Ascension - quick rape-train tutorial

Superhands

For those of you that are looking for the best way to run a rape-train on Ascension, this is pretty much what you've been looking for. It's really easy, and you don't even need to be completely focused 100% of the time once you get used to the route, as it's very rare that you'll get trapped.

eeCCb12Hubw

Works in co-op too, as long as there's nobody else in the area to mess up the train. Really annoying when you're tryna run a train on a map like Ascension, where there's tons of other places on the map, and some idiot wants to come and run with you :x

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem glad to share my knowledge, I've also gotten to round 32 without using any perks on this route so that goes to show that you don't get hit much if done correctly.

On COTD I tend to just run in the AK74u area, mostly just doing a counter-clockwise circle of the full area. Try to keep away from the edges though - with this area if you get blocked off, it's pretty easy to do a U-turn and go back the other way if you keep the zombies away from the edges, which you do by keeping away from the edges yourself. But overall it's a simple area to run in, there's nearly always a gap in the group you can squeeze through.

I also like to keep a Mustang & Sally in hand when I'm gathering them up, then that way if you do get stuck just blast off a few rounds and that'll kill all the zombies round you (combined with PhD Flopper of course).

This won't work so well in rounds 40+ but still works if you react quickly. But it's really nothing to worry about as it's rare that you get completely stuck in this area.

Hope that helps ;)

You're probably right, it's just a name that everyone's familiar with so it makes for obvious titles and stuff. Guess there's other words people know, like looping, kiting etc. but EVERYONE knows the phrase "rape-train" even though it's not really the best phrase to use.

Syndicate FTW :D

You're probably right, it's just a name that everyone's familiar with so it makes for obvious titles and stuff. Guess there's other words people know, like looping, kiting etc. but EVERYONE knows the phrase "rape-train" even though it's not really the best phrase to use.

This! ;)

This! ;)

Waffles and Liam would disagree with this :lol: , but I agree with Alpha

Also, almost everyone does this, and it's also called the "Waffle Womp" since Waffles was the one to create that train in the first place (I think)

Regards Yellow-card8

almost everyone does this, and it's also called the "Waffle Womp" since Waffles was the one to create that train in the first place (I think)

You're right in some ways, I mean I've been running trains since W@W before Syndicate even got on Youtube, so it's not like he or anyone else invented it. Guess he just gave it a name that stuck. Though people calling it a "Syndicate rape-train" is just ridiculous :lol:

Dunno if you meant about Waffles creating the train I was running, but he and pretty most other people were just running a circle. Some other people also run a straight figure-of-8 - the route shown here is basically a revised version of that strategy which I find works a lot better, as you get hit a lot less often. ;)

Well the question who "invented" it is absolutely ridiculous.

I invented it by myself too, for example, just as 90%+ of zombie players invented it by themselves. It is so super obvious, that this is a strategy to survive.

I always called it "looping", since what you do is a loop, no matter if 8 or circle. But nowadays I also say "Rape Train" in my video titles, since it leads into better search results. But its definately (ok seriously, tell me how to spell that word, it's red underlined) an expression that i dislike too.

• 3 months later...

Well the question who "invented" it is absolutely ridiculous.

I invented it by myself too, for example, just as 90%+ of zombie players invented it by themselves. It is so super obvious, that this is a strategy to survive.

I always called it "looping", since what you do is a loop, no matter if 8 or circle. But nowadays I also say "Rape Train" in my video titles, since it leads into better search results. But its definately (ok seriously, tell me how to spell that word, it's red underlined) an expression that i dislike too.

This is totally true, most good players are discovering areas for themselves for straight up kiting. Individualism comes into creating strategies which don't necessarily revolve around kiting only, and are for more than 1 player. No-one can invent and discover a kite singuarly, however you can argue that strategies and tactics can be developed by fewer people. This does not mean that they are the only ones to think of them, but there are certainly less people doing this than kiting. Nice vid Super.