Different universe?

• Administrators

Well that's not my theory. 

My theory makes a lot of sense to me. 

So you ignore a simple explanation and in turn have a really complicated one with different worlds labelled as different thins equivalent to Marvel and DC?

I tend to agree with Nightmare. Except that it could be even simpler. As the Aethereal Controller, Maxis has brought the Terrestrial Time-Space progression back to this point in time to help him open the gateway to Agartha so that he could finally pass through the Aether and enter Agartha. It may have never happened before. If you want complex, it lies in the rest of the story, with the nature of the two dimensions and the process by which we have gotten to this point.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story of zombies can be explained simply for sure, but considering everything that has been in all the maps it is super complicated if you really think about it. I recall aliens being a big part of the story early on, and now it's Vril-ya and Lovecraft horror stuff. Characters have come and gone, and come back again yet different in a significant way. We've been everywhere spanning from WWI to modern times. It has insane connections to obscure military operations and supernatural events and so much more. It's why we have a whole website dedicated to discussing every little minute detail we can extrapolate from all the maps.

Right now I'm liking Mockings theory regarding Origins/The Giant. But I think that can be simplified still. I would say Samantha doesn't take them to Timeline C (I'll call them timelines rather than worlds), she takes them to Timeline A. But when the NO4 intervene and kill O4 Richtofen, that branches them off Timeline A into the newly created Timeline C.

Regarding Mob, I've never really thought too much about it. Just that it's its own thing. Whether that it's own timeline or within a timeline, no idea. Shadows of Evil should give us answers though.

• Administrators

Right now I'm liking Mockings theory regarding Origins/The Giant. But I think that can be simplified still. I would say Samantha doesn't take them to Timeline C (I'll call them timelines rather than worlds), she takes them to Timeline A. But when the NO4 intervene and kill O4 Richtofen, that branches them off Timeline A into the newly created Timeline C.

Regarding Mob, I've never really thought too much about it. Just that it's its own thing. Whether that it's own timeline or within a timeline, no idea. Shadows of Evil should give us answers though.

But Samantha can't take anyone anywhere. She's in Agartha. 

Edited by NaBrZHunter
Intended to be past-tense POV. See following comments.
  • Administrators

he states in audiologs he hears her telling him things.

This follows him declaring that he will be able to make it to Agartha. He had already determined that he would do so. When he returned to 1918, it would seem he lost his post-Buried memories, and utilized the fact that Samantha hadn't to make his way to Agartha. 

I'm still hoping its all simple. One real Earth and one real timeline that's fixed like 12 Monkeys. And the Aether and Argartha are the alternate "Hell" like realities that are parallel to ours and explain maps like MotD, Origins, and SOE. Never a fan of multiple universes and alternate timelines because they make everything in the story not matter since it can all be changed at will. 

• Administrators

I'm still hoping its all simple. One real Earth and one real timeline that's fixed like 12 Monkeys. And the Aether and Argartha are the alternate "Hell" like realities that are parallel to ours and explain maps like MotD, Origins, and SOE. Never a fan of multiple universes and alternate timelines because they make everything in the story not matter since it can all be changed at will. 

Exactly. I 70% agree. lol! Only because I believe the Aether is more of a force-field than an actual "alternate reality." But yeah-Treyarch's always been about mind fuckery. Alternate universes are so easily explained, it's boring. You just make up a new one every time you wanna change something.

Exactly. I 70% agree. lol! Only because I believe the Aether is more of a force-field than an actual "alternate reality." 

Thats true but we travel through the Aether when we teleport and we see people, places, and ideas when we travel in it. I think this could explain why we go to those random stops on Kino including getting a glimpse into Sam's mind when we see her room change with the "Giant Teddy" standing over everything. Just like we see a "hell" version of her room while traveling through it, I think we see a similar thing on MotD and Origins which seem like two specific versions of hell for Weasel and Maxis. 

• Administrators

Exactly. I 70% agree. lol! Only because I believe the Aether is more of a force-field than an actual "alternate reality." 

Thats true but we travel through the Aether when we teleport and we see people, places, and ideas when we travel in it. I think this could explain why we go to those random stops on Kino including getting a glimpse into Sam's mind when we see her room change with the "Giant Teddy" standing over everything. Just like we see a "hell" version of her room while traveling through it, I think we see a similar thing on MotD and Origins which seem like two specific versions of hell for Weasel and Maxis. 

Hm...did you see my thesis on the Nature of the Aether? It's pretty long-winded, and I'm only putting the link here because I cannot provide a concise explanation for what I mean by "force field," and have no intention of promoting my own post. http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/index.php?/topic/179908-the-nature-of-the-aether/#comment-1736657

Yeah I think it's inaccurate to describe some of these maps as alternate dimensions or timelines. The only real alternate dimensions that exist in this world would be the main one we all reside in, the Aether, and Agartha. I believe many of the maps, if not all, to be literal pockets of time. The being in charge in the Aether chooses a point in which the next 20 seconds or so basically happens on repeat, and gives them full power as the overseer (infinite zombies, power ups, reviving people, e.t.c.). These pockets would then exist parallel to our universe, similar to an alternate dimension, but not really a whole new dimension on their own.

