Research Findings 1# Marlton from parallel world?

Marlton_talks_to_Russ_Buried_BOII.png

Marlton Johnson.....what do we know about him? Scientist....was in the nuketown Bunker during the events of Nuketown Zombies, surprisingly knowledgeable of weaponry from way beyond the time periods of the 1960's.

Some might have theorized Marlton was from the future. However.. I have come to believe that Marlton is from a Parallel Universe. There is actually Evidence that points out that universes might be merging together due to the Missiles literally Breaking time itself.

Exhibit A. The Nuketown Bunker.

hqdefault.jpg

The Bunker has recently survived an atomic bomb being dropped. Now imagine what would happen if a Missile were to hit with the explosive power to SHATTER the Earth. The Bunker would not survive. However Marlton remains alive during the events of tranzit even though he was in the Bunker hiding for his life. Now, some may say he escaped on the Bus however...this is false and can be proven which brings me to exhibit B

Marlton and Misty Meet Russman and Stuhlinger

f82b4c5a7f4fa2f1d119c49065189fa9.png

After the world came to and end sometime after the events of Nuketown Marlton Meets Misty. Later they are rescued by Russman and Stuhlinger who have commandeered the bus. So if Marlton didnt escape the Bunker using the Bus then HOW did he escape?

Well....what if he didn't? What if... The Marlton we hear in Nuketown...Died when the Moon Missile hit nuketown. Now you are probably asking if he did die then how is he back in tranzit?

Well there is a Possibility which I've come across while researching the entire zombies game mode from the ground up. 

Exhibit C

A radio from Die Rise

"Recon 5, this is Saber 10. Our sweep failed to find evidence of any survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOB (Foward Operating Base)." ... "That's a negative sir, records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun." ... "Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak." ... "Understood sir, confirmed drop in T-5. Retreating to safe distance."

Now we face a contradiction here to what we have learned throughout the entire Zombies storyline. We know the world was blown up instantly so why how would the government still be functional enough to send teams to loom for survivors. Also a Puzzling thing is why do they believe that Staff were trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak? Why would they be concerned with taking the blame if the world is Over, There is nothing left, the missiles are clearly to Blame. 

Exhibit C leads to Exhibit D

cdc0c89f2463d37aa6f94f48c3369281.png

Die rise takes place after the 90's Perhaps even 2025 due to zombie military Models

So how did we get from the 60's Tranzit to the 1990 possibly 2025 era Die Rise?

Well, there is another possibility. There is another Universe that is currently merging with the universe blew up in Moon. 

How?

The Rift is Broken and time is spread across the Earth

Which would explain a certain Bus driver that Exists in the 60's for some odd reason

c47fbbd17b049d2a5ad68eb04451db31.png

So what I believed Happened is when the rift broke, The undead slowly began to spread to another universe. This is Marltons Universe and in this Universe the zombies did not overrun the world as quickly as they did in Universe A which is the one we play in during BO 1 and W@W. Eventually both Universes began to merge as objects began to slip through like food coloring dripping into water. 

So if Locations and Objects can be brought into Universe A due to the distortions then what about people? Well...Martlon wouldn't be the first... Because there is someone else in Universe A that does not Belong... 

60368a97c155b7dda756516da5686bde.png

Yes gentlemen....Sloth Definitely does not Belong here. Which opens the Possibility that Humans can also cross Universes and Time due to the anomaly. 

So what about Martlon? Is he really from the 60'?

Well, did you know during the events of Tranzit Martlon is the Only one that has knowledge about the Weapons they use?

Look at this quote

"The M8A1 automatic rifle with a 5.56mm 32-round magazine could be...ugh, I could just say, 'It's fine.' I guess..."

and this one

"The KAP, an automatic pistol with the recoil system of a rifle? The designer was indecisive and has created a sub-par weapon!"

and this one

"The Executioner...a five-chambered portable shotgun-pistol. Really? I should execute you, you cuboid of chaos, for giving me this unwieldy thing!"

Marlton Clearly has more knowledge about weapons from 2025 even though he is supposedly from the 60's while the other characters never name the weapons by Name or in such detail. They usually refer to weapons as machine gun, or shotgun, or Girl Gun. 

The fact that this happens in Tranzit shows that at the earliest point in the BO2 maps Misty, Russman, and Stuhlinger are not accustomed to using these types of weapons. 

With all that said these are the findings I have come to while Examining the zombies game mode. I have also found some more interesting things but I'll leave that for another day. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marlton doesnt have to be in the bunker, could be radios. He can also have escaped before the missile, at the end of the game when the missile is about to hit the bunker looks open. Also as for the weapons, he could be saying this stuff from observation. I mean you guys know about these weapons and they are in a video game so knowledge of something like that doesnt mean your from the future.

But, at the same time, things are broken in the world, times broken. It could take place in the 60s and stuff has fell in from the past and future. For example Marlton but I am not going to go with this theory simply because it just really doesnt have enough stuff to back it up that cant be explained in a different way. Maybe if you find more stuff it could be plausible. 

Marlton doesnt have to be in the bunker, could be radios. He can also have escaped before the missile, at the end of the game when the missile is about to hit the bunker looks open. Also as for the weapons, he could be saying this stuff from observation. I mean you guys know about these weapons and they are in a video game so knowledge of something like that doesnt mean your from the future.

