Comparing "him" to Afterlife Mode

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Dindo Nothin The "avogadro" is not the electric man's name, the electric entity from Green Run is simply known as "him".

more-you-know.gif?w=650

and yeah I definitely remember folks proposing this around the time that MotD came out.  It's interesting because @PINNAZ (I believe) pointed out that the afterlife icon is some sort of Native America shamanic symbol (I may be remembering that slightly wrong).  We tried finding similarities between the two electric forms, and could really only compare the fact that they both were... well... electric.

Regardless, we were never able to really come to a conclusion because the BO2 cannon was so all over the place.  With BO2 theorizing became a lot harder in general, because the rules were changed to basically say that "anything is possible".

edit: I've changed your title so it's less misleading.  

Edited by GRILL

@Dindo Nothin no problem man!  

Rule #1: The Call of Duty Zombies Wiki ALWAYS lies

We at CODZ.com have been researching the story the past... oh, 7 years.  One thing that is consistent is that there will always be misinformation.  The Call of Duty Zombies Wiki is basically just a giant misinformation-fest.  @MysteryMachineX can certainly back me up on this.

The only reason the name "avogadro" exists in zombies lore is actually because of a leak pertaining to Black Ops 2.  There was a leak several months before BO2 came out, and it was purporting to show all of the achievements for Green Run - one of the cheevos mentioned the "avogadro" and the community took it and ran.

Lo and behold, once the game came out - there was no mention of any "avogadro".  It's possible that 3arc had changed the descriptions and titles, but if you look at the achievements for Green Run - it's clear that the electric entity's name is "him":

d1a15a460f47032d1243cf4a5191d7ce.png

Your enthusiasm is refreshing though, welcome to CODZ and please keep asking questions.  You'll do fine here.

Edited by GRILL

@GRILL I'm sure glad I found this site, I myself haven't been on the zombies scene since buried was released, I'd like to find a better storyline of the whole thing, any links or information on where I can find such thing? I get most of the story but of course as everyone else does, I have more questions... I tend to stray away from too many theories because It will alter my main focus of what really is.

@Dindo Nothin there are many variations of the story on this site.  Unfortunately I don't have one on hand that centrally explains everything - but what I can do is call upon the forces that be to either explain it to you, or provide a link.  Hopefully one or a few of them will respond.

@Rissole25 @PINNAZ @Shooter @Tac @MixMasterNut @DeathBringerZen @FatedTitan @AlphaSnake @Hells Warrrior @Boom @Slade @Tasha @Lenne - any of you fine folks have a certain thread in mind that is the best for the storyline?  I know we used to use MMX's, but it's been gone awhile.

Edited by GRILL

Yeah hopefully they will see that I tagged them in this post, and post here with either links or possibly their own interpretation.  Regardless the folks in the post above are some of our most active and brilliant members, we should see some responses.

And no problem at all - this is what CODZ is all about :mrgreen:

I don't have any definite answers to this.  My theory about the Avogardo may be my own perspective based on things I've found in previous research for zombie related stuff. So take it with a grain of salt.  But here's my thoughts..

In my prospective, the idea of the Avogardo was likely based off the "Atomic Giants" from the 1952 film "A is for Atom".  Make sure you watch the end of the film to see the giants I'm talking about.  I originally stumbled upon this by finding footage from "A is for Atom" was used in the GKNova6 website during the BO1 viral campaign.  So there's at least some connection between this film and the zombie storyline.  Don't know if it really goes any further than that, but it might.

I personally don't think there's any connection between the Avogardo and the Electric Zombies.  But that's just my own analysis.

- Mix

A is for Atom.png

The Avogadro is the electric guy in Tranzits name, or well it was. There was an achievement list that came out that was the exact same as it is now, but instead of "him" it was Avogadro.

Rule #1: The Call of Duty Zombies Wiki ALWAYS lies

We at CODZ.com have been researching the story the past... oh, 7 years.  One thing that is consistent is that there will always be misinformation.  The Call of Duty Zombies Wiki is basically just a giant misinformation-fest.  @MysteryMachineX can certainly back me up on this.

