EpicSkittlez

Maxis in SOE?

I have been seeing talk on these forums about Maxis being in shadows of evil. Does anyone have a link to a video about this? I have not found any indication of him, although I don't play this map as much as other people.

Edited by EpicSkittlez

The only thing I'm aware of is the hidden radio message where Maxis basically says the SoE 4 are doomed. And some of the hidden coded messages might be about him. But I don't think he's ever present on the map outside of that radio. 

Donor

It isn't even a radio. If you head into the subway area, and approach the back half of the only plant that spawns inside of one of the cars and look out a small hole in the back, you'll find what looks like an unopened rift like one that would be used to initially get down there. Holding X on it cues this quote from maxis: 

" To any survivors of this realm, I am truly sorry. I wish I could offer you some words of hope, but I can not. It is my hope that I can rid the universe of the evil that has plagued it for so long, but in my heart, I know many more dimensions will be lost forever, as we continue our journey towards peace. Forgive me...." 

Donor

Yeah @Cheesegrater28 and @Stop Mocking Me0 are correct, and I assume that these people you mentioned are talking about the radio.

5 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

It isn't even a radio. If you head into the subway area, and approach the back half of the only plant that spawns inside of one of the cars and look out a small hole in the back, you'll find what looks like an unopened rift like one that would be used to initially get down there. Holding X on it cues this quote from maxis: 

" To any survivors of this realm, I am truly sorry. I wish I could offer you some words of hope, but I can not. It is my hope that I can rid the universe of the evil that has plagued it for so long, but in my heart, I know many more dimensions will be lost forever, as we continue our journey towards peace. Forgive me...." 

Just a sidenote, this "Rift" does not appear until after you've completed the PaP Ritual.

The Apothicon Servant quotes are clearly the same voice actor, with sound effects on his voice. Presumably it is supposed to be Maxis, but that's not guaranteed.

Donor
14 hours ago, 83457 said:

The Apothicon Servant quotes are clearly the same voice actor, with sound effects on his voice. Presumably it is supposed to be Maxis, but that's not guaranteed.

With that being said, the shadow man, the Coalescence CEO, and the secretary from "Five" are all the same voice actor as well.