End of the line for Quickscopers???

DEMON xMYQx

So, recently David Vonderhaar a.k.a Vahn made a tweet regarding Sleight Of Hand pro. I was very happy to read what he said in that tweet. Someone had asked about the fast Aim Down Sight (ADS) with Sniper Rifles using Sleight Of Hand. This is exactly what Vahn had to say:

Sleight of Hand Pro does not work with any sniper class weapon.

Now, with that in mind, how many of you actually did Quickscope in Modern Warfare 2? I did, but only when I got bored. I usually snipe the way the sniper is meant to be used. But it's gotten to the point where if you even look through your scope for 0.5 seconds you're hardscoping. Why did people like zzirGrizz and the OpTic clan have to ruin these games?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did people like zzirGrizz and the OpTic clan have to ruin these games?

Ruin?

I quickscope, and honestly, I think it's fun. It provides even more longevity for any CoD game for me, and it's just hella fun.

Infact, for me, Grizz and Optic have opened up a new way of playing for me.

Even if SoH Pro doesn't work with Snipers, I'm going to quickscope anyway.

Also, remember, this is a GAME not real fucking life! I'm sorry for the language, but it really pisses me off when people like you, say that Optic and Grizz and others have RUINED an ASPECT of a game, not the game entirely. Back to my point of it being a game where you're supposed to have fun and take your mind off real life (Keep this in mind, this is IMPORTANT.) quickscoping again, is fun and I love it when I get an amazing shot on someone.

Sorry for the rant, but it's my two cents and I feel it needed to be said.

it really pisses me off when people like you, say that Optic and Grizz and others have RUINED an ASPECT of a game, not the game entirely.

People like me? You mean people who want to play the game the way it's meant to be played and not be overburdened by a full team of quickscopers who think they're the next OpTic Predator? Alright, so say, people like me, want to One Man Army grenade launch. Not saying I do, just an example. So, you join a match and you get grenade launched by me. You're going to bitch and complain after the match aren't you?

Hypocrisy is a huge part of gaming today. People enjoy grenade launchers, it's funny to watch that character fly through the air. Others despise it and hate that people use these features, then those people use it themselves. However, I don't try to be like OpTic or Grizz, I just do my own thing. I'll quickscope from time to time, but it's not a chronic thing for me. For them, it is.

As for your point of "ruining an aspect of the game" they have done more than that. They've showed a flaw from the developers that will not be patched because it's so popular. Now you can't even join a match without encountering a quickscoper. This is in a sense "ruining the game" as I said above. However, you're right, Quickscoping is entertaining and you feel good after getting that shot, but how do you think your victim feels?

quick scoping took skill in COD4 (and i can do it) it also did in W@W (i cant do it) and in mw2 it has become too easy anything u see in youtube u can do it try that with a montage from cod 4 or W@W i hope quickscoping takes skill again because before mw2 anybody that could quickscope needed skill now it just as easy as aming down your sights

everyone knows its a game but you have to remember that people play the games legit and no quick scopeing and all that stuff i mean ive always played legit never tried that quick scopeing thing and i mean it gets really frustraiting haveing alot of people constantly quickscopeing you and you just rage quit im glad bo solved this problem

it really pisses me off when people like you, say that Optic and Grizz and others have RUINED an ASPECT of a game, not the game entirely.

People like me? You mean people who want to play the game the way it's meant to be played and not be overburdened by a full team of quickscopers who think they're the next OpTic Predator? Alright, so say, people like me, want to One Man Army grenade launch. Not saying I do, just an example. So, you join a match and you get grenade launched by me. You're going to bitch and complain after the match aren't you?

Hypocrisy is a huge part of gaming today. People enjoy grenade launchers, it's funny to watch that character fly through the air. Others despise it and hate that people use these features, then those people use it themselves. However, I don't try to be like OpTic or Grizz, I just do my own thing. I'll quickscope from time to time, but it's not a chronic thing for me. For them, it is.

As for your point of "ruining an aspect of the game" they have done more than that. They've showed a flaw from the developers that will not be patched because it's so popular. Now you can't even join a match without encountering a quickscoper. This is in a sense "ruining the game" as I said above. However, you're right, Quickscoping is entertaining and you feel good after getting that shot, but how do you think your victim feels?

Alright, I'll admit it, I went a bit out of line when I meant you and I apologize. As to your OMA + Noob Tube Example, yes I will bitch and complain, as the match is going on, and after the match because I know it's going to happen again. Also, how is the game meant to be played? By a sniper actually being a sniper and laying or sitting in one spot for God knows how long to finally get one kill? That's not fun, that's just boring.