Oh definitely. Any Wiki, including Wikipedia itself, is only good for pointing people in the right direction. They shouldn't never be taken as the absolute truth (or in this case, even remotely), but they are quite lacking because they are edited by a user base. Using a wiki as evidence is akin to using the word on the street as proof.

As for the name of "Him", I just try to make it a policy of calling the characters what they are actually called in-game, not the names someone on the internet coined. To me it is just a sign of respecting the characters, and the authors (in this case Treyarch).

Grill, does this count as the back that I have served you? Perhaps whilst inserting a metaphor for zombies here? Like a dismembered back? No… that's gross.

I don't think there's any real connection to "Him" and Afterlife mode in MotD. MotD was very much it's own thing and Afterlife was more or less a new feature to fall in line with the Purgatory/Hell theme going on in the map. "Him" was something that I really wish was explained more, or at least the idea of him explored more in other maps. It should be noted that there are however some very similar animations used between the two, actually probably the same ones in order to save development time for other stuff. As recently showcased by the PC beta files, COD games (and many others to be fair) are notorious for reusing code from previous games. Anyway, my point being I believe that's why people thought there was a connection. Maybe there was, but the idea of "Him" seemed to be completely dropped by Treyarch after Tranzit to me.

Thanks for the further information, I believe you all with there being no connection.

I am curious about this storyline though, any links or video I should watch without a doubt?

I've seen this double helix theory where two alternate time frames connect at some points.

I've read about the origins end cutscene is just how samantha and Eddies  (Edward Richtofen??) Brain handles the MPD power, possibly just pretending it was a game.... or was their little zombie game before zombies even started? We hear samantha say "I know what you mean, We will make everything okay, don't worry my dad has a plan" after Eddie says something like "I wish our characters were real sam"

Also what is the term "canon/cannon" referring to?

@Kill_All_Monkeys @MysteryMachineX  @MixMasterNut @GRILL @Nightmare Voyager

Edited by Dindo Nothin
Spelling

Thanks for the further information, I believe you all with there being no connection.

I am curious about this storyline though, any links or video I should watch without a doubt?

I've seen this double helix theory where two alternate time frames connect at some points.

I've read about the origins end cutscene is just how samantha and Eddies  (Edward Richtofen??) Brain handles the MPD power, possibly just pretending it was a game.... or was their little zombie game before zombies even started? We hear samantha say "I know what you mean, We will make everything okay, don't worry my dad has a plan" after Eddie says something like "I wish our characters were real sam"

Also what is the term "canon/cannon" referring to?

@Kill_All_Monkeys @MysteryMachineX  @MixMasterNut @GRILL @Nightmare Voyager

The double helix theory and the ramifications of the ending Origins cut-scene are perhaps best left on the backburner until you understand the canon better, as both (depending on what your perspective will be) kind of muddy up the story a little and make it a little harder to grasp. I do not have any sources at hand but I would suggest watching full walkthroughs of all the EE's first if you haven't seen or completed them yourself already as well as giving a listen to the radios in every map on YouTube. What occurs in those is what would be considered true cannon, as everything else we have pieced together to fill in the gaps are technically theories and could be proven wrong by Treyarch in any future map. Canon in this case only refers to what we physically see and hear in every zombie map (most likely excluding Dead Ops) and not what we discuss here, even if there is absolutely nothing to prove it wrong for the moment.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

Aw thanks H Warrior!

Canon is a bit of a nebulous term. It originated in Christianity when the number of religious texts began to pile up so high. Eventually, they needed a way to sort through them to figure out which ones should "count" or rather, be believed as divine. The term then began to migrate to academics in general and other texts. Nowadays, the term is often sighted amongst fictional series, for often a series will have spin-offs or parallel side-series that won't be considered "canon". The problem however is that unlike with the Church, there is no singular body to determine what is canon, so it is often in debate.

Personally, my philosophy is to say every part of a series is canon, unless directly proven inconsistencies are present.

• 3 months later...