A word on spikemore stockpiles...

So I don't know if it's just the people I've played this level with, or if just not many people in general do this, but people think we are insane for this. My buddy and I always grab spikemores as soon as it's opened, and plant them on the bridge, or wherever we may be. The beginning of every round, and every max ammo, they get placed so the wont explode. I guess they come in handy if you happen to run out of ammo completely, you could keep picking them up and using them in place of your weapons, though we never really get to that point.

However, be careful *DO NOT PLANT TOO MANY SPIKEMORES* it will boot you out of the game you are playing with an error message (server overload, or something to that effect, from too many modifications)

My friend and I, as you can see from the terrible cell phone pictures, had planted too many spikemores. We had the entire bridge lined, I had a few of the walls near the mine cart area covered in them as well, when I was doing trains. We had well over 100 placed, and it could have been a lot more than that, but the kids we were killing zombies with got tired of counting after that, haha.

So long story short, keep your stockpiles small, or get rid of some if it starts lagging a bit. Happy zombie killing everyone :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yes, we actually did do this. I wish I had taken a picture of the other side so you could really grasp our insane amount of spikemores. And thank ya kindly for the brains, and more importantly, the high five. It didn't really take too long to do, but if we have some time in the next week before the moon comes out, we will try to get some more crazy spikemore/ claymore collections to show. And if I figure out how to get a good video from my xbox, I'll post some of our "firework" displays, which are either lines of claymores that go off in waves or a pattern of some sort (by just running a train through). But thanks again, happy trails my friend.

Used to do it in Kino until started to get the coding errors about max objects. We worked out you can get up to around 120 stocked before getting the error.

I haven't really had much experience with spikemores, claymores become useless after round 35 or so. Unless of course you are using the VR-11 trick and then they are brilliant. I tended to use them more as a warning system.

When are spikemores good until?

Haha, thanks Shebby, much obliged.

And Chopper, they seem to be fairly effective up through high 20s, if my buddy and I did split screen we could probably get higher than 30 easily, we always get stuck with someone who is dragging us down. But I will try to get a team together and test that out this afternoon.

Speaking of which (I know I should be trying this in a different section of the forum), but if anyone wants to get a 4 person focusing stone team going to beat my terrible wave 28 and get into the high 30s/40s or as high as we can get (who doesn't like getting high lol), then add me on xbox- Adamant Caesar - i'll be on most of the afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...

I do this every time I play shangri-la. It seems really easy to do in this map. Me and my friends always hold down the power room until round 20ish, and im always planting my spikemores in a place where they wont off. Then every time we have a crawler I pick em up and move em. Last time I played I put them ALL around the map, the only thing is if you do this then you really have to watch the crawler and if it turns to a walker.

• 3 weeks later...

We do this a lot also. Especially in KINO on the small steps to stage right(by the claymores). If you plant them correctly they will only explode if your pinned against the wall :). Also in the little cubby to stage left, we plant a lot in there too, once you have a mob running behind you run into there and watch your wonderful collection explode right before your eyes lol. And another great spot is in the ally in the corners, if you create a line with them to make a good size triangle (two sides are the walls, and the other being claymores) if you find yourself in a sticky situation out there just run to a corner and reload while the claymores cover you for a few seconds.

my personal favorite is on the classic maps

stockpiling bouncing betties at the big door in the power room court yard and then opening the door and watching the fire works

another is putting a circle of claymores on the lunar lander and then calling it in with all those little red lasers and blowing the shit out of my train in the bit beside phd