I agree with hypocrisy being a huge part of gaming today, because when something pisses you off, it's like a plague. Say I was MLC-ing, and it pissed you off, you'd probably do it the next round or RPG me or something, to try and get back at me. I don't try to be like OpTic or Grizz either, I think 360's and all that are overrated. I just quickscope, cause I think it's cool, fun and entertaining.

Are quickscopers the only ones who've ruined a game like MW2? I would say not, I mean, we have MLC, OMA + Noobtubers, RPG-ers, and the list goes on and on! So quickscoping is popular, so what? I've run into a TON of Quickscopers who ultimately suck, and have only found a majority who are actually good and can hold their own. How do I think my victim feels? It depends. If the guy is actually good, and he's pulling off God-Like shots left and right, I'll watch my killcams and go, "Holy damn that guys good!" or, "Fuuuu- I wish I could do that!" and try and mimic or see what he did to get better. Like I said before, quickscopers most of the time ultimately suck, and are easy to kill and get points off of, you have to admit that you like ranking up and stuff, right?

Ending thoughts :

If this turns into a flame war, I'll call it quits. But for now, it's just my two cents and I hope I haven't started a flame war or anything.

:] I'll add my two quarters into this. Because I like quarters.

I don't know what the hell a Grizz is. Or an Optic. I could care less why we need to include some bears and optic things into this conversation. I probably sound retarded, but that's how much I pay attention to the CoD community. :]

Honestly, I hate everything about quickscoping. People who do it; me doing it; the fact that it exists; the fact that being scoped in for more than .5 seconds does get you yelled at for hardscoping. Thinking back, [i only started playing from CoD4], I never encountered a Quickscoper until MW2 like a few months ago. And then it suddenly became as big of a deal as microwaveable mac and cheese.

It honestly doesn't process through my mind why it became so cool all of a sudden. To me, I honestly hate the sound of "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! *reload pause* BOOM! BOOM! AAAUGH! [death comes up]" If you suck at it, then don't do it. If you're good at it, then that's fine by me -- just don't make that big of a deal about it -- but a lot of the time I just hate hearing the sound of a sniper popping over and over again and no one kills anyone until they bust out their secondary and kill them.

Especially in Search. Quickscoping in Search definitely has to be the most annoying thing in the world. Especially when they are the last one. Like for gods sake, just effing Hardscope! There's a mute button for a reason; you don't need to listen to anyone have a bitchfit over you hardscoping. Because that's what a sniper is for: Hardscoping.

I'll shut up now.

Basically, this style of sniping, and most of the way we play CoD, is linked to the realism of the game, eventually i hope it will become like it is nowdays, snipers working in pairs of two (yes, snipers arn't loners) one spotting and providing the heavy support incase it goes wrong (like a LMG or Stinger) while the other actually snipes, the closest we've seen is the mission in CoD4 with Price and MacMillan in Chernobyl, MacMillan seemed to take the position of the spotter - strange as normally the more experianced one would do the sniping...

I found a film clip with an example of this: even this isn't realistic but its closer than normal (also in this film he says the exact thing MacMillan says as you shoot Zakhiev about the corriolis effect :P annother example of a game steal;ing ideas of a movie...

cut to 1:40

Nr74TIfBBec

SoH pro not working on snipers won't get rid of quickscoping. In MW2 they made it take about 1.50x longer to scope in. But they introduced SoH pro, so overall it took .75x less time to scope in. In black ops its just going to be like it was in w@w and Cod4, 1.0x. Quickscoping first got popular in cod4, since BO is using the cod4 formula it should still be popular.

SoH pro not working on snipers won't get rid of quickscoping. In MW2 they made it take about 1.50x longer to scope in. But they introduced SoH pro, so overall it took .75x less time to scope in. In black ops its just going to be like it was in w@w and Cod4, 1.0x. Quickscoping first got popular in cod4, since BO is using the cod4 formula it should still be popular.

Teyarch normally make guns more realistic and therfore hardser to use skillfully, plus the fact this is in the past will make it harder to do this kind of thing, how many quickscopers did you see in cod5? granted snipers were around but they sniped while far away in camp spots, so overall i expect cod 7 to be like cod 5

Teyarch normally make guns more realistic and therfore hardser to use skillfully, plus the fact this is in the past will make it harder to do this kind of thing, how many quickscopers did you see in cod5? granted snipers were around but they sniped while far away in camp spots, so overall i expect cod 7 to be like cod 5

In w@w you pretty much have to hardscope, cause most of the time the first bullet you shoot wont register since hit detection is so horrible in that game.

Ok, if you guys really want Realistic in a game, then lets say that the next CoD game after Black Ops had this :

1 Life - You could only die once, and then you could never play it again.

Real Gore - A .50 Cal hits you in your leg, it's not going to be there the next second.

