Die Maschine Preseason Intel

RadZakpak

• Moderators

This thread will be compiling intel found in Die Maschine through Audio Logs, Radios, Documents, and Artifacts. Not everything has been found yet, so if you do have something to add, please reply or PM me to have it added.

Requiem (20/20)

Audio Logs (2)

"The Incident" (On a crate near power) - Projekt Endstation Scientists Doctor Vogel and Doctor Kurtz initiate Cyclotron Test Run Number 12.

Spoiler

Kurtz: I have completed my adjustments, Dr. Vogel. You may begin recording.

Vogel: Thank you, I already have. This is Ulrich Vogel, director of Projekt Endstation. 7th of March, 1944, 10:03 p.m. Commencing cyclotron test run number twelve. Dr. Kurtz, please proceed.

Kurtz: All readings are within acceptable parameters. Looks like we are getting the collisions we expected and... um... some interesting patterns are starting to--

Vogel: What was that?

Kurtz: I do not know. Gauges are red-lining. We have to shut down!

Vogel: Mein Gott! What is happening to the air around the collider?!

Kurtz: You men! Back away from that--

Vogel: Kurtz! Cut the power!

Kurtz: I'm trying! Controls are not responding!

Vogel: Guards! Retreat! Seal those things in the chamber!

"Parallel World" (While in the Dark Aether, beneath stairs near PaP) - Doctor Vogel records a report on the incident. He suspects the Cyclotron has opened a rift across spacetime. He notes that radiation of some sort is spilling through from the other side, as many of his men have been infected by an unexplainable sudden illness. Doctor Vogel describes it as "living death."

Spoiler

Vogel: Ulrich Vogel, director of Projekt Endstation. 12th of March, 1944. Five days have passed since the accident, and I am starting to see it not as a setback, but a breakthrough. Literally.

Vogel: The cyclotron continues to operate, apparently without an external power source. We cannot deactivate it, and it is still manifesting the strange phenomenon I call a "rift" and Kurtz calls a "wormhole."

Vogel: We attached instruments to the end of a long metal pole and passed it through the rift. The readings confirm that somehow the cyclotron ripped through the fabric of spacetime.

Vogel: Something lies on the other side. A parallel world or perhaps a whole universe. But we dare not approach too closely, lest we suffer the same fate as the men currently held in our medical clinic.

Vogel: Those men remain in a state best described as "living death." Kurtz thinks they caught a high dose of some exotic radiation from the other side of the rift. We are checking their blood and tissue samples for traces of rare elements or otherworldly pathogens.

Vogel: I pray, whatever it is, it is not contagious.

Documents (6)

"Endstation Approval Letter" (Dropped from Megatons) - A letter from Uranverein Director Doctor Kurt Diebner, announcing that Projekt Endstation has been approved for funding as part of the Reich Atomic Program. Construction is to begin immediately.

Spoiler

Marked 3, Aug. 1943

Dear Dr. Vogel,

It is my great pleasure to inform you that after a thorough review by our resident experts, we have decided to proceed with the cyclotron proposal submitted by yourself and Dr. Kurtz. Projekt Endstation is officially funded.

A site has been chosen in Reich District Danzig West Prussia for construction and operation of the particle accelerator. However, this is all contingent upon a commitment from yourself and Dr. Kurtz to personally oversee daily operations at Endstation. This will mean taking a leave of absence from the University, but I believe this endeavor should provide a bit more excitement than the halls of academia.

Remember, the Reich will expect dramatic advances in uranium enrichment from you. I know you long to make some contribution to the study of quantum physics, but the atomic weapons program comes first.

The Reich District Danzig West Prussia site is in a wooded area called Morasko. Labor for construction will be provided by nearby internment camps.

As with all Uranverein programs, Projekt Endstation will be kept a state secret. Do not speak of this to any colleagues, other than Kurtz. Both of you must report here at the Institute no later than Monday morning. I will arrange for transport to the Morasko site so you can oversee construction of the cyclotron.

For the Fatherland,

Kurt Diebner, Ph.D.

Director, Uranverein

"D.I.E. Blueprint" (Dropped from Megatons) - The blueprint of the Decompressive Isotopic Estrangement device. The device collects hazardous materials, including Exo-Element 1, and, when at capacity, releases a devastating concussive blast.

Spoiler

Excerpt from "D.I.E. Blueprint":

Weaponized Exo-Element 1 collector.

Device ingests a range of hazardous materials.

Collected energy stored in capacitor/battery.

Charged D.I.E. released energy as destructive blast.

Weapon output manifests as cold, electricity, gas, plasma, or concussive force.

"Spacetime Breach Sketch" (Dropped from Megatons) - A hurried sketch of Projekt Endstation's dimensional breach, drawn by a research assistant.

Spoiler

Excerpt from "Spacetime Breach Sketch":

For Reich High Command Only!

Sketch of possible spacetime breach

Endstation cyclotron

7. March 1944

NOTE: Breach is persistent but unstable. Will send through instrument probe ASAP. Results forthcoming.

