Detailed Ascension Strategy with Monkey Plan, Round 50+

Mander

Hey guys, thought I'd show you the awesome strategy my friend and I came up with (though the hording part of it is a technique that's been around for ages). It works for any amount of players, and will show you how to successfully defend FIVE perks with just TWO players on high level monkeys. I've provided a full commentary to help too, because there's a lot of information in the video. Hope you like it and find it useful. Please tell me what you think in a reply.

RmCtd4NowQc

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent Mander!

very well put together, we use the exact same strategy. We havn't tried hoard merging but we've talked about it.

I really like the early rounds strategy of which doors to open, I knew we were doing that part wrong. Monkey rounds wont be so damn frustrating anymore.

anyway, great post sir definatly [brains] for you

I want to hug you. Your strat got me to round 30 easily :D We could have gone farther (It was 2 player) but i had to get off. If I hade like 5 hours handy, I could have made it to round 70 easy 2 person! if I had like 9 hours, round 100 FTW. I would LOVE to play with you sometime. GT is "tharok42" add meh! If you ever wanna play and I got time, message me and I will play. Thanks! [brains]

this is how its done. merging hordes. did that monkey plan work past round 50? next time i play were just gonna sacrifice the perks and focus on jugg and quick area, its useless to have one guy shooting endlessly at a monkey cause youll have to eventually you just cant kill them with anything other than ray gun thunder and traps. so let em take your perks and heard them into traps, run for jugg right away and buy all ur perks back next crawler break. u should have tons of points ne way if u dont you f'd up and gambled too much on box.

Hi guys,

I'm BuddhaCrane, the other guy in the video. I'm glad you all like the walkthrough!

How where one of you or both able to have 5 perks at once? Thought you could only have 4 at once??

When you already have 4 perks, if you successfully defend all the perk machines on a monkey round, without any perk machines being touched at all, then you will still get the free perk drop and you will receive your 5th perk - Quick Revive in our case.

did that monkey plan work past round 50? next time i play were just gonna sacrifice the perks and focus on jugg and quick area, its useless to have one guy shooting endlessly at a monkey cause youll have to eventually you just cant kill them with anything other than ray gun thunder and traps. so let em take your perks and heard them into traps, run for jugg right away and buy all ur perks back next crawler break. u should have tons of points ne way if u dont you f'd up and gambled too much on box.

I believe the monkey rounds are the same as dog rounds were in Kino. After 5 or so rounds of monkeys they won't get any tougher, so by round 50 you've already encounted your hardest monkey rounds. I'm not 100% sure on that but it's certainly how it appeared to be.

While you could just focus on protecting two perks on a monkey round it feels like a waste to me. As the video demonstrates, you can (quite easily actually) defend 4+ perks with only 2 players on high level monkey rounds. The key is placing your claymores in the right places every round. We never even had to go towards Speed Cola during ANY of our monkey rounds because the claymores + the fire trap dealt with every monkey that came that way.

By keeping those two doors, mentioned in the video, closed you'll be funneling monkeys through only one outside entrance to Juggernog, allowing you to check PHD Flopper at the same time. I know in the commentry Mander said to only check on PHD Flopper if you actually saw the icon flash but I don't personally recommend that. I was the one holding that area most rounds and I found it best to quickly run over there and check it after you'd dealt with the two landers that drop right outside of the building to Juggernog and turned on the fire trap; once those two landers have been dealt with you can actually hold at the gate rather than at the building entrance.

Also, really by those levels you should have Ray Gun and/or Thundergun anyway, and they will still work great against monkeys. I would recommend both players have Ray Guns personally, but Mander really wanted that Thundergun, and to show you could still defend monkeys with it.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the great comments. We may post another video sometime soon specifically detailing Monkey rounds only and some other little tips about them which we couldn't fit into this vid.

Thanks! This will defenently make it easy to beat the monkeys on March 3rd.

firstly, what's happening march 3rd? :oops:

Excellent Mander!

very well put together, we use the exact same strategy. We havn't tried hoard merging but we've talked about it.

I really like the early rounds strategy of which doors to open, I knew we were doing that part wrong. Monkey rounds wont be so damn frustrating anymore.

anyway, great post sir definatly [brains] for you

secondly... love the pic dude! was it something u did yourself or bought online?

Yes, monkeys do still get harder every time. At round 53 with 2 players, it took 3 upgraded thunder gun shots to kill one. And it takes a clip of upgraded raygun to kill 1 monkey.

Btw, you shouldn't put "Round 50+" in the title if you have only been to 38. 40's are way harder than the 30's... And well, as you could imagine the 50's are even harder yet.

I got to round 55 with 2 players, 4750 kills, and im #60 on leader boards for rounds(damn glitchers took up like 50 spots).

Not boasting, i am willing to give an in game, detailed full strategy guide to anyone who wants it.

Just send me a message on xbl saying "codz ascension walk through" and i will play with you and show you exactly how to get to 50+. :)

gt= jacob404

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Hey whats up i was watching your video and when you are gaurding juggernog from monkeys you said they only come through the doorway. I have had them come down the stairs from where you turn on the power is there a reason for this?

They will come down the stairs from the power room if you have got the gate to the left of the power switch open, the one that leads to the stairs that has the hole in the wall. That's the only way for monkey's to come from the stairs above Juggernog.