Good day, new friends.

BicycleOfDeath

Hello folks.

My name is BicycleOfDeath, Bike for short. I'm in my late 30s from the Midwest US. I've played Zombies since WaW and early BLOPS before all of the easter egg stuff. Played most of it solo. Recently got back into it and I'm soaking up the lore and easter eggs like a sponge. Been focusing on BLOPS 3/4 before Cold War releases. I had no idea that Zombies went as deep as it has. It has the replay-ability that I've been looking for.

Aside from Zombies; I'm a horror fan. Been gaming since the late 80s. Metal head. Pedal pusher. Twitch streamer (who isn't these, days, though).

With cross-play coming w/ Cold War, I look forward to playing with old friends I couldn't before as well as making some new teammates. 🤘

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

A veteran! Glad to have you here, buddy! What's your favourite map in yoir experience, if I may ask? It's good you've found us, this community is full of undead slayers from all over the globe. 

P.s. I'm a horror game fan as well. Curious how Cold War Zombies will pack out.

• Moderators
On 9/27/2020 at 1:49 AM, BicycleOfDeath said:

Favorite overall? Classic Shi No Numa.
Favorite modern? Voyage of Despair.

Cool! I've never yet encountered anyone who described these maps as his/hers favourite, and it's interesting to see they are your favourite. I agree with you that these are some great maps, as Shi no Numa introduced us to zombie training in general and Voyage of Despair is my favourite Chaos map.

On 9/29/2020 at 3:11 AM, anonymous said:

Cool! I've never yet encountered anyone who described these maps as his/hers favourite, and it's interesting to see they are your favourite. I agree with you that these are some great maps, as Shi no Numa introduced us to zombie training in general and Voyage of Despair is my favourite Chaos map.

Shi no Numa had the Trench Gun immediately upon spawning, which was a huge plus for me. Regardless of the meta, I've always used shotguns for as long as I could. Played a lot of solo matches on the PS3 during travels for work. So, I didn't have access to strats or reliable internet. It was one that I would load in and have fun.

Voyage of Despair; The atmosphere is perfect for it. "At Sea" horror is one of my favorite niche genres, such as Ghost Ship (movie) or Layers of Fear 2 (game). The Titanic for Black Ops 4 was a great addition to this.

That all being said, my favorite CoD: Zombies game is WW2. It has the best horror elements, which hits the spot. Though, it does miss out on character dialog as well as power-up announcing. This is where I'm quite excited for Cold War Zombies. If it can achieve the WW2 horror element (even if it's just until the power is turned on on some maps) as well as the NBA Jam-esque of the announcers as well as the character banter while still retaining re-playable game play loops; I will be a satisfied player.

As for the story, it's important to keep in mind that the story is brand new. It only has this game so far with it. The Aether story that everyone seems to love, and it's characters, were developed over many generations of games. If we go in immediately thinking it's trash, it's an obstacle in allowing us to enjoy something we might prematurely dismiss because 'nostalgia.'

Archived