"Der Wechsler Blueprint" (Dropped from Megatons) - The blueprint of Der Wechsler. One of Doctor Vogel's pet projects. Der Wechsler was a decontamination chamber designed to restore the brain functionality of those infected by Exo-Element 1.

Spoiler

Excerpt from "Der Wechsler Blueprint":

Isotopic impellers extract radiant contaminants from subject's brain.

Initial results: partial success. Further trials needed.

Subject 1. Remembered own name. Called all others "schnitzel."

Subject 2. Returned to guard post. Used it as a latrine.

Subject 3. Correctly unloaded handgun. Then ate the bullets.

"V Cipher #1" (Dropped from Megatons) - Recovered Projekt Endstation Cipher. Decryption is required. (Solved here)

Spoiler

ZPTLX WGJCW OVHVU ZECUO BYZHE OVZUT IBNIE AERZJ FUUVH GSVVE MAMOY PGBLG LYYQZ IJRCL GEZDX MCVTT VCZFE XZMNH RVITL QYJFV RRCHI QJECB NFZBU PXBIQ SVGYV NLYFO SYYZY GJAYS KDLEB LKIDX AJBGX FBWRY QJUFB ZBVKM ZVPPP TYPGC EBM

Solution:

Inform the chancellor that preparations have been made to open the third front. Endstation is ready to receive the package as soon as it can be assembled and transported. We are honored to help facilitate Reichstag's plan. - V

"V Cipher #2" (Dropped from Megatons) - Recovered Projekt Endstation Cipher. Decryption is required. (Solved here)

Spoiler

XGFAAFGFXFDFFFDDXFXFAXXGFGAAXGXFGGAAGDXFFGFFXDFAXFFDGXFAGXFFFFADFAAXFAFFDGFDFFFFFFAGFDFFXGXFAAAGGGFXFAFAGFGAXFGFFGXGXFGXAGFDDAAAGFFGFFFFGXFFAFFGFDGAAGAGGFXFADAAFGGFFXXFDXFXAXADFGDGADDDFDADAFFADFAFFXAXDGFGDGAAGDXFADFFFFFGFD

Solution:

Abreise ohne weiter Zwischenfälle. Alle Werte stabil. Ankunft in Germania. Wie besprochen, was jetzt auch passiert, der Sieg ist uns gewiss. - V

Translated: 

Departure without further incident. All values stable. Arrival in Germania. As discussed, whatever happens now, victory is certain for us. - V

Radio Transmissions (7)
"Officer Weaver" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Officer Weaver, the head of Requiem's Field Operations Division, briefs his strike team about the state of the world, and their role in the CIA's newest department.

Spoiler

Weaver: Strike team. Weaver here. I understand this has been a lot to take in. Interdimensional breaches all over the world, an infection transforming people into the undead, not exactly a great two weeks for any of us.

Weaver: Requiem had to react quickly. The same day I was personally requested to run Field Ops, I was ordered to assemble a short-list of operatives. That's you guys.

Weaver: Here's what we know. Two weeks ago, a KGB-Spetsnaz unit known as Omega Group came here and reactivated its particle accelerator. Their actions caused the Outbreak Zones we're now seeing around the world. This place is ground zero.

Weaver: Why they did it and to what end --that's what we're going to figure out.

Weaver: We lost two teams before learning about this site. Make their sacrifices count. Let's get some answers.

"Doctor Grey" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Doctor Elizabeth Grey, the head of Requiem's Unnatural Sciences Division, introduces herself to the strike team.

Spoiler

Grey: Strike team? You there? 'Course you are. Sorry, I'm a bit new to all this. Hopefully you don't mind the less-than-formal-approach.

Grey: Should probably introduce myself. My name is Doctor Elizabeth Grey, head of Unnatural Sciences, and this is about as unnatural a Sunday as I can remember.

Grey: Normally about now I'd be sitting in my lab in Bristol, having a good natter with Pip and Sam, two macaques I work with, over a nice cup of tea.. Then, just BAM -- this whole thing happens.

Grey: Next thing I know, I'm drafted by the bloody government to be their representative in this new organization, Requiem. I mean, how could I pass that up?

Grey: Sure, the name sounds a bit ominous, but think of the opportunity, the potential discoveries that await us in this new reality -- there's a chance I could end up changing the world.

"Dimension of Death" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Doctor Grey discusses the Dark Aether and what it may offer humanity.

Spoiler

Grey: Yes, I know it seems like the proverbial "Dimension of Death" has opened right in our back garden, but there's a real life to it -- and that's including the infected undead.

Grey: The untapped potential of this discovery, this Aetherium... it could provide us with the tools to grow, evolve even, as a people and a society.

Grey: Imagine that: no more war. Or at the very least less war. Put you out of the job though, wouldn't it? No offense, of course.

"Doctor Strauss" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Doctor Oskar Strauss, the head of Requiem's Energy Research Division, introduces himself to the strike team.

