4 new playable characters?

So did Treyarch or Activision for that matter say anything official about the Map Pack? Especially about Zombies?

I was just thinking maybe "New Zombie Gameplay" or whatever meant. Four Extra Players. So instead of 4 Players in Multiplayer, its now 8.

That IMO would be freaking about damn time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't really have anything to do with the new characters, but IRT to the voices, I've had a hunt through IMDB, there are very few female voice actresses credited for Black Ops, so that could help us to identify Samantha. Unfortunately Maxis and others (Dempsey and co have already been found, posted above) will be much more difficult to find.

Marilyn Sanabria, Elena Siegman and Arlene Tai are all credited as additional voices. There is also Emmanuelle Chriqui, only credited as 'Numbers' but that doesn't rule her out as a possibility.

With a bit more digging into these actresses we may be able to identify who plays Samantha. However, none of them are credited to WaW, so it may not help at all.

This is the reason why I am not buying this crap on May 3. They need to keep the same characters, With the same voice actors as they have always had. :evil:

You're not going to buy it just because there are new characters? I really don't understand why; the main focus is the gameplay...

I agree y not wait and actually see either what's it about or see other people play it then make ur decision. that's what im doing cause the new chearecters might be totally awesome ;)

Agreed, as long as there are some funny quotes I'll be fine. Like in FIVE, a lot of people hated it because of the characters, but I thought JFK and Castro were pretty cool. Nixon and McNamara I could really do without, though.

I agree y not wait and actually see either what's it about or see other people play it then make ur decision. that's what im doing cause the new chearecters might be totally awesome ;)

Agreed, as long as there are some funny quotes I'll be fine. Like in FIVE, a lot of people hated it because of the characters, but I thought JFK and Castro were pretty cool. Nixon and McNamara I could really do without, though.

PRESIDENTAL ZOMBIE KILLING BEASTLYNESS 8-)

On a different note if this is the light house as seen on der riese billboards then y the new charecters

Five is a bit different because it takes place in a governmental facility; So having government officials is okay, But to totally take out the original characters is a total crock of crap. Even with Five, We still had the same characters involved. To take them entirely out of the storyline is absurd; Which I am hoping that they don't. I hope that Escalation is just an experiment since it's only a map pack and not an actual Treyarch game with zombies as the mini-game.

I will take your advice though, And just let this play out. I know people who are going to get it on May 3, So I will see what they think about it as well.

May I be the first to laugh if Treyarc is just screwing with us about the new characters? Because they never seem to come through with their promises. For example, they promised Ascension would be packed full of easter eggs... It had about Six radios and a giant, pointless easter egg. And my only other complaint about that map is how they decided to try to make it relate to the storyline by including Sam in the radios and the MM Easter Egg. So I plan to await another Treyarc Easter Egg, like the Fly Trap and the MM Easter Egg. I hate to be a pessimist about Treyarc, but they are pretty lame with their easter eggs sometimes...

C'mon, the Kassimir Mechanism is huge. Its a big deal, even though the reward is worthless. I think that eventually the Five guys and the Zombie four are going to meet up. Ascension and Five take place at the same time. Call of the Dead is hopefully a campaign based deal, or something completely different. I want these guys to take risks, I'd rather have some possibly new and awesome and better than what we've seen so far. If you don't like the map, don't play it, but I'd much rather have something new. If these guys didn't take chances we wouldn't even have Zombie DLC period. :mrgreen: I'm all in favor of new characters. Something new would be awesome, and hopefully it will uncover more of the backstory and do something new.

BTW, I'm new. :D

There's no confirmation that any of the 4 did any voice-over work what-so-ever. Also, there's no confirmation that they did the mo-caps for Call of the Dead, it just says that it's Black Ops Zombies. It probably is for Call of the Dead though because why the hell would treyarch make the last zombies map for BO a filler.

There's no confirmation that any of the 4 did any voice-over work what-so-ever. Also, there's no confirmation that they did the mo-caps for Call of the Dead, it just says that it's Black Ops Zombies. It probably is for Call of the Dead though because why the hell would treyarch make the last zombies map for BO a filler.

? It has been confirmed that there will be 4 new characters. So, I'm not sure as to what you mean in your comment.

? It has been confirmed that there will be 4 new characters. So, I'm not sure as to what you mean in your comment.

Ya, but that's still not confirming it's these four. I'm 99% sure they are for Call of the Dead, but it still hasn't been confirmed.