CODZ COMMUNITY TOURNAMENT: RULES AND NEWS

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

Who is down for a...

CALL OF DUTY ZOMBIES COMMUNITY TOURNAMENT???

Tourney.jpg

CURRENT GAME REQUIREMENTS:

DESIGNATED CONSOLE: Xbox One or Xbox 360

DESIGNATED GAME: Call of Duty: Black Ops

DESIGNATED MAPS: Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa, Der Riese

DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS: 15

DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME: 02:00:00 hours

PERIPHERALS: A working mic

PLEASE NOTE: Hopeful participants must be using a valid copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Rezurrection DLC

RULES

Hosted by Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff and accompanied by no more than 3 volunteer community members, participating teams will run a Black Ops 1 marathon featuring the maps Nacht Der Untoten, Shi No Numa, Verruckt and Der Riese in that order, competing to complete 15 rounds on each map within 2 hours to finish the marathon. A team may not advance to the next map until they have completed the 15 rounds required.

See exception: FAILURE

If the marathon is completed in less than 2 hours, the team must pick a bonus map, which can be any zombies map from any game available to all players on that team. Once the maximum 2 hours and any remaining bonus time has expired, the tournament is ended.

Bonus time is awarded in 15-second increments for each (1) round survived throughout the duration of the entire marathon. When the designated 2 hours expires, the total amount of earned bonus time is available for immediate use by the team that earned it for the purpose of completing the marathon to the best of their ability.

Exception: FAILURE - If a team fails to achieve round 16 on the same round twice, the map has been failed and they must immediately proceed to the designated map. A penalty will be applied reducing the amount of bonus time earned at the point of the second failure by 50%. 

RULES VERBATIM

Spoiler

HOSTED by Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff and accompanied by no more than 3 volunteer community members, PARTICIPATING TEAMS will run a MARATHON competing to complete the DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS on each DESIGNATED MAP in the prescribed order within the DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME to finish the MARATHON. A team may not advance to the next map until they have completed the DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS.

If the marathon is completed in less than DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME, the team must pick a bonus map which can be any zombies map from any game available to all players on that team. Once the maximum DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME and any remaining BONUS TIME has expired, the tournament is ended.

BONUS TIME is awarded in 15-second increments for each (1) round survived throughout the duration of the entire MARATHON. When the DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME expires, the total amount of earned BONUS TIME is then available for immediate use by the PARTICIPATING TEAM that earned it for the purpose of completing the MARATHON to the best of their ability.

DEFINITIONS: 

Spoiler

• PARTICIPATING TEAMS: Teams consisting of 4 players ages 15+, sanctioned, scheduled and moderated by Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff
  • MARATHON: PARTICIPATING TEAM playing the DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS on the DESIGNATED MAP(s) within DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME as well as DESIGNATED GROSS TIME or BONUS TIME used on the BONUS MAP.
  • TOURNAMENT: A series of MARATHONS featuring sanctioned and moderated by Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff and streamed by THE HOST over the CODZLive channel on twitch.tv and featuring  PARTICIPATING TEAMS
  • THE HOST: The Call of Duty Zombies Forums staff member or DELEGATED HOST who is responsible for streaming the match over the CODZLive channel on twitch.tv.
  • DELEGATED HOST: The PARTICIPATING TEAM member responsible for hosting the stream. Must be an active CoDZ Forums Member for 3+ Months and have received delegation from the active CoDZ Staff member actively moderating the stream chat at the time the MARATHON commences
  • TEAM CAPTAIN: The Call of Duty Zombies Forums staff member responsible for making executive decisions for the PARTICIPATING TEAM within reason (to be determined by the CoDZ Forums Staff).
  • DESIGNATED CONSOLE(S): The console selected by the Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff which will be used in MARATHONS by PARTICIPATING TEAMS.
  • DESIGNATED GAME(S): The Call of Duty Zombies game selected by the Call of Duty Zombies Forums Staff which will be used in MARATHONS within TOURNAMENTS by PARTICIPATING TEAMS.
  • DESIGNATED MAP(S): The map(s) selected to form the body of required play arenas to be completed by PARTICIPATING TEAMS within the DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME.
  • DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS: The entire duration of [15] complete rounds, that is, from the beginning of Round 1 until the beginning of [Round 16], at which time the HOST is required to end the current game.
  • DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME: [02:00:00 hours] in which a PARTICIPATING TEAM must complete the DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS within the DESIGNATED MAPS. If the DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME expires, any earned BONUS TIME may be used until all BONUS TIME has expired by the PARTICIPATING TEAM to which it was awarded.
  • BONUS MAP: The BONUS MAP can only be played for the remainder of the DESIGNATED GROSS TIME FRAME and BONUS available to the PARTICIPATING TEAM. 
  • BONUS TIME: Time awarded to an active PARTICIPATING TEAM to be used in the current MARATHON. All remaining bonus time following the completion of the DESIGNATED NUMBER OF ROUNDS on the final DESIGNATED MAP must be used in the BONUS MAP selected by the team, or in the case of a conflict, by the TEAM CAPTAIN, within all team members' available maps.
  • FAILURE: If a PARTICIPATING TEAM fails to achieve round 16 on the same round twice, the map has been FAILED and they must immediately proceed to the next DESIGNATED MAP. A penalty will be applied reducing the amount of BONUS TIME earned at the point of the second failure by 50%. 

