Is the Wave Gun Overpowered?

Ehjookayted

While Moon is the most diverse map and requires diverse weaponry, is the Wave Gun overpowered? I'm including the zap guns in the Wave Gun as well. You get roughly 60, 1 shot-kill per 1 zombie, shots and 14 wave eliminators un-pack-a-punched. PaP'd it doubles. So much ammo, one-hit kills.

Is the Wave Gun overpowered as a gun? Yes, on Ascension, the Wave Gun would destroy, but I feel that Moon has so many other things like the Excavators, that give you a hard time, that the Wave Gun is the perfect gun for this map.

Gun to gun, WG is overpowered. On Moon, it's a perfect fit. Just my opinion.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wave gun if used the same as the will be able to eliminate entire hordes of 24 with each shot and it has the exact same amount of ammo as the thundergun before and after each are pack-a-punched. Plus it gets the extra 60 zap shots which makes it stronger than the thundergun and the PaPed version stronger than the zeus cannon. I still dont know if its better than the W@W Dg3 but otherwise I think it is capable of getting the most kills out of any gun. Plus its very easy to use. Reload time isnt too long in either form, its range is longer than the thundergun (although it can be easier to miss) and you dual wield the zap guns when youre downed. The zap guns can be fired one entire clip at a time so you can always have one gun reloaded and arent highly accurate but at medium to close ranges its not too hard to hit with, and it is an insta kill. The wave gun is simply beast. However moon does have things that break up late game monotony, the astronauts get much stronger in the later rounds, the excavators can force you to stop mid round or get a crawler as they can ruin strategies, and decompressing rooms accidently with guns or grenades can also cause problems in later rounds, and there is the difficult placement of juggernog that makes this one of the only maps where jug isnt my first perk or even on me untill the teens.

Overall though I believe that the moon map is quite challenging and entertaining.

Often times when going to and from hacking the excavator, you hit choke points where you can easily get downed, like the airlock rooms. Because of the map design, the moon absolutely needed a wonder weapon that would blast through anything in your path (thundergun style). Once you get into RD 30+ the zombies start spawning in front of you very fast, and are too tough to simply blast through with normal weapons.

I don't think it is over powered because there is no surviving the later rounds (w/ your biodome intact) without some kind of weaponry like this. I think the extra ammo of it being two separate weapons is balanced by the fact there are no traps you can run the enemies through on this map.

In the end it doesn't really matter to me if this gun is overpowered or not, because no matter what, it's still a lot of fun to use.

Yeah, with the zero-g and excavators and lack of crossbow (getting back from the excavators would be a walk in the park with PaP'd crossbow and mule kick) the Wave Gun was a pretty vital addition. I was honestly expecting the Thundergun to make an appearance as well, but that was before I knew how great the Wavegun was. You could probably go on forever and ever with a Thundergun, Wavegun, and pap'd crossbow with gersches. Like... seriously forever.

Anyways, yeah, the Wavegun isn't overpowered. I mean, it's Zombies, you're not pissing anyone off.

Not to be offensive or anything, but why would you ask such a thing? This is co-op, not MP, so things can be overpowered in favor of the player(s). When I mean overpowered I don't mean like invincibility-level overpowered. The Wave Gun and all other wonder weapons, if anything, should be overpowered, because that's what they do for zombies. They, along with being story-related, are existent for having fun, and if having fun is overpowered, than who gives a crap? You aren't using it on other living players, making you noobish or overpowered in a bad way. You're using it on undead, non-feeling rezurrected zombies. So if it is overpowered, than so be it. As long as it benefits the user.

That's my perspective, any way.

Stay cool and stay overpowered. 8-)

-Fu

Not to be offensive or anything, but why would you ask such a thing? This is co-op, not MP, so things can be overpowered in favor of the player(s). When I mean overpowered I don't mean like invincibility-level overpowered. The Wave Gun and all other wonder weapons, if anything, should be overpowered, because that's what they do for zombies. They, along with being story-related, are existent for having fun, and if having fun is overpowered, than who gives a crap? You aren't using it on other living players, making you noobish or overpowered in a bad way. You're using it on undead, non-feeling rezurrected zombies. So if it is overpowered, than so be it. As long as it benefits the user.

That's my perspective, any way.

Stay cool and stay overpowered. 8-)

-Fu

None taken, but it's more a question of does the Wave Gun make this map too easy? Or do the excavators and 1/3 gravity offset its status as the best wonder weapon?

I think the biodome makes the map easy, not the wave gun. I do think the wave gun is really good but it is really just a thundergun with zap guns to though. I like how they added the zap guns to it because its fun to use them. I think the hard part about the map is getting setup. I usually have to try two or three times to get out of area 51. on co-op once you do the ee you can almost never even leave the biodome except to hack the excavators.

I think the biodome makes the map easy, not the wave gun. I do think the wave gun is really good but it is really just a thundergun with zap guns to though. I like how they added the zap guns to it because its fun to use them. I think the hard part about the map is getting setup. I usually have to try two or three times to get out of area 51. on co-op once you do the ee you can almost never even leave the biodome except to hack the excavators.

True, I haven't played the map extensively since I have a PS3 but using the Wave Gun while on the 360 at my friends house has been amazing. How big is it's fire radius though? I've only used it twice, but from videos it looks like the Thundergun has the biggest zombie clearing radius?