Spoiler

Strauss: "There are precious few things in the world more valuable than knowledge -- and one of those is the ability to know how and when to utilize said knowledge." Do you know who said that?

Strauss: I did not think so. Dr. Vogel, the scientist in charge of Projekt Endstation, said it to me some forty years ago when I was employed at this very facility.

Strauss: I know you have your suspicions about me. I hear what your type says about me in the halls. "Mein Gott. Is that Doctor Oskar Strauss, former Nazi scientist? They put him in charge of Energy Research? It is so horrible."

Strauss: To this I have two things to say. One: I was never a fucking Nazi. I am, and always have been, a man of science trying to survive in a nasty, despicable world. Two: I do not care if you have your suspicions. All I care is if you are able to follow your orders.

"Aetherium" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Doctor Strauss muses on the scientific potential of the newly discovered element.

Spoiler

Strauss: This energy source. The Germans called it "exo-element one." I call it by its proper name... Aetherium. It has the potential to revolutionize the world in ways we cannot possibly comprehend.

Strauss: I will understand these crystals. And I will learn the how and when to utilize it. I hope, if nothing else, you can appreciate that.

Strauss: All I ask is that if you let me do my job, I will let you do yours.

Strauss: There is no need to be enemies. In fact, one day I hope we can work together, side by side. Perhaps we will even consider each other comrades.

Strauss: Just do not expect a warm hug when you return from your missions.

"Major Carver" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Major Mackenzie Carver, the head of Requiem's Containment and Security Division, introduces himself to the strike team.

Spoiler

Carver: Strike team, do you read me? Finally, a strong signal. I know the circumstances are less than ideal, but allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Major Mackenzie Carver. My friends call me Mac. You will not.

Carver: And yes, I am that Major Carver. Most likely, all the stories you've heard are true. But that is in the past. I'm a firm believer in living in the now and preparing for the future.

Carver: As you may well know, I head up Requiem's Containment and Security Division. It's a post I personally requested.

Carver: Make no mistake -- we are at war. This is chess. And the Soviets' Omega Group? They just moved their queen into position.

Carver: They're the ones who opened these portals, and you bet your ass it's to get some sort of tactical advantage over us.

"New Arms Race" (On the table to the left of the Nacht wall leading to Pond) - Major Carver considers the possibility of weaponizing the Dark Aether's technologies.

Spoiler

Carver: This is an entirely new dimension we're dealing with. The technology it could potentially offer is unfathomable.

Carver: We may have nukes, but what if your enemy uses an interdimensional weapon -- something we can't anticipate and counter? This is the new Arms Race and we've already fallen behind.

Carver: Now look, I got nothing against these eggheads and their... scientific pursuits.

Carver: I'm just here to make sure DOD gets what's rightfully theirs. That includes Strauss and his Aetherium crystals. If we're to regain the advantage over our enemy, we need to act fast, and make sure these science-types don't keep anything from us. Don't let me down.

Artifacts (5)

"D.I.E. Remote Control" (Kill a megaton and its bombers, the last will drop a keycard. Take it to the Weapons Lab and interact with a drawer) - The D.I.E. Remote can locate and remotely activate the D.I.E. device. Be advised: do not activate with the D.I.E. device aimed in your direction.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-13 16-04-11.png

"D.I.E. Machine" (Acquire from the mystery box or by the D.I.E. side quest) - The Decompressive Isotopic Estrangement Machine was initially designed to be an Exo-Element 1 collector, but an incident led to a design change. During an outdoor test, an assistant accidentally ejected a full capacitor all at once, triggering a shockwave blast that destroyed a military transport and Doctor Vogel's personal automobile. Projekt Endstation saw the device's full potential as a wonder weapon - and the assistant saw the full potential of a firing squad.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-13 16-10-51.png

"Aetherscope" (Find the three parts in the Dark Aether and build below PaP) - The Aetherscope is a portable scanner designed for studying the Dark Aether. The device is capable of uncovering strange phenomena, including Spectral Reflections of past events reoccurring outside spacetime parameters.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-13 16-04-22.png

"Doctor Vogel's Diary" (Found in the password step of the EE) - Doctor Vogel's Diary, containing many untold secrets of Projekt Endstation -- including the password to the Der Wechsler Command Console.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-13 20-42-22.png

"Decontamination Agent" (Found after the tank step in the EE) - The Decontamination Agent, a component for Der Wechsler made of gold, was thought to have been lost when it was stolen in 1945. However, it was recovered nearly forty years later when it was found in a tree near the facility - apparently, the thieves forgot where they'd hidden it.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-18-15.png

Omega (8/8)

Audio Logs (3)

"The Volunteer" (In the hidden room in Medical Bay where the PaP part can spawn) - Kazimir Zykov, a mechanic from the 1st Guards Tank Army, is volunteered by Colonel Pavel Lazarev to deactivate the Cyclotron.

