Constructing the Polarization Devices (What's the deal?)

RadZakpak

• Moderators

I was doing some work with the timeline, and came across an entry I had forgotten that is giving me a bit of confusion.

December 9th, 2028

Maxis’ followers begin constructing a spire near the Hanford Site Facility.

This entry also corresponds to a TV message from TranZit of a man saying he and others had built the spire and were being overrun. You can give a listen here (Warning, louder than you'd think): https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/8/8e/Tranzit_Spire_Man_TV_Distress.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20180110140836

The reason this is a bit confusing to me is that in Classified we learned that Richtofen requested the Americans build a polarization device: "One Polarization Device to be constructed [coordinates to be specified]" I think many of us assumed that meant he would request one be built in Hanford, but as we know, Maxis had that one built. That leaves both the spires in China and Angola. However, in Tag der Toten we find out Group 935 had a mining operation in Angola, and likely held full control while it was still around, so why not build the tower themselves? That would mean the tower Richtofen requested from the Americans in 1945 was the one from Die Rise, which would make some sense as A. The US and China were allied at the time, and B. This location would later become a Bio Testing location for Broken Arrow (As we see from Alpha Omega).

The American report on Richtofen's deal with the Soviets neglects to mention any request to build a polarization device, instead saying he requested a lunar lander and Cosmonaut suit (which is a whole other debacle).

So Group 935 built the Angolan device, the Americans built the Chinese device, and Maxis' followers built the final American device. I feel Richtofen's request for a polarization device in the first place raises many questions, like, did he know Maxis would fire the rockets at Earth after he switched bodies with Samantha, creating the rift, and the towers he planted earlier were meant to mend the rift in his own favor? Or do the towers have anything to do with the rift at all, and were they instead supposed to be used to give Richtofen full control of the Aether after entering the pyramid?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the main takeaway from this cipher is that anything that Ultimis Richtofen does has a purpose in his plan. 

The cipher implies that Richtofen knew he will need the towers to fight Maxis.
This means he was aware of the destruction of the earth,
Samantha taking control of the zombies,
Maxis getting inside the tech of griffin station,

This implies that Richtofen is aware of every significant event, and uses it to his own advantages.
In my eyes this means he is aware of how the cycle works.
The cycle itself probably has a purpose in Richtofen's plan.
Furthermore, breaking the cycle has to do with Victis activating the towers in Richtofen's favor.
Richtofen waits for the moment the cycle breaks. He will benefit from it being broken, but also the existence of the cycle itself (otherwise he would have prevented it).
Richtofen knows it is a matter of time until the cycle breaks, and only then we will understand the purpose of his actions, hopefully.   

• Moderators

Wow, @RichKiller what you just said might tie this post to Cal's recent theory about the All Knowing Richtofen Loop.

The Global Polarization Devices always interested me, both their original as their actual function and purpose. I think what you said about the creators, @RadZakpak, could be very true: Broken Arrow in Shanghai, Group 935 in Angola and survivors in Hanford (though Broken Arrow could have had it's initial influences here as well). Still, there would be a cycle: Richtofen asks those groups to build the Towers there, while in BO2 he also sends Victis to those places. Get what I mean? He could easily make things easier by, I dunno, either send Victis to three places nearby or ask the groups to build the Towers near to each other. So I assume the locations also hold a key to the explanation. One major similarity between the three places is that all are location to a small 115 meteorite impact: in Green Run for example we see the meteor crashed in the outside wall of the bus depot building. The three locations are also all distanced from each other, and I could see activating all would generate a field entirely covering the globe. Lastly, we have the NAVcards, linking all locations. I once had an idea that the three BO2 maps are all in a different time, with three GPD's with NAVcards connecting three timelines, but I presume the Timeline screwed this idea. Connecting the Towers via NAVcards remains to seem crucial in manipulating the Rift. 

Polarization has to do with manipulating electromagnetic waves. This is what conspiracy theorists believe the HAARP does, causing control over things like the weather and the mind. We earlier discussed about the possibility that the Global Polarization Devices are the Nazi prototype of this (remember the HAARP note in Shi no Numa). That would kinda mean that who controls the Towers, controls the world AS HIS OWN PERSONAL PLAYTHING! Control over the electromagnetic field, over Earth's Aether, over humanity. However the towers are three distinct vessels, different radios. To control them, one needs a central seat, a hub, already linked with the Aether, and this would be the MPD. A broadcast station linked with the three radiotowers, literally broadcasting Richtofen or Maxis' will. The hole in space-time we know as the Rift severed Richtofen's connection, possibly because outside influences came in or simply because it severs electromagnetic signals. When the Towers were set up he could close it and become more powerful that an occupant of the pyramid alone, like Samantha.

