Observations from the Intro

I loaded up Der Riese with my friend last night and we spent a good hour at the teleporter near the MP40 trying to figure out how everything worked in the cutscene. While we were there, we found a lot of differences just too that one area. I think this is a sign of how drastically the map could change but I wanted to point out what had changed. This is probably going to be a wall of text but I don't have much time to go get pictures for it and I just wanted to point out some of the stuff I saw that I think passed under the radar a bit.

The first big thing is where Nikolai is shooting, in the intro he is shooting zombies in that open location that we saw at the end of the Black Ops 3 trailer. If you go to where that is in map, it is the opposite side to where the MP40 is and its just a dark corridor with no candles or anything. You can tell this isn't the MP40 side either because of Dempsey's position in the background.

Another thing I noticed was that Dempsey was shooting through a broken window. This window still exists in Der Riese as well so it is not a new addition. This is the same with where Younger Richtofen hangs on to a bar, just above a set of stairs. The main difference with this area though is that everything looks a lot bigger than it was before. Another difference that I noticed near this area was on the ground below this area where all the zombies are gathered and the group jump into. It should be impossible for the zombies to be there because of a massive generator that exists where they are standing. In the Giant, this does not exist. This room being altered could be a sign that it is the new starting room for the map and we do not start off in the courtyard as players were not teleported there.

Lastly I noticed that the teleporter is altered in many ways, such as having a button near it and having more space behind it. Those are all the changes to the areas but I did notice a few things about what the characters do that could lead to something. Richtofen immediately goes over to his dead body and takes something from it. Before we can see what he takes, the camera cuts to another player. What he takes from himself could be something important for the easter egg like maybe a set of keys which will open to where the test subjects are. Another strange thing is that the characters were warning Richtofen to note open the teleporter. My question is how did the players even get to the map and if they came by teleporter, why did they come at different times? I think a lot has happened between Origins and the Giant that they are going to make quotes about. They could have even found another teleporter like the MPD at some point.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great observation! I never thought to go check out the differences and I'm glad someone did it. About what you said here... "I think a lot has happened between Origins and the Giant that they are going to make quotes about." I agree.

I think they may have been even further in time before going to The Giant/Der Riese because of what Nikolai says in the trailer. Nikolai says, "Only a fool would dare to change history." So he certainly seems to have some notion about the future, whether he's been there or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it took a few tries for the whole group to get to the right place at the right time, but that's just what I think. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that it took a few tries for the whole group to get to the right place at the right time, but that's just what I think. 

Thats a great idea. The characters could have gone anywhere before Der Riese.

I still doubt the map will be very different from the normal Der Riese. The map layout may be the same, but maybe some/all areas will just be bigger in size?

Well as I just pointed out, theres a drastic change in that one area at least so its open for interpretation at the moment.

• Administrators

I would be very careful about taking the trailer into such specific detail. Remember what happened with Call of the Dead and Tranzit trailers/intros? Edited or completely removed content that many of us noticed. I would take everything in trailers with a grain of salt excluding direct dialogue and purposefully-focused objects. 

But I do agree (and hope) that this map ought to have some slight altercations with enough throwback that it's not completely different to us.

I actually do want the Panzer to come back or something like it. What I am excited for is maybe a prototype Wunderwaffe or even a remastered beauty of annihilation.

• Moderators

I actually do want the Panzer to come back or something like it. What I am excited for is maybe a prototype Wunderwaffe or even a remastered beauty of annihilation.

Yeah the Panzer is a cool enemy. Although he ruined my run yesterday. ;_;

I would be excited to see some waw guns return like the Thompson and the PPSH which I never got to use in zombies.

Oh yeah definitely I haven't ever used the PPSh. I just got killed by the Panzer as well so I kinda regret saying that XD something along the lines of him would be cool though.

The Panzer was a worthy adversary, what a boss zombie should be. Almost every time he showed up it ended up being a pretty tough but fun fight, especially with the staffs. And that's what I like, a challenging yet thrilling fight. 

And quite frankly, I'm very surprised no one has actually gone back and directly compared The Giant to Der Riese from the new intro. Granted, as stated above, even with the cut-scene I don't think the differences will be too drastic in-game. I believe the biggest difference will simply be the map being made a little bigger in size, maybe a few extra rooms, some redesigned aesthetics and that's it.

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

My guess is that we'll have a future map in ancient times as the Origins 4. There we'll wield the staffs again. 

I'd rather not have the Staves back. I'd prefer to have new, unique Wonder Weapons instead, especially if the way of obtaining the Staves would be a similar process to Origins. Besides, that image can be easily explained as a place the NO4 went after Origins and before The Giant.

My guess is that we'll have a future map in ancient times as the Origins 4. There we'll wield the staffs again. 

I'd rather not have the Staves back. I'd prefer to have new, unique Wonder Weapons instead, especially if the way of obtaining the Staves would be a similar process to Origins. Besides, that image can be easily explained as a place the NO4 went after Origins and before The Giant.

Thats how I would explain it but the staffs would probably not be buildable in a map like Primis, instead they would just be an easter egg thing. But there doesn't need to be a map for it really as long as they quote about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed when the teleporter is turning itself back on, Takeo and Richtofen look up at it and you can hear like whispers. I am not sure if anyone is able to do some editing magic to the sound but I have seen it done with other things, maybe the whispering means something?