Spoiler

Lazarev: Zdravstvuyte. My name is Pavel Lazarev. I was sent to contain this mess, and you are going to help me. Comrade, state your name...

Zykov: Kazimir Zykov. Starshina. 1st Guards Tank Army. I, ah... I am mechanic.

Lazarev: I was told, despite your limited education, you understand German equipment.

Zykov: Well, I... scavenge parts from Panzer tanks to keep our T-34s running. How can I be of service, comrade Lazarev?

Lazarev: There is a machine I need you to deactivate. It is called a "cyclotron." It leaks... strange radiation. You have seen what it does to men.

Zykov: Da, Colonel. What if same thing happens to me?

Lazarev: You will not fail, Zykov. You may not survive, but you will not fail. Understood?

Zykov: Da.

Lazarev: Congratulations, tovarisch. You are going to be a Hero of the Soviet Union.

"For Mother Russia" (In the hidden room in Weapons Lab where the PaP part can spawn) - Sealed inside the Projekt Endstation Facility, Zykov records a final message for his family.

Spoiler

Zykov: My dearest Raisa. It is me -- your Kazimir. I am sorry to break my promise, but I will not be coming home to you.

Zykov: I have orders to turn off a German machine. Diesel engines I understand. Radios I can fix. But this... ?

Zykov: The things down here tried to kill me. Perhaps they already have. But not before I finish my mission. I cut all power, but still the machine runs. And I swear... sometimes... I hear it call my name...

Zykov: I am going to try one more thing... if the dead will let me. I have tools, but not many bullets...

Zykov: That svoloch Colonel who ordered me down here... I do not do this for him. I do this for the world. For Mother Russia. I do this for you, Raisa.

Zykov: My love for you will never die.

"8th Guard's First Contact" (Left of the bunker doors) - The Russian 8th Guards Army arrives a the Projekt Endstation facility, one week after it was abandoned. Privates Alexei Dmitriyev and Vadim Kalashnik record their unit's exploration of the facilty.

Spoiler

Dmitriyev: What in Hell is this place?

Kalashnik: Okay, I am rolling...

Dmitriyev: Looks abandoned...

Dmitriyev: "Enemy horde"...?

Kalashnik: They mean us, Dmitriyev.

Kalashnik: Whatever is down here, Geiger counter does not approve.

Dmitriyev: Kalashnik. Have you ever seen such machinery?

Kalashnik: Only in nightmares, Dmitriyev...

Dmitriyev: You there! By big machine! Surrender! I said surrender!

Dmitriyev: Vadim, get this on camera...

Documents (4)

"An Explanation" (Dropped from Megatons) - A letter from Zykov, written to his wife as he attempts to deactivate the cyclotron. He explains that his sacrifice is not in vain, and it will help shape the world for the better.

Spoiler

From Sgt. Kazimir Zykov, 1st Guards Tank Army

To Mrs Raisa Zykova - Baruta Towship, Pskov Oblast

Raisa, I do not know if this letter will ever find you, but you deserve an explanation. I want you to know that I did not abandon you and little Anya to fend for yourselves. I was ordered to do something impossible, and like so many before me, I answered the call of Mother Russia. The details are not important. You would not believe me, anyway. But if my death can prevent many others, maybe even yours and Anya's, how could I refuse? Some things are worth dying for.

Do you remember growing up in our little village? Do you remember the famine of '22? Children like walking skeletons? Rumors of cannibalism? Then came the plague in '29. I remember being chased by packs of starving dogs roaming our streets. But no matter how bad things got, what pulled us through as a people was our endless capacity to endure hardship. This is what sets us above other nations. This is what will sustain me in this final mission. And sustain you and Anya in the years ahead to carry on without me.

Not even Stalin's purges shook our belief in the Soviet Union. Revolution is seldom clean or peaceful, but the workers of the world will unite. The day will come when all men and women are equals and each has their share of the wealth. Surely, we could not suffer so much for nothing. The world will change for the better. Our people will see to it. Knowing Anya will grow up in that bright future is worth any price.

Love,

Kazimir

"K Cipher" (Dropped from Megatons) - Recovered Omega Group Cipher. Decryption is required. (Cipher Solved Here)

Spoiler

OBAXELSWBKLOJLSKDCZKWACWJACBGMSRKZPKJZSGWMATZDCFODAU

NTATIQBIJRYQXCLNEFMXKWPIAAYWXRPYVAOQWBTJZKOGXQDHJAOOGJI

YNLWIVMAGJEIKVQIQJLWKBRQXCTMMJMCXYAAYWDPVRNXZKCBNMMMPK

DPTLRZWXRPKZNWIAIHXEBYWBBLOXWNEAFPKRLSWBCXUJTWYAHLIDNSX

IDPLXWWYMGHPXRSIOBLNEMECVNVNXNIQZFFKYWECDJPOZKJGOHVONIUK

GHBKNSACBMGJDJSGVNTOOM

Solution: 

Attention K: 
Initial survey of Ural site verifies it is by far the largest incursion zone yet recorded. 
We must assume Requiem will detect it via satellite and deploy fire teams, regardless of sovereign borders. 
Recommend continuing operations while monitoring Requiem communications. 
With your support I will ensure any new gains remain in soviet hands. 