So that would mean the construction of the Towers was part of Operation Shield, Richtofen's rise to power. He build the first one in Angola (with Nacht as a possible prototype), followed by his demand on the US in Operation Stapler: They'd build at least one second one, but maybe it was his initial plan that Broken Arrow would also contruct the one in Hanford. Or maybe, at the time Richtofen was still in Group 935, he got the Tower at Nacht actually finished and that was his third Tower. Interesting post Rad!

• Moderators

Very interesting points from both of you, and thank you anon for explaining the function of the devices, that makes sense to me.

The topic of Richtofen's familiarity with the cycle is very troubling to say the least. It brings into question why he does not simply eliminate Maxis via a different method if he knows in advance that Maxis will create the rift. That would both break the cycle and allow Richtofen to have total control of the Aether, would it not? It's all a bit confusing, but I have to believe there is some level of uncertainty for Richtofen. During BO2 as Victis follows Maxis' demands, Richtofen does seem genuinely peeved. As intelligent as he is, I'm doubtful he could have predicted everything that came to pass from the start, even with the guidance of the Shadowman.

Actually, the Shadowman may be the key to this whole debacle. It may perhaps be him who is sharing only necessary details with Richtofen about the cycle, leading him to believe he can somehow succeed. It would be in the Apothicons' best interest to allow Richtofen to wreak as much havoc as possible, while sticking within the boundaries of the cycle, as their influence can spread. The very specific 4-D Chess Richtofen seems to be playing, from the lander and suit, to the towers, to the Elemental Shard, these may all be under the direction of the voices in his head, leading Richtofen to believe he has everything under control and ultimate power will be his, but he's duped in the end.

Another idea I quite like involves Richtofen after BO2. After Maxis wins, and Richtofen is guided by Primis Richtofen to collect Victis' blood, he returns to Groom Lake in the 1960s, re-entering his body, and we have zero idea what he does after that point in the normal cycle since in Classified, Primis shows up to collect them. I sincerely doubt Richtofen decided to just relax, imprisoned in Groom Lake with the rest of Ultimis for the rest of his days. He's always up to something. I believe, with his newfound knowledge from peeking inside the Aether, Richtofen may have contacted his past self to inform him of some very key details to keep the cycle going. Contacting your younger self with some vague foreshadowing is a very Richtofen thing to do. Maybe Richtofen saw something, or was told something by Primis Richtofen that made him want to keep things going, creating another paradox.

Unfortunately, The Timeline is canon until it isn't. That particular entry about the tower at Hanford being constructed by those under Maxis' orders ~2030 is no longer the case. In classified, we learn that as part of his agreement with the US via Operation Stapler, in exchange for Richtofen's notes and the acquisition of scientists such as Doctor Schuster, they would have to provide Richtofen with certain concessions -

"CLASSIFIED

23rd March 1946

MEMORANDUM FOR FILE

SUBJECT: DOCTOR RICHTOFEN'S REQUESTS - OPERATION STAPLER

1. The following is the transcription for record of Richtofen's Requests. For OPERATION STAPLER to go into effect, these stipulations had to be met.

2. This list specifically details Richtofen's personal demands - it does not specify scientists recommended for acquisition

One Portrait of Richtofen to be hung in the Pentagon
One American Baseball signed by your Babe Ruth
Twenty of Your American Dollars: Ten Pennies, Four Nickels, Two Dimes, Two Quarters, Four 1's, One 5, One 10
One of these "American Hot Dogs" I've been hearing so much about
One American Teddy Bear, speaking of...
Teddy Roosevelt's Moustache from Cold Storage (I know you have it)
One Polarization Device to be constructed [coordinates to be specified]
Titanium Cog of My Precise Specifications
J. Robert Oppenheimer's Chalkboard (not cleaned)
Build a nice flower garden outside your Pentagon Facility - it desperately needs the color
President Truman's Hat

--Major Sawyer"

"One polarization device to be constructed [coordinates specified]"

As Hanford was a US site, specifically a part of the Broken Arrow initiative, I think it's safe to say that the tower in Tranzit is indeed this device.