Now one could say then if Sam didn't want Rictofen to take control from her, she could then conceivably just keep them within any of the maps before Moon. But, as we are shown in MotD, there is in fact a way to break the cycle. And this leads me to believe that when Rictofen touched the MPD and began hearing the voices in his head, guiding him to enter the MPD himself, they most likely informed him of how to break the cycle and come back to our reality. This probably became a relatively easy process for him after a while, thus why there wasn't ever any real emphasis put on it before MotD. And it would have been a long and complicated process in MotD because the 4 inmates would have had literally no idea as to what was going on and how to break the cycle, until the end of course.

Just wanted to insert my two cents, if that is okay. The story of Zombies is multidimensional altogether. So whether or not a new level is in another dimension has no relation to whether it is part of the story, and these are in fact two separate questions. Because, it could be a separate universe, but still part of the story, or a different story, but still part of the universe.

• Administrators

Just wanted to insert my two cents, if that is okay. The story of Zombies is multidimensional altogether. So whether or not a new level is in another dimension has no relation to whether it is part of the story, and these are in fact two separate questions. Because, it could be a separate universe, but still part of the story, or a different story, but still part of the universe.

Good to see you getting back in the mix, MMX! 

Multidimensional, yes. By its very nature. Multiverse, however...there is not yet any evidence of such.

Good to see you getting back in the mix, MMX! 

Multidimensional, yes. By its very nature. Multiverse, however...there is not yet any evidence of such.

One could argue that it is multidimensional but only in the sense that it appears to take place in a different reality than the campaign/mp portions of the game. 

Beyond that, there is a very strong emphasis on time travel. This can allow for splintering of timelines but alternate dimension wise I don't really believe so beyond the Aether, Agartha, and Earth.

Beyond that, there is a very strong emphasis on time travel. This can allow for splintering of timelines but alternate dimension wise I don't really believe so beyond the Aether, Agartha, and Earth.

I'm hoping so but who knows.

Still hanging on hope that there is no time splintering going on. Like I said, I'd like for a 12 Monkeys take to the story where everything will make sense as already happening and nothing can change. Would be nice if they somehow explain this Origins Richtofen killing the other Richtofen and show that its what had happened all along.

Like Origins Richtofen is really Sam who kills Richtofen in the cutscene, then maybe goes back further in time to grow up and take his place. This could explain how Shino might be happening before Der Riese since the Origins Richtofen could be there releasing the old crew. Then they arrive at Der Riese just seconds after the Giant map takes place. Would be an interesting spin to have WaW and BO Richtofen really been Sam all along, which could explain his feminine and weird personality. 

Maybe not that since there are so many plot holes if that turned out to be the case, but if Treyarch could spin something like that to explain it all, I'd be happy. Something that keeps everything relevant and maybe throws some surprises in the mix.

I'm hoping so but who knows.

Still hanging on hope that there is no time splintering going on. Like I said, I'd like for a 12 Monkeys take to the story where everything will make sense as already happening and nothing can change. Would be nice if they somehow explain this Origins Richtofen killing the other Richtofen and show that its what had happened all along.

Like Origins Richtofen is really Sam who kills Richtofen in the cutscene, then maybe goes back further in time to grow up and take his place. This could explain how Shino might be happening before Der Riese since the Origins Richtofen could be there releasing the old crew. Then they arrive at Der Riese just seconds after the Giant map takes place. Would be an interesting spin to have WaW and BO Richtofen really been Sam all along, which could explain his feminine and weird personality. 

Maybe not that since there are so many plot holes if that turned out to be the case, but if Treyarch could spin something like that to explain it all, I'd be happy. Something that keeps everything relevant and maybe throws some surprises in the mix.

Well if they really will pull a 12 Monkeys on us, we'll find out in The Giant. One way or another, they are going to change something or nothing at all.

Well if they really will pull a 12 Monkeys on us, we'll find out in The Giant. One way or another, they are going to change something or nothing at all.

I'm sorry, 12 monkeys? What XD

I know. Really looking forward to this map to hopefully give the story some much needed direction for us fans. BO2 was so vague that anything was possible. Made theorizing feel pointless (even though theorizing about a fictional game is anyway, its still fun to do so). So hope The Giant can finally give us some clues to whats going on. 

I'm sorry, 12 monkeys? What XD

There is a movie called 12 Monkeys starring Bruce Willis where he travels back in time to try and change the future but the twist at the end (which they did in a fantastic way) was that no matter what you did, there is no way to change time and everything has already happened or will happen. So no alternate timelines or anything, just a single linear path.