"G Cipher" (Dropped from Megatons) - Recovered Omega Group Cipher. Decryption is required. (Cipher Solved Here)

Spoiler

PDDDRXPCBWDQPPHWHCWFSSJQEGRXULWSDBSCNENGUVEWZUEXMJOE
LMZLAPCYCWBDFSJOUMOYUOOWXSSWGVSZLKBKJYQHSSOWIZBQJSVRA
EBZBEPOOHCBKQSFKZYQGIZFNOZAQGIBHEEYRSTGQHYPTHKPCSOWDAG
VFAVVEGWJODYQFQCKUAQWAANGVKAEACCTRSUFUN

Solution:

Attention K:
P confirms viability of deployment. Opportunity identified in previous communique.
Selected site is approved for trial run of Operatsiya inversiya.
The nature of warfare is about to transform. Any mission, anytime, anyplace.
G

"Before the Devil Arrives" (Dropped from Megatons) - A second letter from Zykov, written to his wife. He fears his sanity is slowly slipping.

Spoiler

From Sgt. Kazimir Zykov, 1st Guards Tank Army

To Mrs Raisa Zykova - Baruta Township, Pskov Oblast

How long have I been down here? One day? Two? It has not been easy, my love. When I wrote that first letter to you, I had no idea how hard this would be. All I have is a tool kit, a gas mask, a flashlight, and too few bullets.

Here is the situation: German scientists built a machine here. I have no idea why, or how it works, but I think it opened a door to Hell. Yes, Raisa, Hell. I know we were taught religion is the "opiate of the masses," but I have spent the last few hours fighting demons and dead men. So, apologies to comrade Marx, but Hell is real and it is my job to slam the door shut before the Devil arrives.

I cut every cable I could find, but the machine seems to have some internal power source. Or perhaps it is powered from the "other side." I tried corrupting its fuel, like pouring sugar in a gas tank. I tried grounding and short-circuiting the machine. And still it functions. The whole time, I am attacked and hunted by walking nightmares. And when I hide to bind my wounds, I swear I can hear the darkness calling.

Am I losing my mind? It is a good question. Better question: what if I fail? I fear this evil will spread and one day be upon your doorstep. This I cannot allow. My final idea to close the Hellgate will most certainly kill me. At this point, I think I will welcome it.

Farewell,

Kazimir

Artifacts (1)

"Orlov Family Photo" (Acquired in the final step of the EE before the lockdown at the Particle Accelerator) - A photograph of Omega Group Lieutenant Orlov's family.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-22-46.png

Maxis (9/9)

Audio Logs (3)

"Cold War Paranoia" (On the couch directly ahead after entering Nacht through the rabbit door) - BND Agent Samantha Maxis leaves a message for Officer Weaver.

Spoiler

Automated Voice: Code in.

Automated Voice: Access granted. Commencing recording.

Maxis: It's late here in Berlin -- and it's cold, so I'm going to make this brief. Everything is so much worse than I thought. Sorry, Weaver -- how's your day going?

Maxis: I'm going to be frank. I'm not sure who the hell I can trust at the BND. There's an atmosphere. People are leaving. New weapon are coming in... and I'm not sure how much choice any of them have in it.

Maxis: Point is, something seems to have everyone spooked and looking over their shoulder. Cold War paranoia -- who'd have thought it?

Maxis: All I know for sure is there's a project file called... "Endstation."

"Game Changer" (Drops from the crate for the Cryo D.I.E. upgrade) - Agent Maxis leaves a second message for Officer Weaver. She's learned that a KGB Special Operations Group has special interest in Projekt Endstation.

Spoiler

Maxis: I'm hearing that something has lit a fire under the KGB's metaphorical ass. Something they found out about Endstation.

Maxis: There are -- shall we say "extremists"? -- within their ranks that are pushing a new agenda. Their department thinks they might have uncovered something that could be a game changer for the Cold War.

Maxis: All I know for certain is that they've allocated a huge amount of resources to fund a ground operation in Poland...

Maxis: What worries me more is I have no idea who around me I can really trust. Some here may already be working with them. They may even be listening in...

"The VHS Tape" (Lands near the Nova 5 D.I.E. upgrade canister after sucking it up in Nacht) - Agent Maxis leaves another message for Officer Weaver. She's received a VHS tape from her KGB contact, which she's sending to him for review.

Spoiler

Maxis: So, this is the last you'll hear from me. For a while.

Maxis: I'm starting to feel that the walls are closing in, if you get my meaning.

Maxis: Two of my contacts have already been exposed. Well, I say exposed, but to be more specific one started singing as soon as he was detained. The other fell out of a window.