The question is: Is this a retcon - or is Richtofen utilising knowledge he ought not to have to "one-up" Maxis this time around?

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, caljitsu said:

Unfortunately, The Timeline is canon until it isn't. That particular entry about the tower at Hanford being constructed by those under Maxis' orders ~2030 is no longer the case. In classified, we learn that as part of his agreement with the US via Operation Stapler, in exchange for Richtofen's notes and the acquisition of scientists such as Doctor Schuster, they would have to provide Richtofen with certain concessions -

"CLASSIFIED

23rd March 1946

MEMORANDUM FOR FILE

SUBJECT: DOCTOR RICHTOFEN'S REQUESTS - OPERATION STAPLER

1. The following is the transcription for record of Richtofen's Requests. For OPERATION STAPLER to go into effect, these stipulations had to be met.

2. This list specifically details Richtofen's personal demands - it does not specify scientists recommended for acquisition

One Portrait of Richtofen to be hung in the Pentagon
One American Baseball signed by your Babe Ruth
Twenty of Your American Dollars: Ten Pennies, Four Nickels, Two Dimes, Two Quarters, Four 1's, One 5, One 10
One of these "American Hot Dogs" I've been hearing so much about
One American Teddy Bear, speaking of...
Teddy Roosevelt's Moustache from Cold Storage (I know you have it)
J. Robert Oppenheimer's Chalkboard (not cleaned)
Build a nice flower garden outside your Pentagon Facility - it desperately needs the color
President Truman's Hat

--Major Sawyer"

"One polarization device to be constructed [coordinates specified]"

As Hanford was a US site, specifically a part of the Broken Arrow initiative, I think it's safe to say that the tower in Tranzit is indeed this device.

The question is: Is this a retcon - or is Richtofen utilising knowledge he ought not to have to "one-up" Maxis this time around?

I have to disagree here as Hanford is not specifically mentioned in the cipher, only stating the coordinates are to be specified. Like I said, the map present in Alpha Omega confirms that the location of Die Rise is a Broken Arrow facility so it seems just as likely he would want it placed there. I'd also be willing to accept that he gives the coordinates to Hanford and they build it there but it is disassembled over time between 1946 and 2025, only to be reassembled by Maxis' goons. But I'm going under the assumption Richtofen knows one can be built in Hanford anyway, so there's no reason that has to be the location he selected. He knew in advance he would need a lunar lander at Kino, so it stands to reason he would want one built in Die Rise.

Recall this document:
Memo1957_Classified_Zombies_BO4.png

3. In addition: operative confirms another suspicion. Recovered documents prove that Doctor Richtofen did in fact make a deal with the Soviets in 1945. We have not nailed the exact date, but we can confirm it to be around the time we made the deal for OPERATION STAPLER. Looks like your were right - Richtofen played both of us.

4. One of the documents seized detailed Richtofen's Provisions, a list of materials he desired, expressly stipulated in his agreement with the Soviets. A few on this list match the one he delivered to us, however there were a few unique standouts of interest:
"one pet monkey",
"one recording of Igor Stravinsky's 'The Rite of Spring'",
"one cosmonaut space suit and one lunar lander - coordinates to be specified",
"one miniature replica of St. Basil's Cathedral",
"one faberge egg yolk", and
"one bottle of Stalin's Vodka to see what all the fuss is about".
Not sure what to make of all that.

Out of the items in the demand list for the Americans, here are the items that Richtofen could have asked both Russia and the US:

(Possibly with Soviet currency) Twenty of Your American Dollars: Ten Pennies, Four Nickels, Two Dimes, Two Quarters, Four 1's, One 5, One 10

The rest of the item tie into the American culture, in some way. It is clear that the Soviets built a Polarization Device for Richtofen as well (Why? Do we know Richtofen's side in the deal with the soviets?). I think it's safe to say the titanium cog shows up in the other list as well. What do these cogs do, why does Richtofen need them (The only cogs I can recall are the telaporter cogs from The Giant- See Trailer)? 