TIMING RULES:

Spoiler

• The timer must be started when the host's current DESIGNATED MAP has completed loading
  • The timer may be paused when the words "Game Over" or "Host Ended Game" appear on the HOST's screen.
  • Timing conflicts will be resolved by the Team Captain and the Call of Duty Zombies Forum Staff if necessary

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE: 

Spoiler

• A MIC
  • The DESIGNATED GAME
  • The DESIGNATED MAP(S)
  • The DESIGNATED CONSOLE(S)

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RECORD:

Spoiler

DIVISION 9 | CAPTAIN: COVERT GUNMAN |  JULY 3, 2016 | PLACEMENT: 1/2

TEAM:

ROUNDS SURVIVED:

1. NACHT DER UNTOTEN: 15
  2. VERRUCKT: 15 
  3. SHI NO NUMA: 15
  4. DER RIESE: 15
  5. ASCENSION [BONUS MAP]: 5

BONUS TIME AWARDED:

• BONUS TIME EARNED WITHIN 2-HOUR LIMIT: 14:15
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS TIME: :45
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS MAP: 1:15
  • GROSS BONUS TIME EARNED: 16:15

YouTube:

TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

GROUP 935 | CAPTAIN/HOST: @Boom | CAPTAIN: @NaBrZHunter | JULY 5, 2016 | PLACEMENT: 2/2

TEAM:

ROUNDS SURVIVED:

1. NACHT DER UNTOTEN: 15
  2. VERRUCKT: 15
  3. SHI NO NUMA: 2 ATTEMPTS; 22 ROUNDS | FAILED AND CONCEDED - PENALTY: -50% BONUS TIME AT POINT OF FAILURE
  4. DER RIESE: 15
  5. KINO DER TOTEN [BONUS MAP]: 5 

BONUS TIME AWARDED:

• BONUS TIME EARNED WITHIN 2-HOUR LIMIT: 16:15
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS TIME: 1:45
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS MAP: 1:15
  • GROSS BONUS TIME EARNED: 19:15
  • PENALTIES: -7:00 BONUS TIME
  • BONUS TIME AFTER PENALTIES: 12:15

YouTube:

TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS

Spoiler

PRIMIS | CAPTAIN/HOST: @InfestLithium | JULY 6, 2016 | PLACEMENT: 2/2

TEAM:

ROUNDS SURVIVED:

1. NACHT DER UNTOTEN: 15 | 2nd attempt, no penalty
  2. VERRUCKT: 15
  3. SHI NO NUMA: 15
  4. DER RIESE: 8

BONUS TIME AWARDED:

• BONUS TIME EARNED WITHIN 2-HOUR LIMIT: 17:15
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS TIME: 
  • BONUS TIME EARNED IN BONUS MAP: N/A
  • GROSS BONUS TIME EARNED: 17:15

YouTube:

TWITTER HIGHLIGHTS

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
23 minutes ago, HitmanVere said:

This sounds interesting, lol. Will there be streaming involved? How about disconnecting from Internet or something else involved that just takes the rest of the time?

Yes, ideally, we do want to stream. :)  Your second question confused me a bit, though. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, HitmanVere said:

Imagine, if someone disconnects due to something that is not their fault, would they be disqualified still?

Ahhhhh...that would be rough. In the end, it's all for fun. We'll play by ear. :) If it works out really well, we'll do it again and perhaps make more solid rules.

• Moderators

You know I don't have a Mic, and I know it is one of the requirements, but Im still gonna ask it: Am I allowed to play with you. Don't feel obligated, and I don't mind if I can't play this time. We can do this another time as well

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Oh wow, I feel stupid. -_- got so busy watching Twitter I forgot to watch home. Gonna try again tomorrow if you can forgive me. If so, send me a friend request (NaBrZHunter)

No worries I'll add you here soon. 

6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Community Roster for tonight's tournament:

• RequixEclipse
  • Doctor Richtofen
  • Flamey Cat
  • TPTK Darkvoid

Can you put this in the OP? I'm going to tweet and share it. I can live stream as well.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Lauren said:

What time is this all going down?

As soon as I confirm with the other staff members who are competing when it will work for them. 

13 minutes ago, anonymous said:

If you guys like it and have time for it, we can play Grief on BO2 after you are finished on the classic maps.

That would be cool, but it's so hard to find folks on 360! 

6 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

As soon as I confirm with the other staff members who are competing when it will work for them. 

That would be cool, but it's so hard to find folks on 360! 

If any of the "2 codz members" on either team can't do it and you need another. Let me know the time and if I can do it, id love to join in. GT - Doinkable.

Archived