Snipers - Corriolis Effect, Wind Speed, Gravity, Spotting, Distance, etc.

Real Reloading - When you reload in Mw2, CoD4, etc. you take replace your clip that you have, but you keep the ammo that was still in the clip. Like, if I had a clip of 12/30 and reloaded with 100 Spare Rounds, my Spare Rounds would go down to 18. This would take away all of the ammo you still have in a clip.

I honestly can't think of anything else right now, so if anyone would want to add on, please go ahead. Now, taking from that, isn't this realistic? Is THAT what you guys want? Games aren't supposed to be realistic, they're supposed to be fun. Quickscoping to me, is fun. That's why I do it, like I've stated many times before.

@Wince : zzirGrizz I believe is the one who started the whole, "Quickscoping" idea. OpTic is a clan who Quickscopes in Clan Battles.

@Shoreyo : "strange as normally the more experianced one would do the sniping..." Let me ask you this, would you really want to sit back and just target people? Not being able to kill any? Not being able to sit right under a tree and snipe some dude in the face and seeing the blood splatter out the back of his skull!?!? I know that I'd, HATE that. Also, you say that Treyarch makes guns more realistic, yet I haven't seen a Jamming gun, a backfire, etc.

@BBS: So, I'm not the only one who thought that the snipers in W@W weren't registering?! THERE MUST BE A LORD!

Ok, if you guys really want Realistic in a game, then lets say that the next CoD game after Black Ops had this :

Real Gore - A .50 Cal hits you in your leg, it's not going to be there the next second.

Real Reloading - When you reload in Mw2, CoD4, etc. you take replace your clip that you have, but you keep the ammo that was still in the clip. Like, if I had a clip of 12/30 and reloaded with 100 Spare Rounds, my Spare Rounds would go down to 18. This would take away all of the ammo you still have in a clip.

I honestly can't think of anything else right now, so if anyone would want to add on, please go ahead. Now, taking from that, isn't this realistic? Is THAT what you guys want? Games aren't supposed to be realistic, they're supposed to be fun. Quickscoping to me, is fun. That's why I do it, like I've stated many times before.

@Wince : zzirGrizz I believe is the one who started the whole, "Quickscoping" idea. OpTic is a clan who Quickscopes in Clan Battles.

@Shoreyo : "strange as normally the more experianced one would do the sniping..." Let me ask you this, would you really want to sit back and just target people? Not being able to kill any? Not being able to sit right under a tree and snipe some dude in the face and seeing the blood splatter out the back of his skull!?!? I know that I'd, HATE that. Also, you say that Treyarch makes guns more realistic, yet I haven't seen a Jamming gun, a backfire, etc.

@BBS: So, I'm not the only one who thought that the snipers in W@W weren't registering?! THERE MUST BE A LORD!

Call of Duty has never been about realism, as it's an arcade shooter. But even CoD needs some realism.

And Quickscoping in MW2 is awful because of the auto-aim and bullet detection. Most of the time when you quickscope, the sights get targeted on the player who is in the general direction that you are aiming. And if you get a game winning kill by quckscoping, half the tiem the bullet doesn't actually touch the guy, it goes within a metre of him and he dies.

That is why I dislike quickscopers. Especially when they claim that it is harder than "hardscoping".

Call of Duty has never been about realism, as it's an arcade shooter. But even CoD needs some realism.

And Quickscoping in MW2 is awful because of the auto-aim and bullet detection. Most of the time when you quickscope, the sights get targeted on the player who is in the general direction that you are aiming. And if you get a game winning kill by quckscoping, half the tiem the bullet doesn't actually touch the guy, it goes within a metre of him and he dies.

That is why I dislike quickscopers. Especially when they claim that it is harder than "hardscoping".

I actually agree 100% with you. No sarcasm involved, I'm going to turn off my Auto-Aim next time I play MW2.

I need to know, do you guys hate Quickscoping all around, just the little brats who yell at you when you Hardscope, hit detection, what?

Cause, it doesn't seem like it's so much the Quickscoping, just what has made quickscoping (Hit Detection, Auto Aim, etc.)

i honestly would love a game like this

1. the one life thing is a little excessive since its still a game

2. realistic gore would be amazing not like W@W when you sometimes hit a guy in the chest with the ptrs and he lost a leg

3. batlefield has amazing sniper mechanics even though its just elevation is still 1000 times more realistic than cod. There was a game for ps2 set in ww2 that was about a sniper and it had perfect sniper mechanics evrything u mentioned if that was in the ps2 why cant the ps3 have it

4. realoding theres been game that have it so why can they make a game like that

5. about the backfire and jamming far cry 2 had it down to a T it was amazing the level of detail they put just into the guns

Now if somebody decided to make a game with real gore, real sniper mechanics, realistic realoding, and the jamming of the guns it would be amazing and i would buy it

Alright so first off quick scoping started off in cod2. In cod4 the acog sight for snipers was introduced to allow for quickscoping. Now yes people used reg scope to quickscope but that's besides the point. In mw2 soh pro was meant to help snipers quickscope so its not a flaw, it's a game mechanic. Now i personally love quickscoping in general, it doesn't matter which cod (cod4, cod5, mw2), but i'm not upset about soh pro not working on sniper classes in Black Ops as i use marathon rather than soh pro. And im glad that quickscoping will take skill again. (And for the record i hardscope like a champ when its necessary).