I also think it's safe to say that the soviets built the Polarization Device in Buried, due to the soviet involvement in Angola.
As for the Tranzit Polarization Device, the cipher and the timeline clearly conflict with eachother.
Here are a few possible solutions to the paradox:
1. I think @caljitsu has suggested that the timeline is not accurate since Dr. Monty signed it. Thus US built the Polarization Device in Tranzit.
2. Different timelines. Richtofen is aware of the fight to control the Polarization Devices, and builds in advanced the Tranzit Device, perhaps to gain
some advantage in the fight. 
3. There are more than 3 Polarization Devices. Once the 3 main devices are activated in Richtofen's favor and he wins the fight, he would activate other Polarization Devices, which may have a different goal than control of the Aether. Perhaps the CoTD lighthouse is a Polarization Device that the soviets built. 
4.  The Americans shut down the Polarization Device they have built after they found Richtofen's agreement with the Soviets. However, this solution does not explain why Richtofen asks for its construction in the first place.

Either way, I don't think Maxis' followers built the Tranzit Tower. By observing Tranzit, it doesn't seem like a bunch of nobodies constructed the tower. The tower is well-built, and there are no signs of any recent construction. There is more than one tower that is similar, which makes much more sense to be made as means to hide the real Polarization Device.  I personally find it more likely that the farm would be established after the tower has been made. 
A4F42235EEE0308D4A6D1E06B469C7D7800CEA52

I just looked into the Tranzit Radios now. Check this:

Unknown: "Hello! Hello! This is Jackass Flats calling any human community within broadcasting distance. We are located at standard map coordinates, 37 degrees, 07 North. 116 degrees, 03 West. This is a warning to anyone contacted by a group of mysterious voices. Several of our party began to hear the voices and their competing instructions and incompatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of... (Static) only through electronics. This voice is a...big...(Static) and its ultimate goal is unclear. The other voice cannot be heard by humans who have some...(Static) on the...(Static) madness this way lies. Neither of these instruction sets will...understand... (Static) Those of us who have not chosen a side have been hunted by both sides. Seeking to force us to assist them. Oh God, they found me! No! Get back! You can't - Stop! (screams)"

The coordinates specified in this Radio are actually Area 51. 
image.png

A few other radios connect to eachother as they describe how the group of people start hearing the voices and turn on each other.

Here is what I consider as the correct order of the radios, and their meaning:

Maxis reaches out to the the Area 51 survivors, tells them about his plans. As a part of the plan, Maxis asks the survivors to activate a spire, different than the Tranzit one: 

Ludvig Maxis: "What has occured cannot be undone. However, I realize the calculations were made in haste and could potentially threaten the entire globe. That was not the intent. I considered a possible plan B, should this occur, but this plan would consist of creating global polarization devices that would - (gasp) It appears I have difficulty speaking. (gasp) Devices when the power - Shut the power (gasp) me."

One of them starts hearing Richtofen, which instructs him to stop the ones who try to help Maxis: 

Unknown #1:"What's that? Who's there? Yes, I can hear you. Of course I have, there's nothing else. No, I won't do that. How do I know you're not lying? You could be making that all up. Sure, that only makes sense. Do...kill one. But... No, no I see, sure. Really? They're my friends. Yes.. Of course I see now. I'll do it. I'll do it for you. For you and the FLESH!"

The leader of the Maxis' supporters contacts Maxis and reports to him what happened.

Unknown #2: "Voice. Come in unidentified electronic voice. We've been attempting to activate your spire as instructed. But one of our members began hearing the other voice you warned us about. He turned on the rest of us and shot one member of our crew and wounded another before we restrained him. Hello? Hello? Damn this thing, why doesn't it answer when we call it. HELLO?"

Richtofen sends more Flesh members to attack the spire. On the final moments, Maxis' supporters succeed to activate the spire (which is not the Tranzit one). 

Unknown #2: "Hello? Hello? Are you there? We activated the spire as you instructed, but the shamblers are swarming our location and we can't hold against their superior numbers for long without aid. Hello? Please come in! It is vital that you instruct us on that..." (Static) (scream)

A Flesh member who attacks the Maxis supporters tries to communicate Maxis, telling him they knows the truth, which is basically the same Agenda Richtofen tells Stuhlinger and the rest of the Flesh members- Maxis' plan will destroy the earth (which is in fact correct). The Flesh members destroy all the electronics, including the spire. 

Unknown #3: "You think you're so smart, huh? Haha. You think you can manipulate everyone into doin' what you want, but we know the truth... Your calculated works...and your sinister agents. You... you mean to destroy this planet and kill us all! Haha! We're not going to help. No way, no how. So yeah, keep talking, no one is going to hear you because we destroyed everything. Everything electronic, starting with...evil...radio...box thing!"

A solo survivor who did not cooperate with either Richtofen or Maxis tries to warn other humans not to take part in their plans.  The Flesh members find him and kill him.  

