Black Ops =/= CoD7

Gr4phix

I feel as though I'm the only one who gets irritated when it comes to Black Ops and people saying "CoD7". While it's a little petpeeve, it still is irritating when they say :

CoD7 - Black Ops

CoD6 - MW2

CoD5 - WaW

I'm ranting a bit here because it IS a petpeeve, and I just want to know if I'm the only one who feels this way?

Call of Duty is still on number 4. WaW, MW2, and Black Ops are their own.. branches, I guess you could say.

/end rant.

PS: I'm extremely tired, so if something doesn't make sense, tell me and I'll fix it. Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cod 1 wasn't called cod 1,

All the main branches are named 1,2 etc and the ds/ps2/psp ones dont count, they are the version for that number, you know how cod MW2 mobalised was the ds version of Mw2

First 3 are what we call the original trilogy

CoD - 1

CoD2 - 2

CoD3 - 3

simple, but that sounds stupid when we get to cod 10 so they called them:

CoD: Modern Warfare - 4

CoD: WaW - 5

CoD: MW2 - 6

CoD: BO - 7

you remember people at treyarch saying about cod 5

This is the 5th call of duty
even though they didn't put 5 on it.

Activision say these are their 7 main titles, so we can call them that.

there are other cods, people i hear say black ops is the 20th or something are wrong :D

CoD: United Offensive was an expansion pack to cod1, example is DoW games there are 4 'expansion packs' which are completely seperate games, but then they released DoW2 last year :)

Call of Duty: Finest Hour was the ps2 version of cod1

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One was the ps2 version of cod 2 :P

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory was a psp version of cod3

Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts ps2 version of cod WaW

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized was the ds version of Mw2

Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies 1 and 2, the zombie maps for iphone

Call of Duty: The War Collection, the ultimate version it has cod 2 3 and 5 for xbox all treyarch games...

so you see we are on 7th main cod game

Cod 1 wasn't called cod 1,

All the main branches are named 1,2 etc and the ds/ps2/psp ones dont count, they are the version for that number, you know how cod MW2 mobalised was the ds version of Mw2

First 3 are what we call the original trilogy

CoD - 1

CoD2 - 2

CoD3 - 3

simple, but that sounds stupid when we get to cod 10 so they called them:

CoD: Modern Warfare - 4

CoD: WaW - 5

CoD: MW2 - 6

CoD: BO - 7

you remember people at treyarch saying about cod 5

This is the 5th call of duty
even though they didn't put 5 on it.

Activision say these are their 7 main titles, so we can call them that.

there are other cods, people i hear say black ops is the 20th or something are wrong :D

CoD: United Offensive was an expansion pack to cod1, example is DoW games there are 4 'expansion packs' which are completely seperate games, but then they released DoW2 last year :)

Call of Duty: Finest Hour was the ps2 version of cod1

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One was the ps2 version of cod 2 :P

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory was a psp version of cod3

Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts ps2 version of cod WaW

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized was the ds version of Mw2

Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies 1 and 2, the zombie maps for iphone

Call of Duty: The War Collection, the ultimate version it has cod 2 3 and 5 for xbox all treyarch games...

so you see we are on 7th main cod game

THANK YOU

Black Ops is the 7th installment, Modern Warfare 2 the 6th and World at War the 5th. We won't have a "Call Of Duty 5" because they are shying away from numbered games. Look at movie titles, for example, Final Destination was numbered up to 3, then the fourth one was called THE Final Destination. Now they're making a fifth one, labelled as Final Destination 5. If they go back to numbering again they will have Call of Duty 8. Because there have been 7 previous installments in the series.

That's why they call the games "CoD6" or "CoD7". If it bothers you, it's understandable, it bothers me too, but they're generally correct. Even developers have called the games by these names. I couldn't tell you where but I remember seeing Robert Bowling call Modern Warfare 2 "Call Of Duty 6". Some people from Treyarch called World At War "Call Of Duty 5". I wish they would just number the games, instead they're adding titles to make the games look better.

@Shoreyo :

CoD4 IS CoD4 because it says on the title :

Call of Duty 4:

Modern Warfare

This is the same thing that happened with GTA, when people were saying Vice City and San Andreas were the 4th and 5th, then once GTA4 came out, people just stated them like they should be.

If they do go back to numbered CoD's, it might actually be Call of Duty 5.

PS: I want a pretzel. :)

@Shoreyo :

CoD4 IS CoD4 because it says on the title :

Call of Duty 4:

Modern Warfare

This is the same thing that happened with GTA, when people were saying Vice City and San Andreas were the 4th and 5th, then once GTA4 came out, people just stated them like they should be.

If they do go back to numbered CoD's, it might actually be Call of Duty 5.

PS: I want a pretzel. :)

it wont, since there is a pic in w@w files that says: Call of duty V, so w@w is the 5th and mw2 is sadly the 6th, and black ops is the 7th.

The only one I have a problem with people saying is in the series is CoD MW2, I know that it is the sixth one...but it doesn't deserve to be set in with the other ones

Remember when the first image of the front cover of mw2 came out it didn't have the words call of duty and there was this kid on this site who screamed at me because i called it cod mw2 or cod6 he said it wasn't part of cod as is didn't have cod in a picture :lol: noob :mrgreen:

The only one I have a problem with people saying is in the series is CoD MW2, I know that it is the sixth one...but it doesn't deserve to be set in with the other ones

Remember when the first image of the front cover of mw2 came out it didn't have the words call of duty and there was this kid on this site who screamed at me because i called it cod mw2 or cod6 he said it wasn't part of cod as is didn't have cod in a picture :lol: noob :mrgreen:

yeah, sucha noob

yeah, sucha noob

lol i don't remember that specific incident, but I remember the whole CoD/not CoD fiasco with MW2