NML - Never My Luck

5-6hrs of NML games today, and I've set the WR for being shitted on during that time frame.

- 32 speed cola spawns in a row, so I then shut the 360 off, smoked, visited the local pub for a few...... Came back revamped and then....

- 24 speed cola spawns in a row. Ok, this is fucked up, or maybe I'm really danked up, or am I color blind?!??! Wtf so I check my graphic settings, tv is gr8, and found out my vision is all good, Im seeing red and greens..

"All right, let do this.....there she is, that big sexy, FINALLY, JUG!!!!!

......... But, what the? Why can't I find a single zombie in ANY of the mud pits? You give me 56 speed colas in a row, then THEN I am blessed with jug, but you've now decided to spawn all the zombies as far away as possible, which gave me a whopping 3 kills before the buzzer"

Someone give me a mother f~~king sign, suggestion, trick, anything!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can help you with a good strategy for NML on CoDZ, it's Chopper. He is the highest ranked out of anyone on here I believe with 360 kills and is ranked joint 10th on Zombie Records for it.

http://zombierecords.net/no-mans-land/

I had 178 kills on my old account but have failed to get close to it with my DBZ account. Not touched zombies in months myself though but when I was playing NML I was getting lucky enough with my spawn rates etc but was failing to get the M&S within the desired time frame and so would peak around 90 kills and would end up killing myself with the M&S trying hard to get more kills quickly.

Either way, Chopper is the man to help you learn the best strategies.

At least jug spawns consistently now after re-downloading the DLC. Those speed cola spawns were rather comical.

These are my initial goals

1. 2k pts before the final buzzer

2. First grenade wipes out entire hoard

3. Collateral bullet pts

4. Pray

2,3 are consistent for me but I've never received the spawns for 2k pts. Even with shooting 2 bullets in a couple and knifing those even after the buzzer usually puts me at 1400-1600. The dogs are what end my game, everytime!

What sound/beep spawns these dogs?

Are there actual spawn spots for the dogs?

Should I be aiming for em?

Edited by mralways1

After The running beep I make my way to the pipe clockwise from the side drop, at the side drop usually allows 2 extra kills. On your way over to the pipe will usually net you one more double knife kill and 1 dog. Once you reach the pipe you want to cut back and loop anti clockwise of the front pool to the front PAP cage.

Now back at the front of the cage you should be at your second beep or slightly after. Don't get to fussed on nade placement as a few crawlers will net you more points through knifing. Hold your ground here for a few seconds as you have some time before the spawns reach you. Hopefully 2 dogs will spawn as they are still 1 hit kill.

Next beep, dogs become 2 hits. Your about to leave and start next anti clockwise loop from pipe to side drop. Leave the dogs alone now and concentrate on using your pistol for points. Now it's time for your second nade on the side drop of the pap cage. Everything going well you have injured most zombies before the nade and accumulated points, this nade needs good timing. Quickly fire your last round of ammo into the crawlers. This should be enough points without knifing the last ones. In the event you need to knife after second nade I loop the edge of the cage, this keeps the runners and dogs tight but the crawlers on there own for safety.

I've been aiming for the dogs, trying to eliminate them as soon as I can so they are out of my way. Been ape shit crazy killing the dogs, which at times leaves me with more then 4 on the map when I go down.

So I should leave 1 dog from the 2nd beep that's still 1 knife, and that will keep the dog numbers down until I'm pap n jugged.

I will be attempting shortly, thanks [emoji4]

After the second beep you can go to the telepad if you want to stop the dogs spawning, saying that they sometimes still spawn and your second nade is hard to time up there. It works for some but I can't master it. The only time I go up there is after PAP to get nig nog.

After the 3rd beep I tend to not worry about the dogs at all until I've got my M&S, so you can end up with quite a few. It takes practice running with dogs and zombies. There will always be times where they leap across the map and wreck your day. That's just NML

Personally I recommend playing even when speed cola drops, you tend to get better spawns and makes good practice for PAP consistency. Once you have a consistent PAP then only play for jug.

I've done 196 with speed cola 6 minutes in and ammo left, makes good practice on M&S placement. Bloody dog thought I was shooting a tennis ball and tried to catch it right in front of me. Lol.

I always play through jug/speed now, and I've got the spawns 2/7 are at least 2200k pts. But after 3hrs of attempts I'm stalling at 60 kills at 2:30. Just seems that I may not be understanding the dogs spawns period. I've been playing without much thought, or regard to them besides the theory of "kill what always kills you ASAP".

Where can I read the NML Bible?

How does the Strength increase of dogs work here?

Do they recover health?

Single kills like Knifing crawlers May or may not spawn a dog?

I've asked around and those questions seem to get mixed answers from a few on xbox.