Unknown #4: "Hello! Hello! This is Jackass Flats calling any human community within broadcasting distance. We are located at standard map coordinates, 37 degrees, 07 North. 116 degrees, 03 West. This is a warning to anyone contacted by a group of mysterious voices. Several of our party began to hear the voices and their competing instructions and incompatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of... (Static) only through electronics. This voice is a...big...(Static) and its ultimate goal is unclear. The other voice cannot be heard by humans who have some...(Static) on the...(Static) madness this way lies. Neither of these instruction sets will...understand... (Static) Those of us who have not chosen a side have been hunted by both sides. Seeking to force us to assist them. Oh God, they found me! No! Get back! You can't - Stop! (screams)"

So now comes the question: What is this spire? My answer: This is how Maxis manages to make the leap from the electronics in Griffin station to the electronics in earth!
Maxis barely managed to communicate with the Nevada base in area 51. He asks them to build the spire so he could transfer his "soul" to other electronics around the world.
Once the spire was activated, Maxis transferred himself.
Now another question arises: If Richtofen knows everything and he wanted to prevent Maxis from activating the Polarization devices, why didn't he prevent this?
My answer is as follows: Richtofen did not want Maxis to hang in the MPD electronics. Once the spire was destroyed, Maxis could not turn back to griffin station.
This step would prevent any possible action that Maxis could have taken when Richtofen activates the Polarization devices to his favor (and break the cycle). 
Also, as I have reasoned before, the existence of the cycle is critical for Richtofen's plan. He doesn't want to prevent the existence of the cycle, but he also needs to have sufficent control over the situation when it breaks.

• Moderators

@RichKiller good point about that message in which is said that Richtofen demanded the Soviet Union some same things as the Americans. I think Angola could be the place where they constructed it (due to their findings of Richtofen's journal in Tunguska), but Shanghai could also be a possibility. I know that later, Shanghai is listed as a Broken Arrow facility, but remember this:

I've made arrangements for the President and Castro to discuss the Broken Arrow initiative. If Samantha poses as greater threat as it seems we must put aside our differences, no nation alone can defeat her. An alliance must be formed, we must reach across the metaphorical aisle.

It appears that, while Broken Arrow was an American initiative, there were plans to make it a global organisation. The 'International Zombie Centre' board in Die Rise could confirm that it was not necaserily a secret American lab there in the Chinese skyscrapers. So it could be possibly that the Soviet Union built the Global Polarization Device there, but Broken Arrow took it over (and thus the location appears on the Alpha Omega map).

2 hours ago, RichKiller said:

the timeline is not accurate since Dr. Monty signed it

I would like to agree on the parts about the history of the Apothicans and Keepers, and maybe those events that were influenced by them, but surely Monty has no advantage in changing who built the Global Polarization Devices? I think Maxis' followers finished the one in Hanford, but, like you said, the Tower doesn't look like it is built by a bunch of nobodies. In fact, it looks like a normal electricity tower. What I assume is that making a tower relatable to electricity (tranzit)  or radiowaves (Die Rise) into a Global Polarization Device is a relatively small change. A tower with previously another purpose can be changed into a GPD when using the right parts. So I assume the Tranzit tower used to be a normal electricity tower built by Broken Arrow, but manipulated by Maxis' followers into a GPD.

"You have constructed a control mechanism. But to program the computer, you will need to secure an application Navcard. You will have to seek it out then return here and activate the Spire. To save mankind." - Maxis, Tranzit

"Yes! the spire is online. Now, if the other sites can only be likewise empowered, then perhaps there is still a chance to complete that wich had begun, so many years ago. Your help has been invaluable. Farewell." - cut quote of Maxis, Tranzit

This once again brings us into the NAVcard paradox. It is interesting, though, that only Maxis mentions the Tower as the 'Spire'. It seems like during Maxis' Quest, you construct a whole different thing from the same tower. And yes, I could see it might have something to do with Maxis' connection with Earth. Another thing I would like to add into this is that Maxis desperately wanted Ultimis to transfer the Vril Sphere, or "Demon's Egg" as called by Takeo, into the rockets that were shot to Earth. Could this ancient Vril artifact have contained Maxis' soul maybe?

image.png

It appears Jackass Flats and Area 51 lay a small 100km from each other. Weird that the guy in the radio, located at Area 51, identified himself as Jackass Flats. Might this have to do with the backstory of the CDC and CIA agents?