Maxis: Before the untimely "accident," he sent me a tape. I think it's what the new department is going after... Endstation.

Maxis: An associate at the BND -- maybe the last one I can trust -- will ensure its delivery to you.

Maxis: Right now I have no choice but to move, and burn everything in my wake. Forgive my breaches of protocol, WEaver, but these times are... unprecedented.

Documents (3)

"KGB Videotape Note" (Dropped from Megatons) - The note attached to the videotape Agent Maxis received from her recently deceased KGB contact.

Spoiler

To those who need to know. I believe my recent actions have compromised my position. I expect the reprisals from my KGB colleagues to be swift and severe. I take some comfort knowing that securing the enclosed package means my fate will not be for nothing. The West has to know about Endstation before it is too late. Nothing else matters.

"Dieter's Note" (Dropped from Megatons) - A note from Agent Maxis' BND colleague, Dieter.

Spoiler

Sam -

I'm worried and I don't know who else to turn to. The incoming case officer has instructed me - and everyone else in the department - to turn over the contact lists for all foreign nationals who acted as BND agents at any time over the last 5 years.

Agents in place I can understand - but why would they need to ID contacts for inactive operations? Why would they need to know where former agents were re-located after defection? It doesn't make sense. What are they trying to dredge up? I don't know. I'm sorry Sam - I know you've been the bagman recently. I just had to give you a heads up.

- Dieter

"Message For Weaver" (Dropped from Megatons) - A letter from Agent Maxis to Officer Weaver. She's made contact with someone inside Omega Group and believes they can be turned.

Spoiler

W -

I know why you did what you did, but I thought I made it clear when we last spoke - I have to stay in the field. It doesn't matter how many people you send to bring me in, they won't succeed - I've gotten pretty damn good at looking over my shoulder these past few months.

Besides, I've already left Germany - I have a new contact within Omega Group itself. He's scared.

I think he can be turned.

- M

PS I am sorry for hurting your men - but broken noses WILL heal.

Radio Transmissions (3)

"Agent Maxis" (On a table to the left of the tunnel in the Pond area) - Agent Maxis contacts the strike team and introduces herself.

Spoiler

Maxis: Hey. You know me, don't you? Sure you do. Hopefully. You're part of Weaver's strike team, right? My name's Maxis. I'm a friend.

Maxis: Sorry to start off with some bad news, but friends need to be honest with each other, so... I have reason to believe my communications channels with Weaver are compromised.

Maxis: I would say we do not know who is listening, but... even an idiot could probably work it out. Russians.

Maxis: So, I will continue to make these recordings in the hope that they may find their way to you without interference. P.S. Good luck.

"Scorpions From Frogs" (On a table to the left of the tunnel in the Pond area) - Believing the BND has been compromised by Omega Group, Agent Maxis has gone to ground as she continues her investigation.

Spoiler

Maxis: I'm going to assume you can hear me because the alternative is far too depressing to think about.

Maxis: I'm... in the field. Not an actual field -- that would be silly. It's a churchyard in Romania. Don't worry, there are not vampires. Even if there were, I have garlic. And weapons.

Maxis: To be perfectly clear with you, I have reason to believe the BND have been compromised. So I have gone what some would term "a little bit rogue." It pretty much means I am operating without authorization or oversight.

Maxis: But since I've spent the last seven years working alongside spies from both East and West, you can hardly blame me. Don't worry. I know my scorpions from my frogs.

Maxis: This experiment -- Endstation. If I'm right, it may be the turning point the Russians believe it to be. We have to stop them.

"Why You're Here" (On a table to the left of the tunnel in the Pond area) - Agent Maxis reveals she gave Officer Weaver the intel on the Projekt Endstation Site.

Spoiler

Maxis: I was the one. I'm the reason you're here. I gave Weaver the Russian intel about the site in Poland... and told him how much the Russians were interested in it.

Maxis: Right now, I'm operating on the theory that they knew that there was something big here -- an unnatural power they could perhaps harness, and turn upon their enemies. Something no nation could be prepared for.

Maxis: Wait. Has Weaver even told you about the extent of the Outbreak Zones?

Dark Aether (22/22)

Audio Logs (6)

"Lost Souls: Johannes" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me?

Spoiler

Johannes: Is... is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me?

Johannes: I do not know how long I have been here. There are no days to count. Only an endless twilight...like a dream that keeps shifting whenever I try to focus on it.

Johannes: There are some strangely beautiful sights here... great, glowing gems, luminous creatures that float on the mist... but beauty means little when you are always being hunted.

Johannes: I should have never gone near that shimmering light. I never should have touched it. I thought it was a sign from God but... there is no God here. There is no God...

"Lost Souls: Mariska" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Dead men wander this land, feasting on the living. If you can call it living.

Spoiler

Mariska: In the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Lord, it is me, Mariska. I do not know if my words reach you any more. I do not know if you care at all about the damned.

Mariska: For that is surely what I am. Damned. And I just want to know... why, Lord? What did I do to end up here?