This might not make sense but here goes, don't worry about the dogs but watch the dogs moreso than the zombies. If your getting 60 kills your getting PAP, that's stage 1.

2nd stage is PAP to jugg, this is just as hard as PAP as you need 2500 points with only a few shots and as quick as possible. again forget the dogs but focus on the dogs before firing a shot. Don't focus on killing the dogs, focus M&S placement or you will go down. Dogs will jump right into your shot.

Once you have jugg you can get a little more trigger happy.

Look at it in 3 stages.

1 PAP

2 PAP to Jugg

3 Kill quickly until out of ammo

All 3 stages you need to play aggressive and quickly otherwise they get too strong and you waste ammo.

Remember focus on the dogs more than the zombies, focus on killing the zombies more than the dogs. Sorry if I done your head in there.

Ps, dogs will always spawn, the spawn is random and so is the number of them. To reduce or eliminate dog spawns is to play the entire game on the telepad.

I followed Choppers list of how to basically approach NML, and I think I was acting as if I was going to hit 300. Yea, that's not gonna happen overnight!

Logically thinking, I set at 150 kills and took my time. Even with a bad spawn, I hit 160 after a few attempts... Thank god! And that was even without jug, which now just makes me angry!!!!!!!!

Edited by mralways1

160 is good. Remember players like Chopper are exceptionally good. Take small steps. I too made the mistake of trying to replicate these players. Like the saying you need to be able to walk before you can run.

NML is frustrating, you wait until you get 159 then fail to PAP 5 games in a row, then play what you think is a beast game only to find out you got 161.

I remember 1 game I thought I was clearing hordes cleanly and quickly and looking at about 270 only to find out I had 205. I don't think I was getting full spawns. NML is a cruel yet addictive game mode. I really hope next zombies has a NML style game mode.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Remember players like Chopper are exceptionally good well practised

If you knew the hours and hours and hours that are behind my newer videos you'd understand.  Sure, I might have always had quick reflexes and 'shakeability' but NML is almost as much about management as anything.

Stud's 3 part analogy is very true for NML.  My original list of basic approach is pretty good.  Just remember unless you are a freak ninja zombie player, you are going to need to put in hundreds of hours to get towards 300.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hells Warrrior

I've always wanted to do it mate, I've even tried on 3 or 4 occasions but it's just too difficult for me to do.

The main problem is where to stop with advice - when I've done just high level clip notes for instance I realise that the guide could end up being 100 pages or so.

A big issue for me is that I've spent hundreds of hours talking with Scottie and Steve about the most benign details of the mode.

The thing is the majority of the stuff we talk about is the little things that add up, what makes the difference between a 360 and 370 game, 371 - 375, 376 - 379 etc.

Breaking buzzer rhythm and gaining it back, when to not keep trying to stab a dog, where to stand to spawn trap dogs depending on how you kill a hoard, when to revert to cage shots, when to go to the pad to cancel dog spawns, when to kill half hoards (rarely).....

So every time I try and write it down, I just get overwhelmed.  I know the basics so well, without needing to think about them while playing that to describe them is very difficult.

Mate if I get time later I'll try and search through my old posts to see what I can glean out of them,

@Hells Warrrior

Breaking buzzer rhythm and gaining it back, when to not keep trying to stab a dog, where to stand to spawn trap dogs depending on how you kill a hoard, when to revert to cage shots, when to go to the pad to cancel dog spawns, when to kill half hoards (rarely).....

That right there, is what step I'm at. I cannot find anything online that talks about this. Feel free to share it if you'd happen to come across it, but my question is "which has more pages? Chops NML Guide or the Bible (Old Testament verison) lol

@

I'll need to get a guide put together for NML (video wise) breaking it down into sections.

• How to start
  • When to use grenades
  • When to move to the teleporter, when to pap
  • when to jugg etc
I've never mastered NML and I want to give it more of a shot tbh, but I have my reasons for guides ;)
I didn't agree with it all, but I pulled 1 or 2 useful things from this guys dos and donts guide to nml. Chops are hands down the most helpful you will find online period. Seeing that's it's a tremendous amount of rapid advancing packed into that small map, for some odd reason seeing a "don't" video gave a shred of help. He had like 4 views when I first watched it, and I think I took it up to 28 total views. http://youtu.be/8choeyOhi_o
  • 3 weeks later...

^^^^ it's a little glitchy, cruel, full on, frustrating, rewarding all in one. Without a doubt the best zombies game ever produced. It's the same for everyone, it teaches you mad zombie killing skills. Your game will improve tenfold, you will go bald and or grey in the process. It's the true hard core zombies and best of all it's a hardcore short format game.

I recommend it to everyone. It will either make you or break you.

• 4 months later...