Lot's of interesting points going in here, thanks for the comments Richkiller!

6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

surely Monty has no advantage in changing who built the Global Polarization Devices?

Primis Richtofen read this timeline, didn't he? I see Primis Richtofen as an integral part of the cycle. If he knew how the polarization devices were really built and how Ultimis Richtofen acts, this may cause Ultimis Richtofen trouble the day the cycle breaks. But I'm not sure why would Dr. Monty would support it, I don't know enough about him. Perhaps even Dr. Monty doesn't know? 

As said, clearly there is more than one spire, as the other survivors say they activated their spire and we know the Tranzit one is not activated. 

As for the NAVcard paradox, I currently have no resolution, it does a lot of trouble. I checked the thread you sent and @caljitsu suggested there that the Maxis ending and the Moon ending happen on the same time, which is a pretty cool idea that cannot be completely thrown off. I need to further think about it. 

Regards "Jackass Flats"- Perhaps the agent was working in Area 51 and did not want to compromise his identity, but needed help desperately.
As suggested, this is only the beginning of the apocalypse and he might have not realized that humanity is falling apart, so he may have cared about keeping his identity a secret.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

As for the NAVcard paradox, I currently have no resolution, it does a lot of trouble. I checked the thread you sent and @caljitsu suggested there that the Maxis ending and the Moon ending happen on the same time, which is a pretty cool idea that cannot be completely thrown off. I need to further think about it. 

Fully agree with you there. I'm still really into the idea that the three missles, each carrying a Vril Sphere, caused the Earth to fracture into three timeperiods: one in the 1960s (tranzit), one in 2025+ (die rise) and one 250 MYA (buried). This would explain why three GPD's, in every fracture one, to control the entire universe.

Anyway, thinking about the NAVcard paradox, I might have a hypothesis concerning the solution. Richtofen first makes Victis create the GPDs at the three places, but there is still a Buried NAVcard needed in the Tranzit tower (as Maxis said, the control mechanism is created but to program the computer, a NAVcard is needed). So what if Richtofen during Buried (or Maxis), independant of time, reaches out to Victis in Tranzit again to put the Buried NAVcard in the Tower. Surely this would leave a hole in space-time but there is a step in Buried in which we have to close a tear in space-time. Does Richtofen's start quote in Tranzit change after the mechanism in that map is built? Anyway, it eould still leave the question how the actual object of the NAVcard would get at Tranzit.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RichKiller said:

Out of the items in the demand list for the Americans, here are the items that Richtofen could have asked both Russia and the US:

(Possibly with Soviet currency) Twenty of Your American Dollars: Ten Pennies, Four Nickels, Two Dimes, Two Quarters, Four 1's, One 5, One 10

The rest of the item tie into the American culture, in some way. It is clear that the Soviets built a Polarization Device for Richtofen as well (Why? Do we know Richtofen's side in the deal with the soviets?). I think it's safe to say the titanium cog shows up in the other list as well. What do these cogs do, why does Richtofen need them (The only cogs I can recall are the telaporter cogs from The Giant- See Trailer)? 

I only say Richtofen did not ask the Soviets to build a tower because the American report on it did not specify that he did. In a letter to Colonel Sawyer, why would Pernell mention joke stuff like Stalin's vodka, The Rite of Spring, and a miniature model of a cathedral but not something massive that Richtofen also requested from the Americans, i.e. a polarization device. I think if Treyarch's intent was to say that he requested a tower from both the Americans and the Soviets, it would have been mentioned in that document. Instead, they chose to explain the lunar lander and cosmonaut suit as the "important" item he would need in the future with specific coordinates (Noting only those two items had specified coordinates. I would say anything left out by Pernell would be stuff deemed unimportant, and including unimportant joke items like the vodka was just to illustrate how he duped both sides.

So because of this, I still stand by my original theory, that Maxis' followers built the one in Hanford, Broken Arrow built the one in China, and Group 935 previous built one in Angola.

21 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

why would Pernell mention joke stuff like Stalin's vodka, The Rite of Spring, and a miniature model of a cathedral but not something massive that Richtofen also requested from the Americans, i.e. a polarization device.

Two answers, one practical and one in-game:
Practical- The info on the polarization device was in the cipher. Providing this information outside of the cipher heavily takes away from the cipher.
In-game- There was no point to document sensitive information. Both sides knew about Richtofen's demands and knew what are the matches. 