Mariska: It is not the Hell I expected. No lake of fire. Only a cold, perpetual half-light that somehow seems even worse.

Mariska: Dead men wander this land, feasting on the living. If you can call it living. And I fear they may be...

Mariska: Lord, they are coming! I beg you, protect me. Deliver me from this place! I should not be here! I should not...

"Lost Souls: David" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - I've met quite a few others who got trapped here. Every time the question comes up: are we in Hell or not?

Spoiler

David: Okay... okay, okay, okay... think it through... reason it out...

David: I've met quite a few others who got trapped here like me. And every time -- every single time -- the question comes up: are we in Hell or not?

David: I mean, sure, this has to be Hell, right? Dead people, demons... fells as far from God as you can get.

David: I even thought I saw ghosts here. But now I'm thinking maybe they're just folks back home, and somehow I'm seeing them through the veil that separates our worlds.

David: Which brings me to the thought I just can't get out of my mind. What if... there is no Hell? What if this place is just a place?

"Lost Souls: Alice" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - This place is a hodgepodge of creatures and artifacts, a collision of cultures and eras... I've seen ancient storybook creatures and mechanical monsters...

Spoiler

Alice: I hope someone out there can hear this. I'm not quite certain this device even works.

Alice: You see, I'm a historian. I was touring ancient sites in Peru when it all went dark. Suddenly, I'm in this... jigsaw landscape...

Alice: This hodgepodge of creatures and artifacts... like a collision of cultures and eras.

Alice: I've seen medieval structures alongside twenty-first century buildings. I've seen ancient, storybook creatures and mechanical monsters straight from a science fiction novel.

Alice: And the thought I cannot seem to shake now is that the universe has a dumping ground for things that go bump in the night.

Alice: Others I've encountered assume this is Hell. But it's worse. It's the dustbin of history. It's the rubbish dump of time.

Alice: When the universe is through with you... this is your final stop.

"Lost Souls: Barbara" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Confession time... and this one's gonna sound a little nutzoid but stay with me...

Spoiler

Barbara: Confession time... and this one's gonna sound a little nutzoid, but stay with me. Please. Stay with me...

Barbara: So I've noticed that ever since I landed in this place, well, I've noticed some changes. In me. Physically. And -- hey, I am not crazy, do not call me crazy, but... mentally, too.

Barbara: Bad enough when my skin started to wither. I look part alligator. My nails are growing like crazy, and my teeth...

Barbara: What worries me more is... how calm I am about it. I mean, at first I panicked, but... the more I change, the less I mind.

Barbara: Plus, I am not as afraid of the things I run into. I even -- don't judge me. Don't you fucking judge me! -- I've... eaten one or two of them. I've gotta eat something--!

Barbara: Anyway, I don't know if it's the fog, or those glowy crystal things, but this place changes you. Not all at once, but... I don't think I could go back now, even if I knew how.

"Approach" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - It is coming.

Spoiler

There is no audio and no transcript.

Documents (12)

"$!%()$3@!" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Content unknown. No available translation. Possibly a system error from the computer.

Spoiler

#$@$&) &%#!*(>*~}%<*>?:;=

?<-$@)

"I @N#B%D! O% T@#&" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Content Unknown. No available translation. The symbol arrangement seems almost intentional, it might not be a system error, but a scrambled message.

Spoiler

&!~>/";*!h:d)</$<]\0:@ Ja),":

5d*':kr ?/>+gh%#ater.

"Day 95" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Diary appears to be written by a stranger lost in a strange land, possibly a human trapped in the Dark Aether.

Spoiler

Day 95: Trying hard to keep track of how long I have been here. Strange, fractured land.

Food and water not easy to find, but have enough for now. Ammunition more of a concern.

Distress call best hope for rescue. Will start gathering electronics. Saw some while looking for food. No idea if I can build transmitter, but must try.

"Day 175" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger has had encounters with other humans - as well as other creatures. They are building a transmitter.

Spoiler

Day 175: There are others here, trapped like me. I avoid them. No time for their madness or sorrow. They usually get picked off before long, anyway. We are low on the food chain here.

Creatures prowl this place, so I avoid them, too. They can be killed, but gunshots attract, so discretion better part of valor.

Still have food stockpiled, but cannot last forever. Eventually I will be forced to hunt. And nothing looks remotely edible. Yet.

"Day 213" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger recounts a deadly attack.

Spoiler

Day 213: Hard day. Lucky to be alive.

Observed group today sheltered in warehouse structure. They were arguing, did not notice approaching pack of plague dogs. I did something stupid. I ran to help.

Did not know these people. Did not want to. But I could not turn away.

Shot 4 dogs before the people grabbed their weapons. Warned them to exit warehouse. The dogs were inside before they started shooting.

Pulled one out. Gas claimed the rest. Then the one I rescued ran back inside. Not everyone can be saved.

"Day 937" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger's attempts to build a transmitter continue to prove unsuccessful.