But there's just one thing i don't get..

How does quickscoping piss you off when for

1)90% of people who try to quickscope suck

2)you die in 2-3 shots from most every gun

3)you get danger close noob tubed 10 times more often

Oh and one last thing, for those that don't know, zzirGrizz pretty much invented quickscoping and original thinking in the cod series. He's a well known youtuber. Optic is a competitive sniping clan and are probably the most well known but not necessarily the best.

Sorry for the long post but i just had to do it.

-Billy-

I've actually said i would prefer jamming in annother topic, so guns also have a reliability bar of stat and you can getr perks to increase this, like : "lucky charm" no chance of ever having a missfire, and DO WHAT THEY DID IN GEARS with the active reloading...

also CORRIOLIS EFFECT? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS? Real snipers never have to worry about that as most never shoot past a mile and the ones who do normally use high tech equipment... :D

Alright so first off quick scoping started off in cod2. In cod4 the acog sight for snipers was introduced to allow for quickscoping. Now yes people used reg scope to quickscope but that's besides the point. In mw2 soh pro was meant to help snipers quickscope so its not a flaw, it's a game mechanic. Now i personally love quickscoping in general, it doesn't matter which cod (cod4, cod5, mw2), but i'm not upset about soh pro not working on sniper classes in Black Ops as i use marathon rather than soh pro. And im glad that quickscoping will take skill again. (And for the record i hardscope like a champ when its necessary).

But there's just one thing i don't get..

How does quickscoping piss you off when for

1)90% of people who try to quickscope suck

2)you die in 2-3 shots from most every gun

3)you get danger close noob tubed 10 times more often

Oh and one last thing, for those that don't know, zzirGrizz pretty much invented quickscoping and original thinking in the cod series. He's a well known youtuber. Optic is a competitive sniping clan and are probably the most well known but not necessarily the best.

Sorry for the long post but i just had to do it.

-Billy-

lol ACOG was added in CoD 4 for quickscoping? what a fail. do some research on what ACOG is, then come back. also it makes people mad because it is the same base as glitching the game. you are taking advantage of a broken AIM Assist system. Also quickscoping was not big until the first half of this year. i started in cod 4, and never had i quickscoper before MW2, now when i got to cod 4, all i hear is sniper bullets.

So, recently David Vonderhaar a.k.a Vahn made a tweet regarding Sleight Of Hand pro. I was very happy to read what he said in that tweet. Someone had asked about the fast Aim Down Sight (ADS) with Sniper Rifles using Sleight Of Hand. This is exactly what Vahn had to say:

Now, with that in mind, how many of you actually did Quickscope in Modern Warfare 2? I did, but only when I got bored. I usually snipe the way the sniper is meant to be used. But it's gotten to the point where if you even look through your scope for 0.5 seconds you're hardscoping. Why did people like zzirGrizz and the OpTic clan have to ruin these games?

im sorry i ruined the game experience for u....i only did what everyone wanted me to do which is make vids for people to enjoy....and we will always be quickscoping, just because there wont be Slight of Hands PRO doesnt mean there wont be any quickscoping....people have been quickscoping since cod 2 and that wont change..............

im sorry i ruined the game experience for u....i only did what everyone wanted me to do which is make vids for people to enjoy....and we will always be quickscoping, just because there wont be Slight of Hands PRO doesnt mean there wont be any quickscoping....people have been quickscoping since cod 2 and that wont change..............

I honestly don't think you're the real Predator.

I'm sorry for saying that if you are, but there are a TON of imitators out there, as you know and I hope you can understand mate.

@Shoreyo : I put the Corriolis Effect there just cause, does it really matter? Seeing as how the rest of what I've put really can determine a shot almost always. I also don't see Jamming being put to use in MP, it may work for other games, but I don't see it happening in such a fast-paced game.

Quickscoping is the cheapest way to get kills in MW2, but it is also one of the easiest. I remember the first time I got quickscoped in a match, so the next match I asked him what he was using and copied him. That match I went 12-0 (S&D). After that I didn't do it very much cause it felt cheap. I like to feel like I'm earning my kills, maybe that's just me.