last note-

What to do when someone goes down:

Let the other person's zombies join your train, bring all your zombies out and revive them. Quick revive is not needed at all (unless it's your 5th perk). After they are revived, don't kill any zombies until they have bought their needed perks. Usually Jugg, but sometimes Jugg and Flopper.

What to do if someone dies completely

This should NEVER happen. But if it does... finish the round with whatever gun you have, kiting on the Flopper platform. When the round begins, kill the last of the zombies in the MPL room, hopefully spawning him/her near Jugg. Let him/her get Jugg and buy an MP5K. Give him/her the Flopper area. Leave a crawler at the end and let he/she do what he/she needs to do.

How to pause the game to stop for the night

If you are going for a 60+ game, you can pause the game like this:

Have a crawler, repair all the windows. Let the crawler bleed out; find where the zombie is re-spawning before it breaks out of the window. Get on the opposite side of where the zombie is respawning and hold down []/X/F. Notice how it can never break through the window. Now, take something with weight and tape it down to your controller/keyboard. You can do this as long as you like. The zombie will never die. This has been tested for 2 hours. However, since zombies die off only when they are in the map, inactive, or are crawlers, this creates a way to stop the game. Be wary of overheating or game crashing if kept on too long. There is no solution for that.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing, simply amazing. I do have one comment which has helped me out considerably.

If you aren't training or something, treat yourself as if you don't have Juggernog. It's a small strategy I use and it saves my jug more, as i wont be blindly running by zombies or around corners. Is pretty helpful and you won't lose I as much IMO. Just a simple tip.

Amazing, simply amazing. I do have one comment which has helped me out considerably.

If you aren't training or something, treat yourself as if you don't have Juggernog. It's a small strategy I use and it saves my jug more, as i wont be blindly running by zombies or around corners. Is pretty helpful and you won't lose I as much IMO. Just a simple tip.

I hope this thread will go long and hard. And damn, sometimes you should be able to give more than one set of brains. I know some of this is from other threads of the OP, but it is still a definitive work.

I'll suggest something to add. Using an old joke as an example. An old bull and a young steer watch as a load of cows are dropped off in the pasture below. The young steer turns to the old bull and says "Let's run down there and have us a heifer." The old bull looks at the young steer and says "Why don't we walk down there and f**k them all."

The point being, as I've improved at the game I've seen a rather obvious point. Walk. Especially into danger, around corners,when planning a revive and when things are blowing up. The large portion of times I noticed that my deaths were contributed by my running into problems. By moving slower and having a chance to calculate what strategy or gun to use, it has saved me a world of problems. Not running into a pack and getting trapped, while other options were available.

They say for pro athletes that things slow down when they are at their fastest. Watch the best players. Their moves are calculated. Decisions are particular. And nothing seems out of control. Incorporate this more and watch things get easier.

I'm sorry, but Verruckt is extremely easy, if you know what you are doing. For my 33 solo game, I made my way to the other side of the map's thompson room, and didn't open the door to the other spawn. You stay at the back of the room until you get overrun, and then you start to train in that room. The only reason I died is because my browning got ineffective and my ray gun ran out of ammo. If you did the CoD7 version, you could have a winter's howl as well.

I'm sorry, but Verruckt is extremely easy, if you know what you are doing. For my 33 solo game, I made my way to the other side of the map's thompson room, and didn't open the door to the other spawn. You stay at the back of the room until you get overrun, and then you start to train in that room. The only reason I died is because my browning got ineffective and my ray gun ran out of ammo. If you did the CoD7 version, you could have a winter's howl as well.

I hope you realize that the Hardest Zombies Map was purely subjective and therefore isn't going to make everyone satisfied. However, I did try to weigh in every possible option. Basically, Verruckt has no wonder weapon to save you. Thank you for your opinion, however; it's interesting to see how other people play. All the zombie maps can be made easy if you know what you're doing. I write these guides thinking about every type of player not just the ones who can figure out strategies like yourself. Thanks though.

I hope you realize that the Hardest Zombies Map was purely subjective and therefore isn't going to make everyone satisfied. However, I did try to weigh in every possible option. Basically, Verruckt has no wonder weapon to save you. Thank you for your opinion, however; it's interesting to see how other people play. All the zombie maps can be made easy if you know what you're doing. I write these guides thinking about every type of player not just the ones who can figure out strategies like yourself. Thanks though.

Well this of course was a list of the Black Ops maps, camping in solo on the Black Ops won't work for long, definately not up to round 30. Must say IMO though Verruckt is one of the easier maps, you just need a good strategy and Verruckt is made easy.... but then, like FIVE, most people find it hard and it always will be rightly considered as one of the hardest maps because of the map's tough layout.

Very good thread man some of the best guides out there all in one thread, [brains]

I've also put up a very reliable, quick and pretty starting strategy for No Man's Land which guarantees a 90 second PaP on most attempts, with video and written instructions. Would make a nice accompaniment to Eye's awesome NML guide viewtopic.php?f=72&t=18642

I'm sorry if I put it in an offending way. It was midnight over here and I was really tired. Anyways, all I meant to say was that it could be an easier map, depending how you look at it and how well you know what you're doing. There are not a whole lot of good training spots, but there are some really good ones.