Spoiler

Day 937: Gathered lots of electronics. No success constructing transmitter. Some gear seems very old. Other components unlike any I have ever seen. Wish I could find instruction manual.

Also finding shimmering "weak spots" where this world seems to overlap with home. Attempted to pass through but could not.

Still, caught a glimpse of what looked like Southeast Asia. So close, yet out of reach. Must keep trying.

"Day 1,108" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger has discovered they can briefly return to our world, albeit only for several seconds before being yanked back. They say they were like a ghost, and that no one could see them.

Spoiler

Day 1,108: Attempts to pass through weak spots yielding limited results. Managed to lengthen glimpses of home into brief "visits."

Location is different every time -- a jungle, a village, a glacier. I wander unseen, like a ghost. 10 or 15 seconds, then pulled back here.

If I could only get someone to see me. If I could only ask for help.

"Day 1,646" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger reports seeing giants. They say they've met others who call them Elder Gods.

Spoiler

Day 1,646: Saw something new today. Something big. Tall as building, walking through fog. Difficult to see details.

Kept my distance as it passed. I heard talk from others that "giants" roam this land but dismissed it as madness. Heard one call them "elder gods."

Thought I catalogued all creatures here and their pecking order. I was wrong.

"Day 2,873" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger returns to their transmitter project.

Spoiler

Day 2,873: Latest "visit" home lasted close to 30 seconds. The world changed while I was gone.

Was in military base. Watched soldier communicate on equipment like electronics I gathered over here. Saw how it is meant to operate. Returning to transmitter project.

Attempts to consume local vegetation yield poor results, but I am subsisting on creatures now that would otherwise try to eat me. Strange satisfaction in that.

"Day 3,289" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger's reputation in the other dimension seems to have grown. No news on the transmitter project.

Spoiler

Day 3,289: The longer I am here, the fewer creatures pursue me. Still see them take down newcomers, but me they tend to ignore.

Unfortunately, more powerful creatures seem to have taken notice.

Not sure why. Do they finally see me as a threat? I try to avoid them. Anyone would. There are things here worse than any nightmare.

"Day 6,121" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - The Stranger finds new machines that can dispense beverages.

Spoiler

Day 6,121: New devices turning up. Machines filled with beverages. At first distrusted them. Seemed like a trap. Waited for others to consume what they had to offer.

Results: beverages not only safe to consume but have profound effects useful for combat. Machines even play music while dispensing.

Not sure if someone is trying to help, or just messing with my mind.

"Day 13,773" (Acquired through trials when there is a folder on the screen) - Verified: the computer is displaying messages: they appear to be diary entries of some sort. Unclear if these messages are stored locally on this machine, or if they are being transmitted from another location.

Spoiler

Day 13,773: Keyboard finally functional. Screen still hit or miss. Must re-test internal components, make sure nothing is fried.

Still not sure if this thing is transmitting. At least I graduated from pen and paper, which are harder and harder to come by.

Will continue transmission attempts. Have plenty to broadcast. My journal of survival. I can only hope someone is listening.

Artifacts (4)

"Mutated Fungus" (Acquired in the Cryo D.I.E. upgrade quest) - Altered by the Megaton's blast, the chemical nature of the fungus has been transformed, releasing a substance that most closely resembles liquid nitrogen.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-24-59.png

"Plaguehound Gas" (Acquired in the Nova 5 D.I.E. upgrade quest) - The odor of Plaguehound Gas is as lethal as it is foul, causing light-headedness before melting a person's skin and evaporating their blood. A horrible way to die.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-25-04.png

"Dark Aether Crystal" (Acquired in the Electric D.I.E. upgrade quest) - An elemental mineral from the Dark Aether, Projekt Endstation Scientists used this particular sample as part of a locking mechanism. Further study required.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-25-09.png

"Dark Aether Wrench" (Acquired in the EE before the tank step) - Crafted from the energy of the Dark Aether, there is far more to this wrench than meets the eye. Particularly good for waking the dead.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2020-11-14 20-25-13.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Made many updates to this intel, including all logs and transmissions that can be found on the map itself. The only remaining intel I do not have is either found by killing Megatons or via trials, so it will take time and RNG to collect the rest. If anyone has the remaining intel, please send me a screenshot of the transcript and the description of the intel.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

Want to give this many many Brains Rad. 
Excellent work so quickly. 

Are these all that you have collected?

Or have you added some which weren’t from your game?

Just wondering if you can add how each one was obtained & also the ingame screenshot?

🧠🧠🧠

Some are from screenshots from other people, but I'm close to being caught up myself. The only ones left need to be dropped from megatons.

And good ideas, I'll get on that.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

This is a bomb of knowledge! Does anyone have an idea what the meaning of all these 'Lost Souls' and 'Day ...' messages are? Are they of people getting lost in the orbs of Aetherium now spread across the world?

Or are they souls damned by the actions of Nikolai plunging the uni/multi/omniverse into the Dark Aether?

Archived