But, at the same time, things are broken in the world, times broken. It could take place in the 60s and stuff has fell in from the past and future. For example Marlton but I am not going to go with this theory simply because it just really doesnt have enough stuff to back it up that cant be explained in a different way. Maybe if you find more stuff it could be plausible. 

I don't think looking at a weapon and knowing it's name is something that can be said through observation. Otherwise all the other characters would be naming the weapons as well. 

As for the Bunker being Opened we can know this.

On round 25 the zombie eyes turn blue. Then shortly after the missiles hit. Even if Marlton has left the bunker through the front door he would not have made it too far. The explosion would have killed him due to proximity. 

Also if the Bunker door really is Open during the game over then that suggests someone was inside, ruling out the Radio thing. 

also the safe proximity for a nuclear bomb minimun is 6 miles it can also be more. So imagine the Blast radius on a Missile that is capable of shattering an entire planet.

Edited by Black Hand Smith

I think the universe merging with another is a strong possibility. There's something out of place on each of the N4 maps. Including Die Rise's loading screen saying Province 22 though we look like we're in Shanghai. 

I don't think Marlton is from there simply because the biggest back story we got from the N4 was the one between Marlton and Russman and how they worked together and had a falling out. So it wouldn't make too much sense to set that up and then make him a different Marlton from another universe. Its always a possibility but one I don't see adding more. 

As for the bus route, the bus driver lists a ton of places so who knows where it took Russ and Stuh between Nuketown and Tranzit. But I also think that the honking of the bus on Nuketown is to indicate them leaving that map as Marlton is still there. He missed the bus and we see him meet up with it later. 

I think the universe merging with another is a strong possibility. There's something out of place on each of the N4 maps. Including Die Rise's loading screen saying Province 22 though we look like we're in Shanghai. 

I don't think Marlton is from there simply because the biggest back story we got from the N4 was the one between Marlton and Russman and how they worked together and had a falling out. So it wouldn't make too much sense to set that up and then make him a different Marlton from another universe. Its always a possibility but one I don't see adding more. 

As for the bus route, the bus driver lists a ton of places so who knows where it took Russ and Stuh between Nuketown and Tranzit. But I also think that the honking of the bus on Nuketown is to indicate them leaving that map as Marlton is still there. He missed the bus and we see him meet up with it later. 

Did they really work together? According to Marlton during the buried conversation

( His memory is going again)

Which means that the N4 must have experience with Russman's memory coming back from time to time so it is likely that Russman mentioned "the incident" during their travels from die rise to Buried which took at least a month to achieve. Russman could have told them about this incident and then his memory could have gone away. 

Also the H.A.A.R.P research station was founded in 1993. 30 Years give or take after the Missiles Hit. So the Bus driver is definitely not from the 1960's. Suggesting that it was programmed by someone who knew of HAARP. and was familiar with AI. Not to mention this is very advanced AI being able to emit emotion.

Edited by Black Hand Smith

Look at tranzit, how did anyone even survive as it seems they were outside. I like cheeses idea about how the bus thing is. Also ive heard stu say the five sevens name and others futuritic weapons, marlton is no exception. Its a good theoryy but its one that I think you need to depend on other stuff rther than the proof already. The bus coud have been  result of time being messed up, seems more likely.

Another theory being it's the year 2025 and that yes marelton died in the bunker, but as we've seen before, richtofen has control over life and death as seen in die-rise. 

TEDD is a disguised robot, remember, and the only reason I believe he exists is to pick up "regular passer-by" big-wigs and carry them to green run to form their secret society. The fact he's disguised could mean he could come from any era between the 1960s and the 2025s. 

The "sloth" is just a massive hill-billy and can come from any period in time. Same thing with the ghosts.

If I had to guess, I'd say richtofen KNEW marelton was one of the characters he NEEDED to get him what he wanted. We can prove this because he and the others were needed to activate the button in buried. 

Look at tranzit, how did anyone even survive as it seems they were outside. I like cheeses idea about how the bus thing is. Also ive heard stu say the five sevens name and others futuritic weapons, marlton is no exception. Its a good theoryy but its one that I think you need to depend on other stuff rther than the proof already. The bus coud have been  result of time being messed up, seems more likely.

After lookin into it deeper Nightmare voyager is right about one thing. Stuhlinger does mention the five seven....In Buried. In fact none of yum mention the names of the weapons until die rise so over time the other characters are gettin accustomed to the weapons.

Okay so I have noticed that I havent mentioned some thing yet that actually make your theory plausible and add on to it. The Nacht ad Ascension loading screens have a man like Marlton, same with the wall on Ascenion. Asension is the 60s so if this other marlton was there. It makes sense that he could have travelled to america.

• Administrators

TEDD is a disguised robot, remember, and the only reason I believe he exists is to pick up "regular passer-by" big-wigs and carry them to green run to form their secret society. The fact he's disguised could mean he could come from any era between the 1960s and the 2025s.

Please please please don't call the bus driver TEDD, don't want newer members to think that name is legitimate somehow ;)

Okay so I have noticed that I havent mentioned some thing yet that actually make your theory plausible and add on to it. The Nacht ad Ascension loading screens have a man like Marlton, same with the wall on Ascenion. Asension is the 60s so if this other marlton was there. It makes sense that he could have travelled to america.

What wall on Ascension are you referring to? This image below? It's actually a famous monument in Russia, known as the Monument to the Conquerors of Space, as @MixMasterNut found.

u4qUCG7.jpg