Also I can argue that most of the "joke" items have some intention behind them. For example, the signed babe ruth baseball balls, they sell pretty well in the last decade:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/10418153/babe-ruth-autographed-baseball-sold-250641-auction
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/babe-ruth-signed-ball-sold-auction/story?id=22408363
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/17/sport/babe-ruth-bat-baseball-sold-1-million-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

On 2/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, RichKiller said:

I just looked into the Tranzit Radios now. Check this:

Unknown: "Hello! Hello! This is Jackass Flats calling any human community within broadcasting distance. We are located at standard map coordinates, 37 degrees, 07 North. 116 degrees, 03 West. This is a warning to anyone contacted by a group of mysterious voices. Several of our party began to hear the voices and their competing instructions and incompatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of... (Static) only through electronics. This voice is a...big...(Static) and its ultimate goal is unclear. The other voice cannot be heard by humans who have some...(Static) on the...(Static) madness this way lies. Neither of these instruction sets will...understand... (Static) Those of us who have not chosen a side have been hunted by both sides. Seeking to force us to assist them. Oh God, they found me! No! Get back! You can't - Stop! (screams)"

The coordinates specified in this Radio are actually Area 51. 
image.png

It's more the Nevada Test Site(where is Jackass Flats) than Area 51.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
On 2/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, RichKiller said:

Hmmm right. Jackass Flats is actually Area 25. Interestingly, this area contains a very tall tower called the BREN tower.
Nuketown and Moon are connected (we can hear the Moon events from the Nuketown Radio) , so as I see it, the theory could still hold. 

Bestand:BREN Tower nevada.jpg - Wikipedia

Jackass Flats: "Hello! Hello! This is Jackass Flats calling any human community within broadcasting distance. We are located at standard map coordinates, 37 degrees, 07 North. 116 degrees, 03 West. This is a warning to anyone contacted by a *static* group of *static* mysterious voices. Several of our party began to hear the voices and their competing instructions and incompatible demands drove a wedge down the center of the camp. Half of the camp is carrying out the demands of *static* only through electronics. This voice is a...big *static* and its ultimate goal is unclear. The other voice cannot be heard by humans who have *static* on the *static* madness this way lies. Neither of these instruction sets will *static* .understand *static*. Those of us who have not chosen a side have been hunted by both sides. Seeking to force us to assist them. Oh God, they found *static*! No! *static* Get back! *electricity can be heard* You can't *static* Stop! *screams*"

The BREN tower in Jackass Flats is 465 meters high, higher than the Eifel Tower and the Empire State Building. It's rather interesting that Jackass Flats is contacted by Maxis, and I think it has to do with this tower. We know that the towers are required to do something related to polarization of electromagnetic waves, whatever that means, but the fact Maxis contacts the people at the BREN Tower to build a Global Polarization Device as well might mean that it can be built upon every high tower. In Hanford, it seems to be an ordinary electricity pylon, and in Die Rise it looks like a television mast. Maybe it's not the tower that is the limited factor, but to components to make it a GPD. As long as there is a radio, table, fusebox and 115 meteorite around, as well as the necassery parts to activate it, any tower can become a Global Polarization Device. However, it is preferred to be located either very high (BREN tower, skyscraper) or at empty plains (Hanford) to have as few severing objects as possible.so the waves can be broadcasted as far as possible, similar to how radio/TV towers work. Maybe that's why Die Rise has so little backstory, it might really have been meant as a random high building on the other side of the world.

That makes me wonder about the present intrepretation of the story, though. The fact that the US (and possibly the Soviet Union as well) was requested to build a Global Polarization Device, was that actually the one at Hanford? Because if that would be the only tower that could have been constructed into the desired 'Spire', why would Maxis also contact Jackass Flats, Nevada? I see two possible explainations for this: (A) The one the US built was destroyed or never finished, and with the right components a GPD could be built anywhere. (B) Only Maxis can use any tower, Richthofen needs his specific towers at Hanford and Die Rise. It's also interesting to notice how the Rift and Buried is an essential location for either path.

P.S. With the Tower in Die Rise it striked me that the tower doesn't merely have an antenna to broadcast but also disks to receive signals. The other towers probably work the same. I wonder what they receive: signals from the other GPDs or signals from the Aether. Perhaps they function as amplifiers of Richtofen's will, receiving signals from him and broadcasting them across the globe

Die Rise Easter Egg "High Maintenance" FULL Tutorial (Black Ops 2 ...

Archived