TRANSMISSION #5 IS UP ON GKNOVA6!

Files.jpg (the bottom-left corner of the document) is a jpegRAR. Contained are two files.

One, file2.jpg, is identical to files.jpg.

Another is file2.txt which is really super long. I've Pastebin'd it here.

(To open it as a .rar archive, just rename files.jpg to files.rar and open it.)

The file2.txt is just an encoded txt file of the same picture. I just renamed it file2.uue and used "uuedecode file2.uue" in the command prompt. It decoded the file to a jpeg, ...it's the same pic.

So, the only thing to do right now is to find a way to get that password for that .rar file. But i don't have a clue. It surely contains the missing part of that document.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the document thus far there are 4 blanks that need to be filled in. the second blank is the missing part of the file that we have yet to discover...

btw what is the password for the rar file?

Where did mathYOU get that file portion from:???

you download the files.jpg and save it as "files.rar" then open the rar and open the "file2.txt" in notepad and then save as "file2.jpg"

new post from Giovan May 6, 11:51pm

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cons ... 51a4c39ce#

> Where the hell are my files!

Damn it Ace! Its only a matter of time before these nova 'crackers'

figure out the password on the second quadrant.

Next time we'll have to do this differently.

Noticed that too.

Hmmm... so, there are the "good guys" hiding all the stuff from Nova. And there are the "bad guys" - Nova itself and the Nova "Crackers" helping them. Question is: Shouldn't we just stop searching... because we are on the wrong site, working for the Evil Nova Project, turning people into something weird... ? I think Treyarch would not be pleased if we turn this joke on them. But maybe it's a try ;-)

Still nothing to be found to get that pass for the rar. Tried a lot of stuff... nothing worked.

Noticed that too.

Hmmm... so, there are the "good guys" hiding all the stuff from Nova. And there are the "bad guys" - Nova itself and the Nova "Crackers" helping them. Question is: Shouldn't we just stop searching... because we are on the wrong site, working for the Evil Nova Project, turning people into something weird... ? I think Treyarch would not be pleased if we turn this joke on them. But maybe it's a try ;-)

Still nothing to be found to get that pass for the rar. Tried a lot of stuff... nothing worked.

we still dont kno if this if from treyarch. haha jk yea ive been tryin to crack the rar file but no success.

any idea on what he means by "second quadrant" in math terms that would be the top left section on a graph (-x,y)

could be the unfinished image where we have quadrant 2,3, and 4 so maybe something to solve in the top left image maybe?? it does look like the corner has been chopped or something...??

Has anyone tried using dragon lady as the password in different forms?

1) Dragon Lady

2) DragonLady

3) dragon lady

4) dragonlady

Thought I'd try putting my cents in to help with the RAR's password. Also try using an underscore instead of a space. Most passwords don't use the space because it's more often than not, not a character.

By "cheating" this ARG it's possible you guys are only going to make it more difficult to solve?!?

The form is defined by intense player involvement with a story that takes place in real-time and evolves according to participants' responses

The spy plane? I can see the link between that and all the other cold war stuff, my assumption was that maybe it was being used to beam radio waves into people's heads to brainwash them or something. Not sure how it fits with the passwords tho

new post from Giovan May 6, 11:51pm

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cons ... 51a4c39ce#

> Where the hell are my files!

Damn it Ace! Its only a matter of time before these nova 'crackers'

figure out the password on the second quadrant.

Next time we'll have to do this differently.

So there is going to be a "next time" then. Looks like this is not over yet.

redsideup85 from the unfictionforum just found out that the password for the rar-file is dragonladyninethreethreezeroeight.

The full document can be found here: http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1446/novafile.jpg

Uggghhh!!!! ..... all combinations I tried last night were dragon lady 93308 ..... never occured to use the entire decoded phrase :facepalm: such a slap in the face lol.

LOL. I just finished lunch and spoke with my wife about all this and she came up with the same solution. Too late. :-)

Sometimes the obvious is too obvious to find.

So, this last document is from 5. Sep. 1944 !! And the Translation Department got it on March, 2. 1968. Interesting.

So, if this does not lead us to Nazi-Zombie experiments, what else would ?

I think not only nazi tried to make zombies.

CIA? In trailer there is English dialog.

Yeah... but as i mentioned it before : I think the guy speaking has a slight German accent.

Maybe.

BTW, it is a Cold War! Soviet Russia found a German scientist and he works for them.

And true USA heroes will come and defeat bad guys! :lol:

Couple of ways to look at this. The note was received by the translation department so originally it wasn't written in English. German is a possibility. So basically secret German documents were recovered after WWII and were translated in the late 60's.

Also if you remember some of the discussions we had towards the end of the zombie story in Der Riese at the end of WWII German scientists were taken away to a secret location by the US. So the guy speaking in German accent in the trailer would fit nicely into this.

Ofcourse none of that suggests anything about zombies BUT it looks like they are trying to work off of Nazi experiments around the time of WWII.

nice work on the dragonlady thing, I would have never used freedoma

anyway it looks like now we have a nice group of 7 digit numbers in this document:

At the top:

GK 0984242

SR (a) = 2010032

DR (B) = 0510032

SR © = 2010022

TR (d) = 1915032

IR (e) = 0002036

I just wanted to filling the rest of the numbers and add in the type of report. Still thinking about what these could mean.

Yes I agree the first two letters may be important. Thanks for posting this.