Sm4sh Bros Noob: Give Me Tips!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you've played the new one and disagree, I think you'd be surprised by how much they nerfed Meta Knight, he is much much slower and less mobile now.

My biggest advice, don't forget about your grabs, blocks, and dodges.

If you're playing Wii U I believe grabs are the front buttons on tob of the controller and blocks are the triggers. You dodge by tapping a direction (left or right) while pressing the block button.

I never use dodges and blocks enough and it always leads to my downfall.

Otherwise just learn to be really mobile with your character. Being able to recover from attacks is key in smash.

Kirby, and metaknight are the OP characters. Always choose them!

Metaknight got nerfed alot since Brawl. He isn't bad but by no means is he OP, compared to say Diddy.

I recommend heading over to the Smash Bros subreddit on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/

Alot of it will be Melee and PM stuff, but you can find some great pointers. But you can just ask there and alot of people will point you in the right direction.

And if you want, I can add you and we can have a couple of matches and I can see what you could improve. I'm by no means the best. I would only say I'm above average. But yeah, that goes for anyone else as well if they want. I've got both the Wii U and 3DS versions, and I main Yoshi, Zelda and Pac-Man. But lately been playing alot of everyone, especially Mario, Olimar, Lucina and Megaman.

Another thing to add onto what Mega said, you'll want to dodge in the air as you're coming down or an attack is coming at you. All you do is press the Shield or Grab (L or R) buttons and just dodge.

You'll also want to learn out to spot dodge. It's exactly what  Mega said, but instead of pushing left or right, you press down. This will make you dodge, but stay on the same spot.

• 2 weeks later...